Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Kevin jones

Carpet cleaners newbie starting out
« on: October 04, 2019, 02:06:37 pm »
        Hi all thinking about starting up carpet cleaning business  but so many good carpet cleaning machines out there at mo just cant decide  which one i will be doing customers carpets  in homes etc.  I was told to get a pex 500 usa machine  but been looking about. The An Enforcer with 6.6 vacs , 600psi ...Alltec evolution ... or an Airflex storm  800psi Or miniflex hx400 all look good  now with airflex storm  can have add on's for hard floor tiles floors etc  hope I'm on right  track   I'm also gona do a one or two day course

john martin

Re: Carpet cleaners newbie starting out
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2019, 07:54:35 pm »
who told you buy a PEX500 ?  ...   the guys selling it id say  .
I see it on a uk website 3600+ vat !!!   youd need to be mad   , again ..  american inport with ' just ok 'body   ...and some below par internals ...  forget it .
the three UK machines you mentioned are the best designs in the world   .. look no further  , the americans crave to have to portables like those when they are shown on american forums  ... uk makes best portables ... and im not even in the UK ..im a european  :v
Take your pick with the three companies you mentioned  ,   remember you might want to add a heater of some sort ... external heaters are around 500+  or if you choose an enforcer ... add on the internal immersion for a couple of hundred .

Kevin jones

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2019, 08:34:33 pm »
Cool mate thanks for reply  i pick one of them machines looking at a two day training course 🙂

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2019, 08:22:15 pm »
Get an Airflex Pro or Storm, best machines on the market, and a doddle to replace parts on. Where are you based? If you buy an Airflex from the manufacturer, Cleansmart in Nottingham, and do your training with Derek their instructor, you get the course for free. If you  live north east area, you could go to John Kelly at Restormate, he does occasional training courses. Both are very good , John is also an agent for the Airflex machines.
Cheers Rich

Kevin jones

« Reply #4 on: October 05, 2019, 08:52:31 pm »
Cool I will have to travel im  from south wales 🙂

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2019, 12:28:00 pm »
Kevin

good luck.

dont get caught up in the power thing. carpet cleaning is about emulsification.  power only comes into it when deciding how far you want to work away from the machine. you need to deliver hot water to the carpet and recover it. the longer the distance the more heat and power you will need. This is why TMs are so powerful.

When buying a portable you also need to find out how often you be at the sink refilling. time is money.

Ian

Kevin jones

« Reply #6 on: October 21, 2019, 08:43:15 pm »
Cool mate thanks for reply thank you will take it on aboard 🙂