This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

What is at fault
« on: October 01, 2019, 11:13:39 pm »
When I turn the pump on in the morning, and draw water by opening the univalve, it doesn’t pump. I have to remove the inlet hose to the reel to get the pump to kick in.  The pump will is operated by a flow controller btw.
Cheers Rich

Plankton

Re: What is at fault
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2019, 11:33:00 pm »
What type of connection on the reel, pro26?
Could it be jamming inside, I'd check it and maybe recalibrate the controller see if that helps.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #2 on: October 02, 2019, 08:46:14 am »
Calibration

Simon Trapani

« Reply #3 on: October 02, 2019, 08:59:31 am »
As above.

Re-calibrate would be my guess. The weather is now colder. Hose doesn’t expand as much.

Plankton

« Reply #4 on: October 02, 2019, 10:09:37 am »
Put to 30 push up plus enter stick it up to 60 and hit entre to save.

« Reply #5 on: October 02, 2019, 02:22:11 pm »
Does the pump actually start and make a noise but not pump water ?
I'm asking because you say you have to remove input hose from reel, when that happens does it then start to pump water ? If so then I would have thought the problem is an airlock somewhere ?

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2019, 04:45:45 pm »
Happened to us this morning! Cold snap and both pumps didn't budge, then they turned for a second then nothing so upped the Cal setting so they'd turn over then it's a case of doing an auto Cal.

RPCCS

« Reply #7 on: October 02, 2019, 05:16:06 pm »
It’s  a digital controller, max is 9 on both flownand pressure, and yes water flows once inlet removed. It’s just normal garden hose on the inlet with hose lock connector, but the reel is 8mm. How to calibrate please?
Cheers Rich

Plankton

« Reply #8 on: October 02, 2019, 05:32:18 pm »
Is that a Vari stream controller? If so I've not used one for a few years and can't remember the functions.  :(

Spruce

« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2019, 05:45:06 pm »
Here's a copy of the user's guide
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

RPCCS

« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2019, 01:46:16 pm »
Tried adjusting pressure, no difference, with flow off pump continues running at really low speed ie just cranking . could it be pressure switch?
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2019, 04:50:47 pm »
Pump will now not switch off when flow is turned off.
Pipes are rock hard inlet and outlet, remove the hose inlet on reel and a rush of air comes out , then water. Re attach to reel, it pressurises and then cuts out. Switch off leave for 20 minutes to get home, try again, same thing. Water flows from hose but pump will not turn off when flow is stopped. Help please someone.
Cheers Rich

Don Kee

Re: What is at fault New
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2019, 05:13:48 pm »
Unplug the reel and leave hose on floor for a few mins and look for air bubbles.(with pump running)

Once you get a constant stream of water (no air bubbles), plug reel back in and follow the user guide “spruce” linked above to auto cal your controller.

Trust me, it’s one of those two issues.

(You shouldn’t have your pressure switch wired in whilst using a controller, so if you have it wired correctly...no it’s not the pressure switch)

RPCCS

« Reply #13 on: October 15, 2019, 05:15:32 pm »
Already done, a few times, let hose run until water flow steady and bubble free.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #14 on: October 15, 2019, 06:41:50 pm »
Done what you said, but had the pump inlet in a bucket of water and the outlet running into the same bucket, all ok, put a tap on the outlet and turned it off and on a couple of times, pump shut off when tap closed. Wound the whole 100m of hose out and plugged the reel inlet back on, switched pump on, it built up pressure then shut off. Turned the water flow on and all ok, shut off flow, and pump shut off as pressure was reached, so hopefully its sorted. Thanks Don
Cheers Rich