Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve_Knight

Karndean/Amtico Cleaning
« on: September 28, 2019, 06:36:13 am »
Hi All

Whats the best way to clean Karndean and Amtico?

Do you need to re apply the "dressing" once it has been cleaned?

TIA

premier floorcare

Re: Karndean/Amtico Cleaning
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2019, 08:16:36 am »
Depends on the type and ammount of soiling and type of finish of the tile.
Re application of dressing is optional but usual if dressing is removed.

Slow speed rotary and wet vac with spp, red or green pad used in conjunction with floor stripper will clean most soiling.

Attendance of a hard floor course is a good starting point they dont normally concentrate on resilient flooring but in my experience most do touch on the subject and will give a more practical idea of cleaning methods

PAULFAB

« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2019, 09:00:48 pm »
Like other vinyl floors Steve. Most I've cleaned have never had enough "dressing" on to consider stripping. A bit of dwell & SX12 is usually enough. Some might benefit from a scrub.
If it had a matt or grained finish then I wouldn't do anything post cleaning. If it had or was intended to have a sheen then apply a couple of coats of "dressing" which could be the same gloss or satin polish/finish that you might put on many other sealed floors.

I hope you're well fella. I'm struggling to remember the  last time we had a beer. Possibly when you were going to the Stones at Twickenham that got cancelled so we met at Covent Garden. We met at midday and then struggled to get a cab that would take your mate that we had laying in a shop doorway back to your hotel at midnight! Don't do many sessions like that any more but if you're ever down this way...

Steve_Knight

« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2019, 08:16:59 am »
Hey Paul!!

Great to hear from ya!!

Give me a bell......Have you got the same number?

PAULFAB

« Reply #4 on: September 29, 2019, 10:53:22 pm »
Just googled that gig that was cancelled and it was 2003, before Jose was even in the thoughts of Chelsea lol.
Will bell you next week Steve.

Robin Ray

« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2019, 06:09:02 pm »
Karndean have their own products to maintain the warranty, Restore is the stripper, use with a red pad. and Refresh is the dressing (used to be called Dimglow)  apply a couple of coats. I have done a number of floors now and they always seem to come up well. You could quite easily use any stripper and dress with something like a satin or gloss floor polish, my favorite is British Nova long life Satin. Amtico is the same, they also have their own products.