Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

PurefectWindowCleaning

New Website Under Construction
« on: September 26, 2019, 05:39:36 pm »
I've been working on our new website. Feel free to check it out. Tell me what you think.
I'm not one for lots of text, I think minimal is better.
It's not finished yet, I'll be adding our own images eventually, and the homepage is a little bland at the minute.

www.purefect-cleaning.co.uk

p1w1

Re: New Website Under Construction
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 05:42:39 pm »
On some pages you say residential and others domestic. I would stick with one or the other, personally i think domestic sounds better.
Just a small thing to point out.

Slacky

« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 05:44:23 pm »
That van in the slider image, GET RID!

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2019, 05:44:56 pm »
On some pages you say residential and others domestic. I would stick with one or the other, personally i think domestic sounds better.
Just a small thing to point out.

Good spot.  I'll edit that now.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2019, 05:45:46 pm »
That van in the slider image, GET RID!

That's our van  ;D

Like I said the homepage isn't finished yet ;)

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2019, 06:33:49 pm »
Just because you are not one for lots of text is irrelevant,  the website is for your customers not you. Minimal  isn’t better,  it’s easier and takes less thinking  but people are visiting your website for information  give them lots of it, they can choose To stop reading at any point.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #6 on: September 26, 2019, 06:37:06 pm »
Just because you are not one for lots of text is irrelevant,  the website is for your customers not you. Minimal  isn’t better,  it’s easier and takes less thinking  but people are visiting your website for information  give them lots of it, they can choose To stop reading at any point.

That's your opinion Mike. Personally I believe lots of text isn't better.  ;D

lal

« Reply #7 on: September 26, 2019, 06:43:31 pm »

Its looking good James, looking forward to seeing the finished version.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #8 on: September 26, 2019, 06:51:10 pm »

Its looking good James, looking forward to seeing the finished version.

Thanks Larry.

Smudger

« Reply #9 on: September 26, 2019, 09:45:57 pm »

Its a fine balance, also depends on the structure and layout of the text - a solid block is boring and no one will read it - it also needs to have the most valuable info first then smaller details further down the page - you need to have a copy writer go through it

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Pete Thompson

« Reply #10 on: September 27, 2019, 12:04:41 am »
You’re using Ionics image.

I’d get that off quick, quick if I were you.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #11 on: September 27, 2019, 06:09:11 am »

It’s not my opinion it’s from various articles i’ve Read about text based marketing versus image, also do you want to rank on google or just use as an information portal for your customers to go to? Google likes relevant text content on your website. Why do you think people visit your website? Is it to gain more information or to look at pictures.

On a separate subject, unless you look like a serial killer you need to put pictures of yourself on your website, people want to see what you look like, preferably you need a picture of you & your van in front of a local landmark , this kill many birds with one stone.

Stoots

« Reply #12 on: September 27, 2019, 08:34:16 am »
Little text might look better.

But yours had hardly any and it's terrible for search engines.

You need lots or relevant content, lots of keywords and headers etc.

If you are not bothered about it ranking then fair enough it probably doesn't matter.

Smudger

« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2019, 03:01:06 pm »
I can put you in touch with our web guy - he's excellent and if you don't like the work he does you don't pay

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2019, 05:20:42 pm »

Mikes here again. 
Mike if you read my post it clearly states images have not been added yet and are temporary.
Anyway, I've since added some of me and a staff member just for you ;)

It’s not my opinion it’s from various articles i’ve Read about text based marketing versus image, also do you want to rank on google or just use as an information portal for your customers to go to? Google likes relevant text content on your website. Why do you think people visit your website? Is it to gain more information or to look at pictures.

On a separate subject, unless you look like a serial killer you need to put pictures of yourself on your website, people want to see what you look like, preferably you need a picture of you & your van in front of a local landmark , this kill many birds with one stone.

PurefectWindowCleaning

« Reply #15 on: September 27, 2019, 05:22:48 pm »
I can put you in touch with our web guy - he's excellent and if you don't like the work he does you don't pay

Darran

Thanks Darren but It's ok mate.
We don't need any more work, truth be told we are only doing it because we have some spare time due to both being sat on hospital beds (I'm donating a kidney to my brother) so just killing time  ;D

p1w1

« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2019, 06:13:29 pm »

Darran

We don't need any more work, truth be told we are only doing it because we have some spare time due to both being sat on hospital beds (I'm donating a kidney to my brother) so just killing time  ;D
Good on you mate, i did the same about 8 years ago.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2019, 07:08:24 am »
Your carpet cleaning page needs some more  text. My carpet cleaning website is www.eastyorkshireclean.co.uk if you want to take some text of there or just have a Quick read to get some ideas feel free

Smudger

« Reply #18 on: September 28, 2019, 09:11:10 am »

Darran

I hope all goes well - good on you

Darran

lal

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2019, 09:57:27 am »

Darran

All the best James, you are a good caring brother.  :)