This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Doing price rises
« on: September 23, 2019, 07:42:40 pm »
Just sent out about 250 texts for price rises.

So far about 50 said no problem

Just one tight get that said ok we will cancel then

£10 job going to £11 had them 3 years

How tight are some people  ???

Plankton

Re: Doing price rises
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 07:57:51 pm »
Your giving them the easiest way to cancel though, I prefer to just mark it on the Windows cleaned slip and then they don't have the knee jerk reaction of canceling.

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 08:05:17 pm »
Best thing about GoCardless.
Bang their price up every couple of months and a great tip at xmas from them as well.
Obviously you tell them via the email which is generated but how often do they check their email..... ;D
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2019, 08:15:36 pm »
Your giving them the easiest way to cancel though, I prefer to just mark it on the Windows cleaned slip and then they don't have the knee jerk reaction of canceling.

Maybe, but I don't think just sticking the price up without warning would go down very well either. Seems a bit rude not to pre warn them.

I don't mind losing 10-20 to be fair I've got a few too many really but still can't believe how tight some are over a quid

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2019, 08:17:22 pm »

So you have lost £10 a month but gained £49 a month in my book  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

PHILIP HARDY

« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2019, 08:52:55 pm »

So you have lost £10 a month but gained £49 a month in my book  ;D

A £1 price rise on a £10 job is 10%, I reckon you will lose around 1-2% of customers with this level of increase, so expect the one from 50 to become 4 or 5 from 250,  stil a good winner, +£ 245 monthly gain, lost £40-£50 monthly
The Stupid Neither Forgive Nor Forget
The Naive Forgive And Forget
The Wise Forgive But Don't Forget

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2019, 08:57:45 pm »
No what I meant is writing on the slip to say "price changes next month, up by £1.00"
My wife does email some though but I think with the text it's to easy, like there's no reality/no thought about what their doing. Especially if you catch them at the wrong time, it's just an automatic fook you then I'm cancelling!

Spotfree

« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2019, 09:03:40 pm »
It's also an excuse for those wanting to jump ship anyway.

I feel like sticking a few quid on here and there now...

zesty

« Reply #8 on: September 23, 2019, 09:13:50 pm »

Mate, these sort of people are the most annoying.

It’s a flipping pound, and they cancel! Never mind it being a 10% rise, ITS A POUND!!!

As you can tell, I have no time for this type of customer 😁

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2019, 09:15:20 pm »
I’m thinking the same  ;D
Last one I did was end of January 17 , about 300 up by 1 or 2 quid , didn’t lose any but had 1 grumble !

I’m still cheaper than I should be but that is a rod I made for my own back over the last 15 years , by the time I put the next rise on I will be back on par I reckon
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

chris turner

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2019, 09:34:20 pm »
I put my prices up by £1 a while ago, didn't even tell the customers, Just added £1 on to every bill. So far know one has said a thing.
Honestly why do we even need to tell them about a price rise? It's not as if their signed up to a contract with us. Prices go up all the time, it's called inflation or something right? As far as I'm aware every single service I use ( that I'm not contracted to ) and every single product I buy put their prices up all the time without sending me a txt.
Just whack the prices up, if they query it then give them an explanation, if they don't then happy days.

zesty

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2019, 09:36:37 pm »
I put my prices up by £1 a while ago, didn't even tell the customers, Just added £1 on to every bill. So far know one has said a thing.
Honestly why do we even need to tell them about a price rise? It's not as if their signed up to a contract with us. Prices go up all the time, it's called inflation or something right? As far as I'm aware every single service I use ( that I'm not contracted to ) and every single product I buy put their prices up all the time without sending me a txt.
Just whack the prices up, if they query it then give them an explanation, if they don't then happy days.

I’m the same mate, I just add it to the bill. I’ve never told a customer in person before doing it.

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2019, 10:45:59 pm »

personally i think its the wrong time of year to be putting up prices....mine go up in april as the weathers changing for the better and customers are looking forward to the summer and lighter nights but obviously its up to you....
price higher/work harder!

chris turner

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2019, 11:13:44 pm »

absolutely bang out of order in my book,no way would i just put my customers prices up without telling them....... ::)roll

if you were my window cleaner id dump you without a doubt...id think you were a cheeky F**ker...... ;D

I don't cover council estates so your fine there daz  ;)

I'm well within my right to put my prices up without informing anyone. The same as the Customers have their right to move to another company if they so wish without any exit fees, final payments or giving me any good reason, because there is no contract.
If I did have customers such as yourself daz who decided to ditch me over a £1 rise, well goodriddance I say.

nathankaye

« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2019, 11:39:37 pm »

absolutely bang out of order in my book,no way would i just put my customers prices up without telling them....... ::)roll

if you were my window cleaner id dump you without a doubt...id think you were a cheeky F**ker...... ;D

I'm well within my right to put my prices up without informing anyone. The same as the Customers have their right to move to another company if they so wish without any exit fees, final payments or giving me any good reason, because there is no contract.
If I did have customers such as yourself daz who decided to ditch me over a £1 rise, well goodriddance I say.

Agree with you daz!
The customer is expecting you to clean their windows on a time frame agreed upon by YOU and a price agreed upon by YOU. 
For you to suddenly change that price without their agreement, is totally wrong in all moral sense. The excuse your saying doesnt fit the example.  You walk into a supermarket and the see the prices, you are well within your rights to turn around and go elsewhere.  Yet, YOU have that choice as you see the prices and are informed and the same is true on many services etc, where you can ask the price.  Here you have turned up, provided the service and then in essence depand a new price without any new agreement or choice being given.  Yet they can have the choice to turn you away without payment and im sure you would be disgruntled at that as well.

Unless this is a complete wind up for people like me n daz to take the baite.......doh
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

chris turner

« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2019, 11:41:36 pm »

of course its up to you....but your not doing much for "customer rapport" doing things like that.....its just not something i would do personally.....i just think people who do that are a bit of a c*nt! ;D

It's a £1 every year or so daz, nothing to cry about is it. My way of building rapport is by always doing a grand job, being honest, polite and trustworthy. Once you build that sort of respect with customers then most will happily take the price rise, even without being informed. 
Anyone with common sense expects prices to rise, its life. They can question it, I will inform why my prices have gone up, they can decide if they want to continue with me or go elsewhere.
Yet not one single customer has said a thing. Havnt lost any and havnt had to explain why I added £1.

chris turner

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2019, 12:02:26 am »

Agree with you daz!
The customer is expecting you to clean their windows on a time frame agreed upon by YOU and a price agreed upon by YOU. 
For you to suddenly change that price without their agreement, is totally wrong in all moral sense. The excuse your saying doesnt fit the example.  You walk into a supermarket and the see the prices, you are well within your rights to turn around and go elsewhere.  Yet, YOU have that choice as you see the prices and are informed and the same is true on many services etc, where you can ask the price.  Here you have turned up, provided the service and then in essence depand a new price without any new agreement or choice being given.  Yet they can have the choice to turn you away without payment and im sure you would be disgruntled at that as well.

Unless this is a complete wind up for people like me n daz to take the baite.......doh

If a customer sees the £1 added to their bill, emails me and says "not happy,  I will pay the old price then I'm finding a new window cleaner", then fine I wont argue with them.
Know one does though.
I think the key here is the £1. 1 being the smallest number, a number that people naturally look at as almost nothing, because it is almost nothing. So they think "oh he"s put his prices up by £1, suppose that's not to bad". They don't query it because its not worth querying, as long as you don't hike it up to often of course ). I find evry 14 months works very well, its longer then a year, at which point customers almost begin to expect it.

Let's be clear here though, if I was to put up prices considerably ( which I did 4 years ago )then I would inform beforehand.

Jonny 87

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2019, 07:14:00 am »
The ones that get me, at the ones that try to work out what percent of an increase it is.

I don’t put my prices up every year. Far from it in some cases. ( I need to be more ruthless).

But say an £9 house goes to £10, they have said .......”that’s more than 12% increase! That’s massive!”

Er......... no, it’s £1. Would they rather ever year I increased it by 20p or something. Madness.

Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2019, 08:09:59 am »
just my opinion but i think its sneaky and sly to put a customers price up without informing them....also putting prices up every year(or 14 months)is just TOO often.....even raising prices every 3 years i get customers thinking it was only last year since the last increase.....every year then they would think i was taking the pee.....

price higher/work harder!

zesty

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2019, 08:11:26 am »
I find the same Chris, whenever I’ve rasied prices by a pound, I’ve never had anyone question it, and i don’t let them know, I simply put the new price on the ticket.

I haven’t got all my customers contact details, so wouldn’t be able to text or email them all anyway.

I have a great relationship with my customers, if they’re in, than I say ‘just to let you know it’s going up a pound’ but if no one is in, it’s just written on the ticket.