This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: My market research...
« Reply #20 on: September 04, 2019, 08:10:52 am »
rich how do you get the heater to run on such low battery power?

diesel heaters need a good battery bank and charging facility normally so what have you done differently compared to the professionally fitted webasto heaters?
Done nothing at all Daz , these things are great on power use , even at full power they only pull between 2 and 2.5 amps .
Yesterday with start up and shut down and a 5 hour run on full power I only used 12 amps
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

nathankaye

« Reply #21 on: September 04, 2019, 08:17:49 am »
Looking forward to placing an order.  Immersions are good, but they require you to remember to turn on  ;D ;D  ive forgotten to do this on a handful of times
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2019, 08:23:53 am »
rich how do you get the heater to run on such low battery power?

diesel heaters need a good battery bank and charging facility normally so what have you done differently compared to the professionally fitted webasto heaters?
Done nothing at all Daz , these things are great on power use , even at full power they only pull between 2 and 2.5 amps .
Yesterday with start up and shut down and a 5 hour run on full power I only used 12 amps

so basically the chinese have managed to make a frugal diesel heater that runs on much less power than the power hungry webasto heaters?

price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #23 on: September 04, 2019, 08:25:06 am »
Clever ain’t they !

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: September 04, 2019, 08:29:13 am »
Clever ain’t they !

yep.....they were using iron ore 5000 years before anyone else on the planet too.......
price higher/work harder!

Dry Clean

« Reply #25 on: September 04, 2019, 08:29:25 am »
Looking forward to placing an order.  Immersions are good, but they require you to remember to turn on  ;D ;D  ive forgotten to do this on a handful of times

Nathan K with a diesel water heater, God help us.

Smudger

« Reply #26 on: September 04, 2019, 10:35:49 am »
Daz - you may find that your "professional" Webasto draws more power because its a conversion from another use

I have a hot box that only draws a few amps just to fire up the boiler then runs without any more draw on the battery  I would suspect the heater P&F is the same - rather than an overpowered system.

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: September 04, 2019, 11:51:01 am »
If you break the figures down my heater pulls 10 amps for 4 minutes to fire up , that equates to just over half an amp use .
Then when going it uses this per hour .......

100% power 2.5 amps
 80% power 1.7 amps
 60% power 1.3 amps

Jonny 87

« Reply #28 on: September 04, 2019, 01:17:20 pm »
All the best with this P@F.

It’s innovators like you that have moved window cleaning forward so much over the years.

Once your heater is tried and tested then I’d be more than happy to purchase one too.

A little side note, do you think this is something you should look at a patent for?

You can bet your money that other manufacturers out there will jump on this.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: September 04, 2019, 01:19:51 pm »
Just done a few more tests and the lowest setting is 30%  , this uses 0.5 amps an hour !
You could leave that on overnight no trouble

40% is 0.75 amp
50% is 1 amp.

This use it obviously related to the fan speed for the combustion side

P @ F

« Reply #30 on: September 04, 2019, 01:23:11 pm »
Not sure about the patent as I have already put it in the public eye ?

However the model in the fabricators is a totally new design , maybe I will look into this eh !

Jonny 87

« Reply #31 on: September 04, 2019, 01:40:51 pm »

However the model in the fabricators is a totally new design , maybe I will look into this eh !

I definitely think that would be wise.

You know how cut throat businesses can be these days.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Smudger

« Reply #32 on: September 04, 2019, 04:31:09 pm »
public eye or not you can patent it, my understanding is this may be quite costly if done correctly

you could then let grippa etc.. sell them under license  ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #33 on: September 04, 2019, 04:49:56 pm »
Are you planning on manufacturing them on mass? Or giving the build instructions to those that want it?

Not sure how I am going to work it yet as the build cost has gone up a bit due to the cost of the stainless steel fabrication  , that is not cheap as I just found out !

Won’t be anything like £4.5 k though.  ;D

Hope it goes well mate!

You could be a very rich man in the near future.

I’d defo be interested in purchasing one.

zesty

« Reply #34 on: September 04, 2019, 04:54:13 pm »
How much diesel are you expecting it has Rich? For say 6 hours use a day?

Shrek

« Reply #35 on: September 04, 2019, 04:55:13 pm »
public eye or not you can patent it, my understanding is this may be quite costly if done correctly

Darran

Yeah then grippa and the likes will put the price sky high like the diesel heaters  ::)roll

P @ F

« Reply #36 on: September 04, 2019, 04:56:04 pm »
I can only assume that the likes of  Grippa . PF and  Streamline  have not patented their products , they all make heaters using the same parts ?

Shrek

« Reply #37 on: September 04, 2019, 04:56:52 pm »

Get the patent or license or whatever you need and I don’t think you’ll be window cleaning anymore that’s for sure! Give out all your ideas and you’ll end like HMAN whinging for the next 10 years 😩

p1w1

« Reply #38 on: September 04, 2019, 05:36:25 pm »

Darran
What do you think can actually be patented ? I can't see anything that could be really,  it's off the shelf parts put together like current suppliers. It's very clever what P&F has done that's for sure but nothing unique.

P @ F

« Reply #39 on: September 04, 2019, 05:50:16 pm »
That’s what I was thinking earlier , the heater is another persons brainchild , just hacked a bit , and the heat exchanger is nothing new !

The average cost of a patent is 4K plus you are not guaranteed it at the end , only 1 in 20 patents are awarded !