This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

zesty

Softwashing galvanised metal cladding?
« on: September 02, 2019, 09:53:43 am »
Wondered if it galvanised metal cladding would rust with hypo mix?

Smudger

Re: Softwashing galvanised metal cladding?
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2019, 10:00:02 am »
should be ok - rinse down after hypo has done its work

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

zesty

« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2019, 10:03:24 am »
Thanks mate.

I really do not want to cause rusting.

Was tempted to softwash with a degreaser then agitate. But this is a massive area so softwashing would be much more efficient and effective.

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2019, 11:58:30 am »
Thanks mate.

I really do not want to cause rusting.

Was tempted to softwash with a degreaser then agitate. But this is a massive area so softwashing would be much more efficient and effective.

Generally Evan using hypo a light rub is still needed to loosen the dirt before rinsing other wise the dirt is still there  it’s just translucent  if you just rinse with a hose it usually is a bit stripey

zesty

« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2019, 03:11:29 pm »
I know what you mean splash, I’ve actually managed there expectations by saying the ‘tiger striping stains’ might not come off.

They were happy with that as long as the dust/dirt/bird poo is off.

My plan is to softwash it using a very low strength solution of around 1-2% max then rinse and agitate where needed.

The cladding runs with ‘parallel indents’ if that makes sense, so scrubbing with water fed poles would be a mare as we’d have to work sideways and it’s a big big area.

Will let you all know how it goes. We start this weekend but the first job is cleaning the solar farm on the roof of the building. Fun! 😩.

zesty

« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2019, 07:23:52 am »
Job done lads.

Hard graft on the solar panels, was 1000 to clean!!! Team of 3 of us on the go.

Cladding came up well with a 2% solution. Though did have to agitate the bird poos, I think metal cladding seems to hold the bird poo stains more than other materials.

We worked 7:30am till 4pm on sat, doing all the solar panels on the roof, access was via a genie boom lift onto the roof.

Did a bit of softwashing late afternoon, then back Sunday morning to finish the cladding and windows.

If we didn’t have the option of softwash, it would have taken Atleast twice as long. Softwashing is one heck of a simple yet brilliant system.

zesty

« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 07:29:55 am »

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 04:53:57 pm »
good job,

I like the ones you can really get your teeth into

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 07:14:44 pm »
Good job done there well done , we stoped doing solar panels like this one thank goodness , I hated doing them , the building clean on the other hand , we do quite a few and love them 😂😂

zesty

« Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 09:42:01 pm »
To be honest that’s the biggest set of solar panels I’ve ever quoted and done.

Horrible job.

They don’t even come up that well because they are on such a shallow angle. You can’t rinse them effectively.

Owner was happy though.

What would you boys have charged for the solar panels?