This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Stoots

Extremely fragile
« on: August 21, 2019, 07:50:26 pm »
Snapped my extreme 25 only 5 months old.

Top section snapped in half  :D

Doubt I would buy another it's quite worn on all sections already.

zesty

Re: Extremely fragile
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2019, 08:07:02 pm »
How did you snap it mate?

I’ve never snapped an xtreme pole, been using them for 4 years now and no problems.

Defo prefer the series 2 though, way less wear with the metal bands, and never a need to adjust the clamps as the metal bands never wear down!

Wish Alex would bring them back to be honest.

Never get grit issues with the series 2 either, due to the gap created by the metal bands.

Stoots

« Reply #2 on: August 21, 2019, 08:15:17 pm »
I tell a lie it's 8 month old

Cleaning a conny roof from the ground, was putting a bit of pressure on it like but didn't expect that.

No big deal, I know they are fragile but thought would last a bit longer than it has tbh.

Will stick with slx in future they can take a beating

zesty

« Reply #3 on: August 21, 2019, 08:17:26 pm »
Fair play mate, these things happen.

Might be worth replacing that section anyway?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 21, 2019, 08:33:38 pm »
Give me a SLX over a Xtreme any day ;)

Xtremes are for the fairys :-*

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 09:03:56 pm »

A resemblance

It wasn't the gold diggers who made the most money during the Gold Rush in the 1800s

It was the manufacturers of tools... make them good but a shelf life is essential to keep diggers coming back time and time again. :D

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 10:21:17 pm »

told you!.....and you dont use yours every day either! ;D....really nice poles apart from the wear factor.........
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 10:23:12 pm »
How did you snap it mate?

I’ve never snapped an xtreme pole, been using them for 4 years now and no problems.

Defo prefer the series 2 though, way less wear with the metal bands, and never a need to adjust the clamps as the metal bands never wear down!

Wish Alex would bring them back to be honest.

Never get grit issues with the series 2 either, due to the gap created by the metal bands.

i snapped 2 sections on the xtreme pole with the metal bands(just above the bands)

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 10:29:23 pm »

just replace the top section with an old SLX section...im sure youll have one lying around somewhere....

i have 2 cobbled together 25 ft poles made up of SLX/xtreme sections....

its always the top sections (1,2,3 )that wear down quickly on the xtremes(paper thin in places)then they splinter or snap.....sections 4 and 5 last for years! ;D

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 10:31:33 pm »
Give me a SLX over a Xtreme any day ;)

Xtremes are for the fairys :-*

im inclined to agree with you these days mate,although you cant beat an xtreme pole for high level(over 30ft).i wouldnt use anything else at that height.....

Jonny 87

« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2019, 04:40:29 am »
My extreme 22 is 2 and half years old.

It gets used all day every day. I’ve never got less than 2 years out of an extreme before having to replace a section. I honestly don’t know what you guys are doing with your poles.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

zesty

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2019, 07:59:10 am »

It gets used all day every day. I’ve never got less than 2 years out of an extreme before having to replace a section. I honestly don’t know what you guys are doing with your poles.

Same as me jonny, I don’t get it. I use mine everyday, I even shut windows with it.

Maybe it’s different techniques.

I tend to kind of ‘know’ when I’m pushing it a bit too far, but perhaps it’s just different styles of cleaning...

I can’t use an slx now, just feels so heavy and bendy. But they are deffo a better option for people who have broken xtreme poles, cos you ain’t gonna break an slx!

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2019, 08:39:57 am »

18 months is the longest (a day to day) extreme pole has lasted me but that was years ago.....i must be heavy handed.... ;D

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2019, 08:42:02 am »

Same as me jonny, I don’t get it. I use mine everyday, I even shut windows with it.

I tend to kind of ‘know’ when I’m pushing it a bit too far, but perhaps it’s just different styles of cleaning...

I can’t use an slx now, just feels so heavy and bendy. But they are deffo a better option for people who have broken xtreme poles, cos you ain’t gonna break an slx!

ive never snapped an SLX section your right! ;D.....

zesty

« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2019, 08:50:41 am »

ive never snapped an SLX section your right! ;D.....

Yeah mate, the slx was designed for clumsy folk like you in mind 😜