This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Dave Willis

So.... the new Xtreme brush?
« on: August 20, 2019, 04:54:24 pm »
Who’s got them?
Any good?

Spotfree

Re: So.... the new Xtreme brush?
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 05:30:54 pm »
I just had some delivered.

They do seem very good, although I have only cleaned my house with it so far. It has a great feel to it on the glass and it feels like its cleaning well.

There are 3 layers of bristle, the outer ones, the inner ones and a third shorter row withing the inner bristles.

I really like it.

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 06:37:25 pm »
no new xtreme brushes on the gardiners website that i can see......are these the new xtreme sill brushes you re on about?
price higher/work harder!

robbo333

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 06:58:47 pm »
Thanks Spot Free, i'll order one up.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Dave Willis

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 07:10:40 pm »
no new xtreme brushes on the gardiners website that i can see......are these the new xtreme sill brushes you re on about?

The one with tapered bristles thingamy bobs.

Spotfree

« Reply #5 on: August 20, 2019, 08:10:48 pm »

Take a look at "what's new"

There's also a full DuPont brush that I've been trialing and it's a great brush too, take a look at the reviews.

Plankton

« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2019, 08:15:38 pm »
Shhhhhhhhh nobody tell dazmond :)

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2019, 07:08:17 am »
There’s also a new extreme brush that hasn’t been mentioned yet that I’m trialing.

It’s very very good.

It’s an extreme sill version.

Alex and the team are doing a great at the moment innovating new brushes.
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

Spotfree

« Reply #8 on: August 21, 2019, 08:01:37 am »
There’s also a new extreme brush that hasn’t been mentioned yet that I’m trialing.

It’s very very good.

I have seen them and they look smashing, a flocked too I hear talk of.

Gardiners are leading the way for new and improved stuff, couldn't be without them.

Lets face it, the WFP brush can leave a lot to be desired sometimes, I can have the smallest of bits on the glass that I'll go over a few times with the brush and it won't budge. Then simply put your fingernail by it and it'll fall off.
I have a wagtail high flyer and the pad on that (blue microfibre) is awesome at removing stuff, them tiny little brid mucks that are about 1/2" long are stubborn as hell and the wagtail pad eats through them. Any brush I try on them won't move them, you have to super scrape them every time.

It would be nice to have a different type of bristle that can match the scrubbing power of a microfibre, never had any trouble when trad'ing with removing stuff. The bristle type we've all been using is limited.

I like the reach it idea with the window weapon, you can use all manor of stuff like bronze wool or microfibre  within the brush. But like most of reach it stuff its far fetched, overpriced and overkill.

Den68

« Reply #9 on: August 21, 2019, 08:07:03 am »

It’s very very good.

I have been trailing this brush for a couple of months or so its a great brush 👍

dazmond

« Reply #10 on: August 21, 2019, 08:20:44 am »

It’s very very good.

I have seen them and they look smashing, a flocked too I hear talk of.

Gardiners are leading the way for new and improved stuff, couldn't be without them.

Lets face it, the WFP brush can leave a lot to be desired sometimes, I can have the smallest of bits on the glass that I'll go over a few times with the brush and it won't budge. Then simply put your fingernail by it and it'll fall off.
I have a wagtail high flyer and the pad on that (blue microfibre) is awesome at removing stuff, them tiny little brid mucks that are about 1/2" long are stubborn as hell and the wagtail pad eats through them. Any brush I try on them won't move them, you have to super scrape them every time.

It would be nice to have a different type of bristle that can match the scrubbing power of a microfibre, never had any trouble when trad'ing with removing stuff. The bristle type we've all been using is limited.

I like the reach it idea with the window weapon, you can use all manor of stuff like bronze wool or microfibre  within the brush. But like most of reach it stuff its far fetched, overpriced and overkill.

your using a cold water system though arent you mate?hot water removes stubborn marks off the glass easier than cold water for sure.....

im currently using gardiners new stiff ultimate brush(all red bristles)and im liking it more than the old version,this one has even stiffer bristles and seems to be holding its shape better and scrubs fine....

the best brush for scrubbing ive ever used was the gardiners xtreme hybrid with natural bristles,i thought id found the perfect brush!unfortunately it was binned within 3 weeks due to matted bristles,also they used to fall out a lot than other brushes....
price higher/work harder!

s.w.c

« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2019, 09:17:44 am »
I had delivery of two brushes the other day there still on work bench while I can measure weight etc one a complete different prototype the other is new version from original DuPont prototype I got and it's looks nice the production version, I've planted the seed that might appear as what I thought of when I spoke to Alex we had similar thoughts even if I have to get on my hand and knees to beg for these two prototype to be made can't they Alex 5 of each to run off then me and you can have one of each the you can send others out to trusted testers. Alex knows I've searched for perfect brush and helped him for many years. because to me out of all the kit we have the brush is the most important bit.

Dry Clean

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2019, 10:12:15 am »
From all the brushes Iv ever tried the ultimate has to be the worst, a short straight bristled brush touching the glass at an angle, its not hard to work out how many of those bristles will be doing nothing.

Dave Willis

« Reply #13 on: August 23, 2019, 12:39:20 pm »
I like the Ultimate. Really dislike the Supreme range and don’t use Superlights these days..
Always liked the stiff Extreme probably because it never seemed to go out of shape.

Dave Willis

« Reply #14 on: August 23, 2019, 01:25:11 pm »
I had delivery of two brushes the other day there still on work bench while I can measure weight etc one a complete different prototype the other is new version from original DuPont prototype I got and it's looks nice the production version, I've planted the seed that might appear as what I thought of when I spoke to Alex we had similar thoughts even if I have to get on my hand and knees to beg for these two prototype to be made can't they Alex 5 of each to run off then me and you can have one of each the you can send others out to trusted testers. Alex knows I've searched for perfect brush and helped him for many years. because to me out of all the kit we have the brush is the most important bit.

Haven’t a clue what your talking about ...........
Are you Stig of Cornwall?