Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

RPCCS

Make up
« on: August 20, 2019, 10:01:56 am »
Due to clean a man mafe bedroom carpet tomorrow , the customer thinks the stains ate make up, what will remove it? I have Stain exit, f90,citrus gel restore it enzyme and another powdered carpet cleaner. Will any of the above work?
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

Re: Make up
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2019, 02:38:33 pm »
‘Make up’ is a broad term!  Most things woman stick on their faces is water soluble so will usually will just rinse out

False tan, nail varnish, massage oils, &  hair dyes  are a different matter you will need to identify it but I usually just clean as normal then think about what stain remover to use on what’s not come out
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

john martin

« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2019, 03:10:42 pm »
Orangey coloured foundation.... White spirit , anything black ...white spirit ...lipstick , either white spirit of acetone ...nail varnish ..acetone .
Fake tan or hair dye ...needs bleaching and re- dying

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2019, 09:30:17 pm »
Thanks John and Mike, I will try Mike’s method first and see what happens. If it doesn’t come out, I will tell the customer they could try white spirit, then it’s up to them if they want to go ahead. .
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #4 on: August 20, 2019, 10:34:28 pm »
no , dont get the customer to use white spirit  :D, they will just spread the blob wider . It needs to be rinced out after .  Yes , mikes method first ...as in see what washes out ..or dissolves with prespray .  Even your citrus gel ...will 'work '   ...but see the difference when you hit it with white spirit/acetone   ...its just much quicker , like its instant to dissolve and then rince with your handtool .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: August 21, 2019, 06:57:44 am »
The only slight problem doing it my way is some spotters work better on a dry carpet, volatile solvents work better when they don’t have work on top of wetness, and if you rinse with a detergent then the carpet will be wet with a solution of Ph11-12 which could interfere with acid spotter.

This is where a bit of experience comes in handy, I have a sixth sense when it comes to stains, I usually can tell which stain will come out in the wash and which need pretreatment. This knowledge is handy when you do quotes as I often get asked.... "will the stains come out"

some people only want the carpet cleaned because of the stains, if they won’t come out they don’t want it cleaned so knowing in advance what will come out will be is quite handy
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

RPCCS

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2019, 09:03:43 am »
The only slight problem doing it my way is some spotters work better on a dry carpet, volatile solvents work better when they don’t have work on top of wetness, and if you rinse with a detergent then the carpet will be wet with a solution of Ph11-12 which could interfere with acid spotter.

This is where a bit of experience comes in handy, I have a sixth sense when it comes to stains, I usually can tell which stain will come out in the wash and which need pretreatment. This knowledge is handy when you do quotes as I often get asked.... "will the stains come out"

some people only want the carpet cleaned because of the stains, if they won’t come out they don’t want it cleaned so knowing in advance what will come out will be is quite handy
which is something I can only get through time and gaining the knowledge myself.
Cheers Rich

RPCCS

« Reply #7 on: August 28, 2019, 02:56:31 pm »
Well I did the job yestetday, some stains csme out with f90 pre spray once agitated.
After a rinse and extract I found a couple of black spots and a couple of orange patches hadnt come out.
Tried stain exit first, no good, rinsed out then tried liquagel, this faded the orange stain but didnt remove it totally, rinsed again and. tried ink exit, no good, another rinse and. tried white spirit and it did nothing on any of the remaining stains, so did one final rinse and left at that. I did explain to the customer when I did the survey, that some marks may not come out totally and wrote on the survry form that this had been mentioned.  After completion, I showed it to her husband, who I know personally and he said it lookrd a million times better and he hadn't expected all the marks to come out.
Prior to cleaning the marks were totally obvious and hit you in the face as soon as you walked in the room, afterwards if you scrutinised the carpet you would see the remnants of stains, so a good result really.
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #8 on: August 28, 2019, 07:08:20 pm »
in time you will learn to instantly recoginse a stain which has dyed the carpet in a permanent way ...as distinct from the likes of general makeup just sitting on top of the fibers .. so you can advise the customer before of the likely chance of removal .
If its a bedroom or dressing room you probably came accross hair dye (black ) and fake tan ( orange )   nothing easy removes those but they can be bleached or disguised sometimes ... but its a bit of a learning curve .

RPCCS

« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2019, 08:55:46 pm »
in time you will learn to instantly recoginse a stain which has dyed the carpet in a permanent way ...as distinct from the likes of general makeup just sitting on top of the fibers .. so you can advise the customer before of the likely chance of removal .
If its a bedroom or dressing room you probably came accross hair dye (black ) and fake tan ( orange )   nothing easy removes those but they can be bleached or disguised sometimes ... but its a bit of a learning curve .
John, I was trained by both John Kelly of Restormate, and Derek Bolton from Cleans,mart,and they said after trying  to remove with a spot/stain remover and it doesn’t shift, leave it, don’t try to be a (ero as it can make the stain worse. I have abided by that, I’m not getting into the bleach, re dye malarkey.
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #10 on: September 01, 2019, 01:05:18 pm »

Robin Ray

« Reply #11 on: September 02, 2019, 07:10:35 am »
are those guys getting paid to teach   ?    :D

nothing to it  ..  :v
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlFfYTqwru8
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeuZvZPAd6g
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=glJ1917AY3g

Derek Bolton teaches controlled bleaching techniques on his course using sodmet and heat.

john martin

« Reply #12 on: September 02, 2019, 01:31:33 pm »
Yeah ,I was kinda joking ,I know the guys would have the knowledge ...I guess it's a quick course when someone buys a machine ...send them on the way to get started with the basics .