This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Getting the 2nd van
« Reply #40 on: August 19, 2019, 02:53:56 pm »
when i reached a comfortable level of  income(for my needs) theres no incentive for me to work harder or longer to earn more money as it simply wouldnt be good for my health and work/life balance IMO....

so im happy with a slight modest raise in income year on year (to cover inflation) these days.....
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #41 on: August 19, 2019, 03:08:45 pm »
FFS ciu this is taking it too far, £500 per day for one man on the windows?
I smell sh!t
Because you can’t do it don’t mean others can’t.
True, but on CIU everybody can which is strange because the majority of them aren't VAT reg even though they would have passed the threshold at week 35. lol
Very true, but when I decide to do a £500 day it’s usually to free up some time at the end of the week, for instance I done £500 last Monday, I then completed my weeks work by earlyThursday afternoon.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #42 on: August 19, 2019, 03:14:11 pm »
I think pushing way forward is not only motivated by financial gain.. it can't be because of higher expenses and countless reinvestment...there will be a sweet spot and I think generally if you find it that should be enough..

There has to be a line drawn at some point.
Even Alexander the Great had to be forced to not cross the river beas considered the end of the world everything went backwards afterwards!
So find your sweet spot wherever it could be
Life is short we need to be sensible and learn to balance it all out   :)

Ironically I'm typing this out while working but still lol!

dazmond

« Reply #43 on: August 19, 2019, 05:18:54 pm »
I think pushing way forward is not only motivated by financial gain.. it can't be because of higher expenses and countless reinvestment...there will be a sweet spot and I think generally if you find it that should be enough..

There has to be a line drawn at some point.
Even Alexander the Great had to be forced to not cross the river beas considered the end of the world everything went backwards afterwards!
So find your sweet spot wherever it could be
Life is short we need to be sensible and learn to balance it all out   :)

Ironically I'm typing this out while working but still lol!

to some people the deadly sin thats most prominent in their life is greed(disguised as ambition)........some people are never happy with their lot......ambition and whats perceived as "success" is often like drinking salt water....it just makes them thirstier(by the way im not pointing fingers at anyone on here).its just my take on things..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #44 on: August 19, 2019, 08:22:19 pm »
I went to a funeral of a 51 year old last Monday.

Her older brother gave some of the service and he quoted her (she arranged the service as she knew it was coming down the pike) as saying "Tell anyone that bothers to turn up on the day I said the last thing you will say when you know your time is up is that you wish you did more work."

It's a game of three halves!