This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

S.A.J

Re: Getting the 2nd van
« Reply #20 on: August 16, 2019, 06:36:41 am »
Why not start off employing him part time? 2 days a week? You’ll save some money doing it that way and as you build you can offer more hours.

If it don’t work out it will be easier getting rid of a part time guy and coping with the work.

Always a big step employing and good luck 😎

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2019, 10:27:38 am »
how much time does that take out of your day returning to base, filling up then back to your area your working in ?

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Plankton

« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2019, 11:14:13 am »
FFS ciu this is taking it too far, £500 per day for one man on the windows?
I smell sh!t

dazmond

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2019, 11:33:33 am »
I smell sh!t

with a 350L tank too! ;D.....haha......
price higher/work harder!

KS Cleaning

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2019, 02:21:45 pm »
I smell sh!t
Because you can’t do it don’t mean others can’t.

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2019, 02:24:22 pm »
I smell sh!t

Can you ?
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

KS Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: August 16, 2019, 02:29:04 pm »
I smell sh!t

with a 350L tank too! ;D.....haha......
Daz you have talked openly of making £80 an hour on some work, £200 + for 3 hours work, etc,etc, etc, etc, etc, etc......so I don’t know why you’re mocking a guy doing £500 of work and re-filling in 7-8 hours.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: August 16, 2019, 02:30:21 pm »
I smell sh!t

Can you ?
On two of my routes yes.

Plankton

« Reply #28 on: August 16, 2019, 03:53:23 pm »
Thinking of starting up in Jan 2018 and now doing 500 a day.... Well done!
How much work did you buy?

Stoots

« Reply #29 on: August 19, 2019, 08:26:18 am »
I don't think £500 a day is beyond the realms of possibility.

I mean £20 average house at 25 houses a day must be do able in some parts of the country ?

I can clean 25 a day in 6 hours some days, so if you were dedicated and worked 8 hours and had good prices then why not.

The hardest part would be forcing yourself to do a 40 hour week.

Dry Clean

« Reply #30 on: August 19, 2019, 08:57:42 am »
I smell sh!t
True, but on CIU everybody can which is strange because the majority of them aren't VAT reg even though they would have passed the threshold at week 35. lol

Dry Clean

« Reply #31 on: August 19, 2019, 08:59:34 am »
I don't think £500 a day is beyond the realms of possibility.

I mean £20 average house at 25 houses a day must be do able in some parts of the country ?

I can clean 25 a day in 6 hours some days, so if you were dedicated and worked 8 hours and had good prices then why not.

The hardest part would be forcing yourself to do a 40 hour week.

The hardest part would be getting an employee to do the same for £10 an hour and be stupid enough not to realise he could get better money working one day a week for himself.

Plankton

« Reply #32 on: August 19, 2019, 09:05:43 am »
Good point from Crystal Clear about running the van at weekends. I used to all the gutters at the weekend and the very odd day on (domestic) windows on a Saturday but I wouldn't do windows on a Sunday too many would be like wtf!
It's a lot more convenient with a second van though.

Crystal-clear

« Reply #33 on: August 19, 2019, 09:29:10 am »
Good point from Crystal Clear about running the van at weekends. I used to all the gutters at the weekend and the very odd day on (domestic) windows on a Saturday but I wouldn't do windows on a Sunday too many would be like wtf!
It's a lot more convenient with a second van though.
Absolutely it's all about profit end of the day.!
An extra van is technically an overhead unless both the vans are being used.
Just think 2 vans running 7 days a week  is pretty much 3 vans for the price of 2

Dry Clean

« Reply #34 on: August 19, 2019, 10:46:39 am »
Where abouts in the country are you ?

1k a week if working Monday to Friday 9-5 is only 200 a day

Or £25 - £30 an hour ish ?

That's not enough to employ and really make it profitable. I think you need at least £250 a day to make it worthwhile.

I would sack the employing idea off for now and work on making the round more profitable per hour.

For an 8 hour day I would think unless you are in a really poor area you should be able to do 300 a day.
Dont get me wrong I'm not hitting 250 a day doing 9to5 some days I'm doing 9 to 5 hitting 500 I'm just saying averages this month I'm on target for 6k this month but my average is approximately 4.5k a month.

Being able to do £500 a day means nothing unless you can do it everyday and do it with ease, its your average that counts.

Splash & dash

« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2019, 11:36:42 am »

That's not enough to employ and really make it profitable. I think you need at least £250 a day to make it worthwhile.

I would sack the employing idea off for now and work on making the round more profitable per hour.

For an 8 hour day I would think unless you are in a really poor area you should be able to do 300 a day.
Dont get me wrong I'm not hitting 250 a day doing 9to5 some days I'm doing 9 to 5 hitting 500 I'm just saying averages this month I'm on target for 6k this month but my average is approximately 4.5k a month.

Being able to do £500 a day means nothing unless you can do it everyday and do it with ease, its your average that counts.

Depends how much work people want to do £500 per day may be enough for some for the week , you don’t have to earn that every day , some earn double that per day on commercial work , , and view it as a bonus but couldn’t do it every day , earnings are a very personal thing we all have different needs and  if we earn what we need per month it doesn’t matter what you earn per day provided you end up with a total to cover everything

Stoots

« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2019, 11:47:56 am »

Depends how much work people want to do £500 per day may be enough for some for the week , you don’t have to earn that every day , some earn double that per day on commercial work , , and view it as a bonus but couldn’t do it every day , earnings are a very personal thing we all have different needs and  if we earn what we need per month it doesn’t matter what you earn per day provided you end up with a total to cover everything

That's the problem with money, it never ends and enough is never enough

If I could do 500 a day I could work 2 days a week and have more than enough money to lead a happy life.

But I wouldn't because I'd say well if just worked 3 or 4 or 5 days a week I'd have more, or if I just employed 1 guy or 10 or 20...where does it end.

It's hard to just be happy with your lot whatever your level.

Look at Lee Pryor, he posted for ages about stopping at 10 vans now he's on about 20 lol he can't stop. None of us can.

Simon Trapani

« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2019, 12:03:23 pm »
Yeh but Lee's done it/doing it. Most of the rest of us on here just sit around talking about it. He's walking the walk.

Splash & dash

« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2019, 12:05:52 pm »

If I could do 500 a day I could work 2 days a week and have more than enough money to lead a happy life.

But I wouldn't because I'd say well if just worked 3 or 4 or 5 days a week I'd have more, or if I just employed 1 guy or 10 or 20...where does it end.

Look at Lee Pryor, he posted for ages about stopping at 10 vans now he's on about 20 lol he can't stop. None of us can.

It depends what your priorities are in life I could easily expand with the business , I have  very little competition and am currently turning a lot of work away I want to be doing less work not getting more 3 vans  is enough in fact I want to cut back and over the next couple of years will be getting rid of a lot of work , ime not interested in building an empire like lee is doing

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: August 19, 2019, 12:44:03 pm »

Seriously Adam.....I'm happy with my lot.....no need to be greedy......which means for me around £30-£32k a year profit AFTER all expenses,insurances and tax have been deducted.....
price higher/work harder!