This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Re: Great start to the day!
« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2019, 12:36:08 am »
I thought about a breaker yard but normally what you need is 100’s of miles away and what turns up is usually worse than what you took off !
Not to mention the fact that Fiat 249 paint code has 9 different shades  ;D
I really am doing it the most stress free way possible cos I sure as shat ain’t working my backpack out of my Golf boot  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 08:19:48 am »
The way I’m working it , I get a genuine Fiat wing not my old one full of filler and blended in to the original paint .
I will have no down time other than having to fit the wing once painted , 1 hour or so on a weekend which I am claiming £35 for anyway .
My custie pays £275 instead of £500 plus inflated insurance next year.
Everyone comes out the best they can !

you can always paint it pink too....to stand out from the other window cleaners in your area! :D
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 08:27:55 am »
Self paint is no longer an option Daz , everything has gone water based with lacquer top coat now  , the conditions need to be perfect ie spray booth which I don’t have !
No more crazy colours I’m afraid !

Spruce

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 09:01:05 am »
I thought about a breaker yard but normally what you need is 100’s of miles away and what turns up is usually worse than what you took off !
Not to mention the fact that Fiat 249 paint code has 9 different shades  ;D
I really am doing it the most stress free way possible cos I sure as shat ain’t working my backpack out of my Golf boot  ;D

And I though it was bad having 4 shades of blue on my Citroen Relay on that paint code. But 9 takes the biscuit. Typical Fiat. (For those who don't know, the Ducato, Relay and Boxer vans are all built by Fiat in Italy with PSA engines.)

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2019, 09:32:13 am »
There is a blue white a grey white a cream white , the list goes on and on

Simon Trapani

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2019, 09:44:54 am »
Not being smug but after reading this thread I’m glad I’m insured with Alexander Swan & pay the extra for the reach & wash vehicle to be on my drive within a day or so. No down time. No corner cutting. Just peace of mind.

I genuinely hope you get it sorted as painlessly as possible though p&f.

How much extra does that cost a year ?

Whenever I've had a van off the road before I've either managed using barrels out of the car or paid about £150 a week for a hire van...
The Reach & Wash vehicle from Alexander Swan? £75 off the top of my head.

TomCrowther

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 09:52:59 am »
I was parked up at the Doctors a few weeks ago and the dozy Practice Manager drove into my van, cracked a light cluster and said "it's ok, no damage" I pointed out the damage and she said "I will have to take your word that it wasn't like that before" Nearly slapped her silly face.

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2019, 12:06:38 pm »
The custie just rang and asked how much , I told him it was 275 , it’s already in my bank bless him !
Better get the wing ordered now then .

Splash & dash

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 12:22:30 pm »
Not being smug but after reading this thread I’m glad I’m insured with Alexander Swan & pay the extra for the reach & wash vehicle to be on my drive within a day or so. No down time. No corner cutting. Just peace of mind.

I genuinely hope you get it sorted as painlessly as possible though p&f.

How much extra does that cost a year ?

Whenever I've had a van off the road before I've either managed using barrels out of the car or paid about £150 a week for a hire van...

I have it as well costs about £75 for the year , I have had 3 people drive into me over the last 10 years and Alexander swan were brilliant I live 200 miles away from them but they had the replacement   van with ionics Thermopure  system on my drive by 10 am the next day , cost me  nothing apart from the £75 annual premium

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 05:02:43 pm »
That sounds like a good deal to me !
An empty hire van is as much use as a chocolate teapot really , more hassle than it’s worth for me anyway !