Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

P @ F

Great start to the day!
« on: August 14, 2019, 11:50:33 am »
First house , custies of said house reverse  back up the road to pay me and drive straight into my van !
Had a bit of a play with it  and not so bad now , will be dropping quotes in later  :'(

I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Smudger

Re: Great start to the day!
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2019, 12:04:59 pm »
OH dear !

spray a bit of hot water on it - I'm sure that will pull the dent out instantly  ;D ;D ;D

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2019, 12:17:04 pm »
It’s a good job I don’t have one of Naths immersions, I might end up melting the wing  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2019, 12:21:48 pm »
Hard luck that rich....👎still at least you know where they live....(no hit and run!)....

A few years ago I reversed into a customers car(mini)and there was a loud bang!I thought I must have caused  some damage to it but NO!NOT A SINGLE SCRATCH!(but my bumper was hanging off!)easy fix though.....I think I was very lucky....
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #4 on: August 14, 2019, 12:34:56 pm »
I was lucky really as bumper not damaged , that is £300 +vat alone .
So far been quoted  £389 all in , but that means 2 days off the road .
I have opted to get a genuine wing and have that painted and fit it myself meaning no down time , this route is £240 and an hour at the weekend to fit .

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: August 14, 2019, 12:44:45 pm »
I was lucky really as bumper not damaged , that is £300 +vat alone .
So far been quoted  £389 all in , but that means 2 days off the road .
I have opted to get a genuine wing and have that painted and fit it myself meaning no down time , this route is £240 and an hour at the weekend to fit .

I commend you on your ability - but f@@k that, make 'em pay for the garage to do it  ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

P @ F

« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2019, 12:57:12 pm »
See I could go further and paint myself as have all  the compressor and guns to do it  , this would cost £150 and my time , I will still be hitting him for £275 so that’s my time paid for ,  but I can’t be arsed to paint it really !
So £240 parts and garage labour and £35 for me to fit it .
All I want to do is avoid 2 days off the road  and all my custie wants to avoid is paying the £500 excess on his cabbie insurance

Scrimble

« Reply #7 on: August 14, 2019, 02:22:45 pm »
why would you waste your time dropping off quotes?
you should be straight onto your insurance to get a hire van and get it dropped off at a body shop for repairs!

« Reply #8 on: August 14, 2019, 04:25:09 pm »
you should be straight onto your insurance to get a hire van and get it dropped off at a body shop for repairs!
Because he's kind and understanding that accidents happen and its one of his customers after all who's trying to avoid going through their insurance and £500 excess. In the scheme of things its a minor ding, hit the customers insurance up for £1k + and he may as well say bye bye customer. Even a hire van is a ballache when you consider down time of arranging, being delivered and swapping equipment in to it for just a few days.  Its admirable what he's doing but wonder if the customer would have been so accomodating had it been the other way around  ?

P @ F

« Reply #9 on: August 14, 2019, 05:53:10 pm »
Simply because the last time my VW got hit it was a nightmare, a vivaro was sent missing the promised roof rack and the back had been plylined right over the load eyes, not much use , it ended up taking me a full day to get a cobbled together small system in it .
I had to work part days and then take another day once my van was finished to prepare the vivaro for return .
You can keep your hire van as I see it , unwanted grief tbh

P @ F

« Reply #10 on: August 14, 2019, 06:06:35 pm »
The way I’m working it , I get a genuine Fiat wing not my old one full of filler and blended in to the original paint .
I will have no down time other than having to fit the wing once painted , 1 hour or so on a weekend which I am claiming £35 for anyway .
My custie pays £275 instead of £500 plus inflated insurance next year.
Everyone comes out the best they can !

Stoots

« Reply #11 on: August 14, 2019, 06:15:54 pm »
Lad who worked for me did this to mine, and thats after i pulled most of it out

P @ F

« Reply #12 on: August 14, 2019, 06:26:01 pm »
Ouch that hurt I bet !

P @ F

« Reply #13 on: August 14, 2019, 06:30:34 pm »
Funny thing with mine is 2 months after buying it I had the front bumper written off and now 2 months before payments finish this happens.  ;D

Plankton

« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2019, 06:54:13 pm »
Last November at the most inconvenient time a woman reversed into the van, eight fookin days it was in the garage and over 200 calls from all the injury claims and their still coming in. Van with no roof rack was supplied and I've still not had a penny for loss of earnings...

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: August 14, 2019, 07:02:20 pm »
Ouch that hurt I bet !

Ive not even had it fixed yet, waiting till i go away in a few weeks, cant be doing without the van at the minute

ive not even had the stomach to get a quote yet lol

Simon Trapani

« Reply #16 on: August 14, 2019, 07:22:25 pm »
Not being smug but after reading this thread I’m glad I’m insured with Alexander Swan & pay the extra for the reach & wash vehicle to be on my drive within a day or so. No down time. No corner cutting. Just peace of mind.

I genuinely hope you get it sorted as painlessly as possible though p&f. 

simon w

« Reply #17 on: August 14, 2019, 08:31:23 pm »
Not being smug but after reading this thread I’m glad I’m insured with Alexander Swan & pay the extra for the reach & wash vehicle to be on my drive within a day or so. No down time. No corner cutting. Just peace of mind.

What he said  8)

mufcglen

« Reply #18 on: August 14, 2019, 09:50:07 pm »
You need to be careful making any claims even if its not your fault, last year I was in my wife’s Audi at Cheshire oaks and some nob opened his door on mine not just denting it but chipped the paint, offered to do cash and sort our own repairs but after quotes of £4-500 just for a door they wanted to go through insurance, anyhow I did it all and they admitted liability well this year my insurance had gone up nearly £200 shopping around and all because I made a no fault claim!
Makes you wonder if its worth having insurance half the time😂
Mate why don’t you get a wing from a breakers that should be similar if not the same in colour, save you painting it too so just a simple bolt off bolt on job😉

Stoots

« Reply #19 on: August 14, 2019, 10:29:22 pm »

How much extra does that cost a year ?

Whenever I've had a van off the road before I've either managed using barrels out of the car or paid about £150 a week for a hire van...

P @ F

« Reply #20 on: August 15, 2019, 12:36:08 am »
I thought about a breaker yard but normally what you need is 100’s of miles away and what turns up is usually worse than what you took off !
Not to mention the fact that Fiat 249 paint code has 9 different shades  ;D
I really am doing it the most stress free way possible cos I sure as shat ain’t working my backpack out of my Golf boot  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2019, 08:19:48 am »
The way I’m working it , I get a genuine Fiat wing not my old one full of filler and blended in to the original paint .
I will have no down time other than having to fit the wing once painted , 1 hour or so on a weekend which I am claiming £35 for anyway .
My custie pays £275 instead of £500 plus inflated insurance next year.
Everyone comes out the best they can !

you can always paint it pink too....to stand out from the other window cleaners in your area! :D
price higher/work harder!

P @ F

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2019, 08:27:55 am »
Self paint is no longer an option Daz , everything has gone water based with lacquer top coat now  , the conditions need to be perfect ie spray booth which I don’t have !
No more crazy colours I’m afraid !

Spruce

« Reply #23 on: August 15, 2019, 09:01:05 am »
I thought about a breaker yard but normally what you need is 100’s of miles away and what turns up is usually worse than what you took off !
Not to mention the fact that Fiat 249 paint code has 9 different shades  ;D
I really am doing it the most stress free way possible cos I sure as shat ain’t working my backpack out of my Golf boot  ;D

And I though it was bad having 4 shades of blue on my Citroen Relay on that paint code. But 9 takes the biscuit. Typical Fiat. (For those who don't know, the Ducato, Relay and Boxer vans are all built by Fiat in Italy with PSA engines.)

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #24 on: August 15, 2019, 09:32:13 am »
There is a blue white a grey white a cream white , the list goes on and on

Simon Trapani

« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2019, 09:44:54 am »

Whenever I've had a van off the road before I've either managed using barrels out of the car or paid about £150 a week for a hire van...
The Reach & Wash vehicle from Alexander Swan? £75 off the top of my head.

TomCrowther

« Reply #26 on: August 15, 2019, 09:52:59 am »
I was parked up at the Doctors a few weeks ago and the dozy Practice Manager drove into my van, cracked a light cluster and said "it's ok, no damage" I pointed out the damage and she said "I will have to take your word that it wasn't like that before" Nearly slapped her silly face.

P @ F

« Reply #27 on: August 15, 2019, 12:06:38 pm »
The custie just rang and asked how much , I told him it was 275 , it’s already in my bank bless him !
Better get the wing ordered now then .

Splash & dash

« Reply #28 on: August 15, 2019, 12:22:30 pm »

I have it as well costs about £75 for the year , I have had 3 people drive into me over the last 10 years and Alexander swan were brilliant I live 200 miles away from them but they had the replacement   van with ionics Thermopure  system on my drive by 10 am the next day , cost me  nothing apart from the £75 annual premium

P @ F

« Reply #29 on: August 15, 2019, 05:02:43 pm »
That sounds like a good deal to me !
An empty hire van is as much use as a chocolate teapot really , more hassle than it’s worth for me anyway !