This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

capn sparkle

How do you find customers treat you after being dropped?
« on: August 09, 2019, 06:08:45 pm »
After 9 yrs cleaning windows obviously I've run into a right old range of people and I'm fairly reasonable with them but certain things get my goat.

Doorstep cancellations without a good reason (good reason would be building or garden work) not because someone is fitting blinds INSIDE - only once tho  ???
Payment issues - either non, slow or continual text reminders.
And the usual dog poo, rude or can 'ya just' wiggle your brush over the thingummmjig type customer. TBH all the usual annoying dump em reasons.

I just seem to get a scowl or them very obviously looking the other way / ignored. Curious to see if it's just me or human nature.

Not bothered by it, just curious what happens to others.

Smudger

Re: How do you find customers treat you after being dropped?
« Reply #1 on: August 09, 2019, 06:13:06 pm »
in truth I rarely see any ex customers

I quote them then never see them again  -  I do see on occasion long standing customers and we get on fine  ;D

sorry not overly helpful

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2019, 06:46:50 pm »
I had a lovely old couple who would always make me a hot drink and once made me a sandwich as well.
Then all of a sudden they fell out with me for something, absolutely no idea why. The fella got the huff on and shouted don't bother doing ours and stomped off. Still to this day, I have no idea why.

They are in a large cul de sac and I clean the vast majority, yet they always blank me. 😂😂 So I always make a point of saying hello to them when they are out! They hated it and huffed n puffed when they toddled off,  but it's been a while now and they now expect me to say hi and so reluctantly they smile and say hi back.
They can't be grumpy forever
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2019, 06:52:01 pm »
One ex customer still blanks me(not cleaned her windows for 25 years!).I see her nearly every month too.. ;D

I put both my feet through her knackered flat roof kitchen extension...... ;D

Her problem not mine..... 8)
price higher/work harder!

SB Cleaning

« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2019, 07:07:53 pm »
Dont see many ex customers but wouldn't bother me in the slightest if I had a funny look off one :D

James Styles

« Reply #5 on: August 10, 2019, 12:00:28 am »
It’s just human nature, once you have dumped a customer or they’ve sacked you it’s gonna feel awkward when you see each other.

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: August 10, 2019, 05:29:20 am »
I try and avoid my current customers when out and about never mind the ex customers!