This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Poll

How much per Lead £

£7.50
£10
£12.50
£15

The Jester of Wibbly

Re: How much would you pay for these Leads?
« Reply #20 on: August 07, 2019, 03:59:31 pm »
The difference for me is that I sell my services the way I want. I introduce myself, explain the way I operate to avoid confusion.  Build a rapor with them from the off.    I can get to spot the bad ones and how to handle them by the way I question them.

Can't do that with leads. Plus my advertising costs tend to be no more than half the price of the first clean.

Big difference is that a customer is talking to the experts and the people they are dealing with from the word go.

Sorry but these things have always failed in the past.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Smudger

« Reply #21 on: August 07, 2019, 04:08:00 pm »
Could someone find this your chappie a link to the last lot that promoted this (OMO - or whatever there name was  - cheers)

Just a heads up. - its been done before - its failed before - save your time and money

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #22 on: August 07, 2019, 04:11:55 pm »
Wind up me thinks
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

nathankaye

« Reply #23 on: August 07, 2019, 04:55:47 pm »
What about the window cleaners reward, I think it was. Where window cleaners pay into it to have leads given and ranked  by the customer and the customer receives rewards etc
Or something to that effect.  They added further incentives and when they tried to sell their ideas to the window cleaners after they are launching it, realised that the vast majority of window cleaners dread the very idea of it!
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #24 on: August 07, 2019, 05:07:34 pm »
I get about 25 leads a month, all from my website or magazine advertising (which I decided to do this year).

Out of those 25 leads, I would say 5 are good, the other 20 are crap.

The crap ones include:
first floor flats,
second floor flats,
one off cleans,
I'm moving cleans,
can I have them done by Sunday (bbq) cleans,
I think I might want them done again, but not sure, cleans
student house cleans,
my window cleaner stopped coming cleans (some of these aren't bad),
old people cleans, actually very old, (where you have to repeat yourself 3 times for every sentence),
terraced houses, you have to come through the house cleans,
we look after a managed property and would like a quote for 3 times a year cleans,
out of my area cleans,
don't mind my 4 dogs, cleans
I was recommended cleans (by a customer I dumped 2years ago) cleans,
I don't speak any English cleans,
I don't like that pole thingy, cleans
I like to be in when you come, cleans
I don't like leaving my gate unlocked, cleans.

Now, all these crap cleans are given (for free) to my mate Dan who is starting out window cleaning.
He gets experience and some cash in his pocket, I get taken out for a meal now and again, a few drinks and put in a taxi home.

I certainly wouldn't sell these enquiries...and I certainly wouldn't buy them!
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

Smudger

« Reply #25 on: August 07, 2019, 05:10:42 pm »
I fear we won't hear from Brandon again .......

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Slacky

« Reply #26 on: August 07, 2019, 06:01:06 pm »
Im beginning to suspect he’s not who he says he is 😜

Ooooooog

« Reply #27 on: August 07, 2019, 06:26:11 pm »
I get about 25 leads a month, all from my website or magazine advertising (which I decided to do this year).

The crap ones include:
first floor flats,
second floor flats,
one off cleans,
I'm moving cleans,
student house cleans,
old people cleans, actually very old, (where you have to repeat yourself 3 times for every sentence),
we look after a managed property and would like a quote for 3 times a year cleans,
out of my area cleans,

Now, all these crap cleans are given (for free) to my mate Dan who is starting out window cleaning.
He gets experience and some cash in his pocket, I get taken out for a meal now and again, a few drinks and put in a taxi home.

Post of the month.

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: August 07, 2019, 09:12:12 pm »

The crap ones include:
first floor flats,
second floor flats,
one off cleans,
I'm moving cleans,
student house cleans,
out of my area cleans,

Now that's the truth.

Getting leads isn't that difficult, finding the ones who suit how you work is.

Splash & dash

« Reply #29 on: August 07, 2019, 10:19:09 pm »
Good luck in your new venture but we wouldn’t pay anything for  leads we generate more work than we need or want from our web site , I turn down far more work than I take on , you have got me thinking now maybe I should look at selling them on .

Crystal-clear

« Reply #30 on: August 08, 2019, 12:49:44 am »
If possible try and edit post to also have a £0.00 option.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #31 on: August 08, 2019, 06:38:39 am »
If possible try and edit post to also have a £0.00 option.

I was thinking the same. Maybe the market reasearch is through rose tinted glasses. Pointless.

The more I think of it the more I think its a wind up. You have only just signed up on here and started your market research.  Yet why have you set the business up with this so called all singing and dancing website first?

Johnny B

Re: How much would you pay for these Leads? New
« Reply #32 on: August 08, 2019, 08:01:34 am »
Same here - zero for a lead - if its viable after 3 cleans I'd pay you the price of the first clean

why wold I pay £10 for a £10 clean that most likely will only ever be a one off

Darran

your not paying £10 for a £10 clean. your paying £10 for the phone to ring. That call could be a bungalow or it could be a mansion, it could also be any size commercial work. Sales and pricing is up to you.

Let me phrase it  this way, how much on average does it cost you in advertising to get 1 call?  please exclude anything that provides terrible quality calls such as FB group posting etc

I don't like to shoot anyone down in flames, especially someone who is trying to start a small business. I have quite a lot of customers who first contacted me via our local 'Do you know?' Facebook page, and not only have they turned out to be good customers, they have repeatedly recommended and been instrumental in generating more customers for me. They are local, and the cost of getting each one was zero.

My phone rings so often during the day that I have to ignore it or else I'd get nothing done! So in both instances, why would I (or anyone) pay for their phone to ring? And that is not even taking into account that the lead isn't a guarantee of getting the job for any number of reasons,.

I also get a lot of calls for other services such as power washing, painting etc., and I simply pass them on for free to guys I know who provide these services, and they return the favour to me.

In the words of Peter Jones (Dragons Den) I will say that I wish you all the very best, but sadly I am going to say that I'm out.

John
Being diplomatic is being able to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #33 on: August 08, 2019, 08:04:20 am »
how much would I pay for a lead?

nothing £000000

Spruce

« Reply #34 on: August 08, 2019, 02:59:36 pm »
Same here - zero for a lead - if its viable after 3 cleans I'd pay you the price of the first clean

why wold I pay £10 for a £10 clean that most likely will only ever be a one off

Darran

your not paying £10 for a £10 clean. your paying £10 for the phone to ring. That call could be a bungalow or it could be a mansion, it could also be any size commercial work. Sales and pricing is up to you.

Let me phrase it  this way, how much on average does it cost you in advertising to get 1 call?  please exclude anything that provides terrible quality calls such as FB group posting etc

I don't like to shoot anyone down in flames, especially someone who is trying to start a small business. I have quite a lot of customers who first contacted me via our local 'Do you know?' Facebook page, and not only have they turned out to be good customers, they have repeatedly recommended and been instrumental in generating more customers for me. They are local, and the cost of getting each one was zero.

My phone rings so often during the day that I have to ignore it or else I'd get nothing done! So in both instances, why would I (or anyone) pay for their phone to ring? And that is not even taking into account that the lead isn't a guarantee of getting the job for any number of reasons,.

I also get a lot of calls for other services such as power washing, painting etc., and I simply pass them on for free to guys I know who provide these services, and they return the favour to me.

In the words of Peter Jones (Dragon's Den) I will say that I wish you all the very best, but sadly I am going to say that I'm out.

John

It sounds to me like the O/P is doing a college or university business course and is looking for feed back.  I maybe wrong though but he does differentiate between ordinary leads and qualified leads. Qualified leads is training course speak IMO.  If he is then the problem with these courses is that many of the tutors have no clue of what happens in the real world - a lot like politicians.

His first statment says a lot

THIS IS MARKET RESEARCH ONLY PLEASE DO NOT MESSAGE ME ASKING FOR THESE LEADS..
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Smudger

« Reply #35 on: August 08, 2019, 08:34:54 pm »
Then surely OP needs to be upfront with a statement to that fact and ask for opinions

I'd be more than happy to go through the different types of advertising ive don't - what worked what failed  etc..

my impression. was another office wallah who thinks they can earn big bucks my offering leads to us neanderthal window cleaners that barely knows what a zx81 is or can't understand business

( which is wrong big time - there are many very well informed and intelligent  people on this forum )

Darran

Frankybadboy

« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2019, 12:46:23 pm »
still no lnk to his web page  ;D ;D ;D ;D