This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James Styles

Messers
« on: August 05, 2019, 10:15:51 am »
Looks like I got another 2. These two customers have only had 1 clean and the next clean has come round texts sent yesterday evening and when i head out this morning one text “no thanks....leave it til next week” and the other says “James can you leave ours til next time please”
I will give them a chance but if this issue comes up again (which I expect it will) I’m just gonna say “would you like to be moved to every 8 weeks or be removed from the round?”
Bloody messers 😡

Stoots

Re: Messers
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2019, 11:22:32 am »
Welcome to window cleaning mate.

This happens a lot, it happens less as time passes and you weed them out.

But this is why it takes years to build a good , reliable round not months

Sure you canvass a few hundred customers in a few months but half or more will be no good long term.

I'm 5 years in and I still get this on occasion, it never ends just gets a bit easier.

To make you feel a bit better I have about 500 current customers and 800 ex customer's!

nathankaye

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2019, 11:49:59 am »
I wouldn't give them the benefit of the doubt James. I think your right to give them the chance to go 8wkly or be removed.  Your giving them the chance and keeping things professional.    Then if they opt for 8wkly and it happens again, you are justified to cancel their service if it's on unreasonable terms (not on holiday for instance)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2019, 11:59:17 am »
We never get this , it’s down to you when quoting , explain that you are offering a 4-8 weekly service no cancellation on the day unless it’s a justifiable one like decorating , just an observation do you work out of a car ?? Some people view that as a take it or leave it service rather than a professional job they think you are working for beer money , we don’t get this happening  and none of my friends do either, you need to be more forthright with potential customers, we don’t txt either we just turn up I will not tolerate people like this we run a very tight ship and dump any that are like this straight away but it must be several years since this has happened.

Shrek

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2019, 12:47:47 pm »
Flipping heck it’s the summer holidays man , obviously people go on holiday in August every year so it’s got to be expected  :)

James Styles

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2019, 02:05:49 pm »
We never get this , it’s down to you when quoting , explain that you are offering a 4-8 weekly service no cancellation on the day unless it’s a justifiable one like decorating , just an observation do you work out of a car ?? Some people view that as a take it or leave it service rather than a professional job they think you are working for beer money , we don’t get this happening  and none of my friends do either, you need to be more forthright with potential customers, we don’t txt either we just turn up I will not tolerate people like this we run a very tight ship and dump any that are like this straight away but it must be several years since this has happened.

Yes I do work out of a car at the moment. I always send a text the evening before to leave gates unlocked or to let the ones who don’t have side access know I’m coming as they will need to be in.
If I get this hassle again next month with them they will be given the ultimatum lol can’t wait til I’m busy enough to not let it bother me but I see it as £30 down today now because of them messing about, if they were away on holiday or had a good reason like decorating etc I’d be fine with it but no reasons were given at all ::)roll

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2019, 02:24:24 pm »
Just tell them to keep the prices the same all properties in your area needs doing then at the same time.  So would you like them doing tomorrow or next week at a higher price to cover costs coming out to your area just to do your property?
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Splash & dash

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2019, 02:38:14 pm »

Yes I do work out of a car at the moment. I always send a text the evening before to leave gates unlocked or to let the ones who don’t have side access know I’m coming as they will need to be in.
If I get this hassle again next month with them they will be given the ultimatum lol can’t wait til I’m busy enough to not let it bother me but I see it as £30 down today now because of them messing about, if they were away on holiday or had a good reason like decorating etc I’d be fine with it but no reasons were given at all ::)roll

I feel sorry for you we are very well established, and have weeded our the messers over the years , some view ones who work out of cars as  part time workers and they think it’s some kind of add hock service that they can have them done it they feel like it and not done if they don’t want them done , not criticising you  but think you might need to be firmer when quoting explain  they are agreeing to a monthly service , that’s what I do if they hesitate I suggest they look for someone else , we don’t take on work where there is access issues unless we are given a key or a code number to get in , ime lucky I don’t need any more work and can afford to be fussy , but you need to start your business the way you want to go one this problem will just get bigger and more problematic if you don’t nip it in the bud . We don’t txt any customers ones who want that won’t be taken on by us as I cannot be bothers to do it , there is plenty of easy work out there without this type of work  and customer.

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2019, 02:53:28 pm »
Splash and dash says "we never get this"

Then goes on to say he doesn't text just turns up.

So I think that tells you something, I text most of my round and get this on a fairly regular basis.

But I've only ever been turned away when just turning up maybe once or twice

So yes if you text you are going to get the odd one skipping.

I don't really have much choice on my round, 50% probably my have locked gates and I'm not climbing over them.

But then again it doesnt bother me much as I have more than I need so just get on with the next job on the list, I'm always behind so never worry about skippers

Crystal-clear

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2019, 02:58:01 pm »
Are you doubling the first clean now?

Roy Harding

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2019, 03:05:24 pm »
When pricing tell them, to delay or cancel a clean you need 24hrs notice, as you plan your round to be  as cost effective as posible.
Tell them you clean even if there out this gives them a regular service.

I would if they try it on, text back and say, someone else wanted there windows cleaned on this round, but gave you first chance. So if you clean them instead today,they would loose there spot on the round.

Slacky

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2019, 03:47:51 pm »
I’m on holiday.

I cancelled my milk before coming away.

tlwcs

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2019, 04:14:52 pm »
I text most of mine and rarely get a knock back. I always ask/text why and if the don’t reply I drop them .
James now cleans them 😁
Until your full mate messers are just part of the growing pains. Drop them now or drop them when you have more messers, sorry, customers. One things for sure, they will always be messing someone around.
Tony

AuRavelling79

« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2019, 04:55:19 pm »
I’m on holiday.

The 1970's wants its example back.
It's a game of three halves!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2019, 05:01:28 pm »
James. I promise you this - it's nothing to do with you having a car.

What it is to do with is that you are starting off and you need work. We all started off and needed work but some of us have forgotten what it was like back in the mists of time when we set up in business.

Don't worry about it but resolve to "set out your stall" with every new customer. Write a little list of "must comply withs" (that you want your business to have) and keep it in your glove box as an aide-memoire.  Read it before you walk up the path to discuss things with your next prospective customer.

If you want to take away the very best of advice from this forum read Roy Harding's posts - he posts rarely but he was on this forum and very helpful to me when I joined and was changing from trad. to wfp.
It's a game of three halves!

Smudger

« Reply #15 on: August 05, 2019, 06:31:07 pm »
Can't agree more - as a noobie you will get caught time and again people sence your new to the game and therefore take liberties, as you go forward your patter will improve and so will your confidence in your ability and service - it's amazing how customers then realise your a business and generally behave - for what it's worth charge double first clean (if poss) offer 1/2 price clean after 6 cleans it's amazing how people stay to get the discount - don't text !! Unless absolutely necessary - at this stage you can quite easily give a next clean date instead of at least I'll be cleaning here again week commencing xx/xx/2019

We give a date - never text and I can't remember when the last door step cancellation was - however we get notice (usually) weeks or days in advance if the clean requires moving

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

robbo333

« Reply #16 on: August 05, 2019, 07:01:03 pm »
James you've had this problem before and you will have it again, so, unfortunately, get used to it.

Quite simply, these people do not want a regular window cleaner and they are not good customers! Full Stop!

Technically, you should bin them, but keep for them for a while until you've built up a good round. You may find some of them might want it done next time...so at least you have...some money.

I text all my customers the night before (even ones I have access to).
Anyone who texts back 'not this time' (without good reason) gets binned.
If they don't want their windows cleaned...they don't need me.
I'll devote my time to finding another customer who does want a regular, reliable service.
There's good customers out there, you just have to find them.

I haven't had a cancellation in ages. Having said that, I have picked up some new customers...so we'll see.  ;D
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

CleanClear

« Reply #17 on: August 05, 2019, 07:03:06 pm »
Looks like I got another 2. These two customers have only had 1 clean and the next clean has come round texts sent yesterday evening and when i head out this morning one text “no thanks....leave it til next week” and the other says “James can you leave ours til next time please”
I will give them a chance but if this issue comes up again (which I expect it will) I’m just gonna say “would you like to be moved to every 8 weeks or be removed from the round?”
Bloody messers 😡

The one who said can you leave it till next week, i would reply: Sorry, only round then. See you next month.

The one who said can you leave it till next month , then i would do.

Just see what transpires with them then and take it from there.....................
*Status*--------Currently Online---------

Dave Willis

« Reply #18 on: August 05, 2019, 07:19:12 pm »
I never understand anyone offering two cleaning schedules like four or eight weeks🤔

I’m stacked with work so can’t possibly mess about with bimonthly cleans. I do six week cycles and still can’t do them on time. Messrs just get dumped or pushed to the back of my priority list until they fade away.

Slacky

« Reply #19 on: August 05, 2019, 07:36:54 pm »
I’m on holiday.

The 1970's wants its example back.

But it is the truth.