This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

H MAN

Strengthen Angle Adapter joint.
« on: July 31, 2019, 09:36:41 am »
This will strengthen your pole angle adapter to give you a more positive feel when using your pole.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QPput31Mj10&list=PLGXIM0LRMTcS5B4wYw3vb0B1tvWHgXj6X&index=2&t=0s

Splash & dash

Re: Strengthen Angle Adapter joint.
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2019, 06:04:54 pm »
Oh dear again exceed Inovation brought this out about 7 years ago , catch up Herman . We are removing dirt from windows using a brush we don’t need heavy engineering for that it only weighs 200 grams   

H MAN

« Reply #2 on: August 01, 2019, 12:26:52 am »
Oh dear again exceed Inovation brought this out about 7 years ago , catch up Herman . We are removing dirt from windows using a brush we don’t need heavy engineering for that it only weighs 200 grams
It's not the weight of what you have on the pole .
But the force you put on it especially having scrubber or doodlebug on the pole.
Where some people put a fair bit of force on it.
So in that case it would be necessary to have heavier duty angle adapter.
Most angle adapters are particularly weak when it comes to using it with force side ways.

exceed Innovation brought this out about 7 years ago
You talking about the bicycle seat clamp ???

Slacky

« Reply #3 on: August 01, 2019, 07:42:40 am »
‘Some people put a fair bit of force on it’.

They do?

Who are ‘they’?

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: August 01, 2019, 08:13:30 am »
Well I suppose you will need to strengthen it after all that heating up and making it brittle - best to buy a quality Gardiner one  ;D ;D ;D
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: August 01, 2019, 08:19:35 am »
It's not the weight of what you have on the pole .
But the force you put on it especially having scrubber or doodlebug on the pole.
Where some people put a fair bit of force on it.
So in that case it would be necessary to have heavier duty angle adapter.
Most angle adapters are particularly weak when it comes to using it with force side ways.

exceed Innovation brought this out about 7 years ago
You talking about the bicycle seat clamp ???

No Herman an angle adapter with metal centre fixings , it’s no better than a normal one

Mick Kent

« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2019, 08:20:40 am »
Nice 1 Herman.
A handy tip

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: August 01, 2019, 08:25:47 am »
i find the plastic gardiner angle adaptors  very strong.....ive never broke one in over 9 years wfp and im heavy handed......i also drop my pole on the odd occasion..... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: August 01, 2019, 12:23:53 pm »
Another solution to a problem that doesn't exist

Has anyone ever broke one?

I know I haven't and if i ever did I would just buy another.

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: August 01, 2019, 12:39:50 pm »
Why do ones take the bait?
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Slacky

« Reply #10 on: August 01, 2019, 12:44:58 pm »
Why do ones take the bait?

I only reply so you respond, so you take the bait. In other words.

nathankaye

« Reply #11 on: August 01, 2019, 01:00:40 pm »
We all know what Hman's posts are like and yet one's are compelled to argue with him, though it falls on deaf ears.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Dry Clean

« Reply #12 on: August 01, 2019, 01:29:44 pm »
We all know what Hman's posts are like and yet one's are compelled to argue with him, though it falls on deaf ears.

There's another guy on here who always trying to reinvent the wheel, make videos and no matter how many say he's wrong never listens, if only I could remember his name.

Slacky

« Reply #13 on: August 01, 2019, 04:17:09 pm »

There's another guy on here who always trying to reinvent the wheel, make videos and no matter how many say he's wrong never listens, if only I could remember his name.

Ewan wasn't it?

Splash & dash

« Reply #14 on: August 01, 2019, 04:56:07 pm »

No Herman it’s not bike seat clamp it’s a wfp angle adapter that is supposed  to be super strong , in 18 years approx of wfp I have yet to break an ordinary one , so don’t think it s nessasary to have a stronger one 

Windy Miller

« Reply #15 on: August 01, 2019, 08:53:34 pm »
Haven't broken a gardiners one in all my days using them, and I push closed quite a few sash windows which have been left open.

H MAN

« Reply #16 on: August 01, 2019, 11:16:30 pm »

No Herman it’s not bike seat clamp it’s a wfp angle adapter that is supposed  to be super strong , in 18 years approx of wfp I have yet to break an ordinary one , so don’t think it s nessasary to have a stronger one
Think in the time they called them Flip Fast and yes they are bicycle seat quick release clamp posts can get them on Ebay for couple $.
And could of put any other clamping system on it also.
Your right it fine for using just to scrub glass. 
But when it comes to heavy handed using scrubbing walls and any other surfaces l
 Put this mod on.
Anyway you have not seen the small aluminium plate fitted on side, that stops the side movement of the angle adapter when clamped closed .
This is what we have done.
Or could be that the angle adapter we have is the cheaper ones 2 $ or one pound.
https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Road-Bike-Bicycle-Seat-Post-Quick-Release-Binder-Clamp-Bolt-Silver-P8A9/292575501495

Smudger

« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2019, 03:25:57 pm »
I bet we have scrubbed more walls and cladding than you ever had - still never broken one

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Don Kee

« Reply #19 on: August 03, 2019, 07:13:43 pm »
Best idea EVER, thanks H Man!