This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Boris Johnson's £80,000 threshold.
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 08:39:37 am »
Where will that money come from though?

The benefits bill hopefully.

It’s about time the hard work and guts it takes to start and run a business is rewarded instead of laziness.

Which benefits would you cut first?

Benefits for the alcohol dependable people , my sisters ex used to get paid £300 a week in benefits because he couldn’t work as he was an alcoholic. You’ll never guess what he spends his benefits money on???
Benefits for single parents- especially the kind that turns upto school in the latest Nike trainers and latest gear, smoking at the school gates , goes out boozing every weekend, massive flat screen tv in their council house and then says they’ve no money. I think that’s where boris should start anyway

really?....i dont  know anyone who gets £1200 a month in benefits........ive only been  on the dole for 10 months in my life(way back in 1991) and i think it was around £70 every fortnight... ;D
price higher/work harder!

poleman

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 08:54:31 am »
WOW what a load of b******s so people speak on here  ::)roll

Firstly UK has one of the lowest corporation taxes in Western world down from 28% in 2010

And what do your define a great country? because the past 10 years under this Tory loving you talk about government has killed over 120'000 austerity cuts to the welfare system , we have a homeless crisis, houses crisis,  and NHS crisis BUT  hey that's not going to be resolved by cutting taxes trickle down economics does not work the rich get richer and the poor get poorer......
Works great for Ireland at 12.5%, multinationals everywhere. 1 in 7 employed by a multinational.

We dont live in ireland  ::)roll and most multinational  avoid paying tax anyway  ::)roll
Was my point that hard to understand? Ireland operates a low corp tax regime and does very well from it. The multis do pay "some"tax but they pay it in Ireland. I don't think Johnson has any intention of lowering corporation tax, its a Bluff to get the EU's attention. They don't want the UK as a low corp tax haven next door, especially Ireland who are insisting on the backstop. Oh and just cause you seem to like them so much  ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll ::)roll

Most window cleaners are one man bands and lowering corp tax want benefit them at all and most tax loopholes are because there head office is not in there current country, plus big business dont give a poop and dont help your average person, we live in a sweatshop society stagnant wage growth, we live in a rig economy where money goes up, as trickle down economics does not work

Shrek

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2019, 08:56:10 am »
Yep seriously, the guy has all the latest clothes, smoked cigs , weed & drank every day

Stoots

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 09:20:37 am »
There's certainly good money in benefits

Especially for a single mother.

Say 5 kids that's about £600 a month in child tax credit plus around £300 in child benefit.

Rent paid, free school meals and prescriptions, dentist, doctors etc.

Might get working tax credit as well depending

And if the fathers of her kids are paying maintenance she gets that on top of her benefits which could be hundreds a month

TomCrowther

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 09:28:33 am »

Say 5 kids that's about £600 a month in child tax credit plus around £300 in child benefit.

And if the fathers of her kids are paying maintenance she gets that on top of her benefits which could be hundreds a month

Oh yeah. Single mothers really are living the dream and the kids are so lucky.

Dry Clean

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019, 09:49:20 am »

Iv yet to meet a person on benefits who I would swap lives with, even if she was getting £2k a month ( which she wont be ) it wouldn't come close to keeping a family of six above the minimum living wage standard never mind any sort of luxury.

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 10:27:08 am »
Where will that money come from though?

The benefits bill hopefully.

It’s about time the hard work and guts it takes to start and run a business is rewarded instead of laziness.

Which benefits would you cut first?

Benefits for the alcohol dependable people , my sisters ex used to get paid £300 a week in benefits because he couldn’t work as he was an alcoholic. You’ll never guess what he spends his benefits money on???
Benefits for single parents- especially the kind that turns upto school in the latest Nike trainers and latest gear, smoking at the school gates , goes out boozing every weekend, massive flat screen tv in their council house and then says they’ve no money. I think that’s where boris should start anyway

really?....i dont  know anyone who gets £1200 a month in benefits........ive only been  on the dole for 10 months in my life(way back in 1991) and i think it was around £70 every fortnight... ;D

It may gave gone up by then  ;)

Stoots

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 11:04:27 am »

Oh yeah. Single mothers really are living the dream and the kids are so lucky.

Who said they were living the dream or the kids were lucky ?

I said there's decent money in benefits

2k a month is nothing to be sniffed at with no rent payments.

It's not the best life but it far from the worst either

Stoots

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019, 11:08:59 am »

Iv yet to meet a person on benefits who I would swap lives with, even if she was getting £2k a month ( which she wont be ) it wouldn't come close to keeping a family of six above the minimum living wage standard never mind any sort of luxury.

I guess it depends on your perspective.

I wish I or we (as in my family) had 2k a month after rent left to pay the bills and bring up the kids

Soupy

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2019, 11:57:54 am »

I wish I or we (as in my family) had 2k a month after rent left to pay the bills and bring up the kids

Go on benefits then?

Stoots

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2019, 12:26:46 pm »

Go on benefits then?

No thanks been there before plus I'm not a single mother I'm afraid

Soupy

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2019, 12:35:36 pm »

Go on benefits then?

Ah right, so the benefits system wasn't all it's cracked up to be then?

Shrek

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2019, 12:50:01 pm »
It is if you say your an alcoholic! Add a bit of depression and your quids in

Stoots

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2019, 03:11:29 pm »

Go on benefits then?

Not for a single male no its terrible.

But then again I was referring to a single mother with a few kids.

Or did you miss that bit.

poleman

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2019, 03:28:27 pm »
wow what reality did people live in this forum  >:(

There is a reason we have a wealth system ffs

To take the country out off poverty and to look after the pensioners, sick and disabled

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BcG-X7EG-TY

dazmond

« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2019, 04:07:40 pm »
Yep seriously, the guy has all the latest clothes, smoked cigs , weed & drank every day

he s probably a drug dealer then....loads like that where i live.....

dazmond

« Reply #36 on: July 31, 2019, 04:22:05 pm »

i thought you would easily have £2k a month left over by now mate after rent.....i thought you had a full round now and worked in most weather? ???

after rent/ALL businesses expenses including van lease,tax/insurances,etc ive easily got £2k+ left over for bills,food,car lease payments,etc......but i have no kids(my choice).......and my missus earns her own money.....

nathankaye

« Reply #37 on: July 31, 2019, 04:43:13 pm »
So, who's gonna bring this thread back to window cleaning then,
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #38 on: July 31, 2019, 06:01:47 pm »

i thought you would easily have £2k a month left over by now mate after rent.....i thought you had a full round now and worked in most weather? ???

after rent/ALL businesses expenses including van lease,tax/insurances,etc ive easily got £2k+ left over for bills,food,car lease payments,etc......but i have no kids(my choice).......and my missus earns her own money.....

My turnover is probably similar to yours, but obviously tax takes a fair old chunk....

But thats to support a family of 4, plus pay maintenance to my ex. Plus my rent a fair bit more than yours...

Soupy

« Reply #39 on: July 31, 2019, 06:32:59 pm »

Go on benefits then?

Not for a single male no its terrible.

But then again I was referring to a single mother with a few kids.

Or did you miss that bit.

I got that.

What's basically being said in this thread is that we should all get tax cuts and to pay for it; we should take the money from single mothers?