This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Glen

Initial clean advice
« on: July 29, 2019, 01:01:41 pm »
I've been asked to price an initial clean and it's been about ten years since my last one..
35 windows including four roof lights, which do not pivot.
The frames have duct tape residue (see pic) - will this come off and if so how?
It's in rural N.Ireland

I would be grateful for advice on removing the tape residue and pricing.

Thanks in advance

https://photos.app.goo.gl/FMtEXRXJM9MaDrmZA

dazmond

Re: Initial clean advice
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2019, 03:06:22 pm »
sticky stuff remover from b and q will get the duct tape off with ease.....

id want £60 first clean and £40  (8 weekly frequency) on maintenance cleans....that job will only take 30 mins (at most)on regular cleans....
price higher/work harder!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2019, 10:33:09 pm »

id want £60 first clean and £40  (8 weekly frequency) on maintenance cleans....that job will only take 30 mins (at most)on regular cleans....

But add on time for removing the sticky stuff and other residue.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2019, 08:39:31 am »

But add on time for removing the sticky stuff and other residue.

nope......that clean would take an hour on a first clean INCLUDING removing the gaffa tape residue......so £60 includes this as well....

AuRavelling79

« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2019, 08:53:11 am »
Good old Daz! He knows how baked on that gaffer tape residue would be from looking at a photo from here.

I would try part of a frame or two before quoting, see how easy it came away and quote accordingly.
It's a game of three halves!

Glen

« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2019, 11:25:52 am »

To clarify, this is an initial post-construction clean, inside and outside, and will take about a day

deeege

« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2019, 02:29:31 pm »
I think (hope) Daz has priced it as a first clean (ie after the builders clean had been done). 

For a build clean in/out on that I’d want a full days money at a very good rate, paid upfront.

If Daz would do the build clean for £60 I’d sub it to him and take it from there. 😂
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: July 30, 2019, 03:19:38 pm »

To clarify, this is an initial post-construction clean, inside and outside, and will take about a day

ah....you didnt mention the insides mate or that it was a builders clean!.......personally i wouldnt take the job on.....no builders cleans thank you......i couldnt be arsed tbh..... ;D

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: July 30, 2019, 05:18:17 pm »
I quoted a similar sized house not long ago, insides and out, some plaster and tape removal.

Quoted £150 and was laughed off the premises...

no one wants to pay that sort of money for cleaning some windows, i wouldnt bother with it

James Styles

« Reply #9 on: July 30, 2019, 05:26:06 pm »

I’d say about £200

TomCrowther

« Reply #10 on: July 30, 2019, 07:00:53 pm »
As mentioned, just quote the job at your day rate. If they want it great and if not never mind. I quote day jobs at £300. Some I get and some I don't.  Don't think you have to do them a favour because half way through you will regret it.

Windy Miller

« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2019, 07:32:15 pm »
As said before, a day's rate and dont take it personally if you're knocked back, there's plenty of people out there who appreciate a valuable service like window cleaning and others who expect a days work done for fifty quid. If you get it happy days, at least you'll not be cursing the job for having priced it too low.
I'm fortunate enough to have a fellow window cleaner's number who's happy enough to take on builders cleans and gutter cleaning etc and I pass work on to him regularly. Ideally you'd be best off trying to find similar as these cleans are a complete pain in the backside.

jonboywalton75

« Reply #12 on: July 30, 2019, 08:34:41 pm »
Run away

nathankaye

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2019, 09:21:41 pm »
Run away

Same here. I avoid at all cost and most don't realise the work involved and are very reluctant to pay
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2019, 08:07:28 am »
Run away

Same here. I avoid at all cost and most don't realise the work involved and are very reluctant to pay

I've found the same with most and on services from Conny roofs to fsg and gutters etc.

I'm wanting £50 an hour for these jobs at least, it's rare I've come across someone who want to to pay £100 plus for these services.

That's probably down to my local area, but I've always found I make much easier money generally by just cleaning windows.

Anything else is just faff