This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Slacky

Re: Grass Cuttings Baked onto Windows
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2019, 04:32:14 pm »
loosing credibly  😎😎😎

Really? Whats 'credibly'?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: July 31, 2019, 05:30:40 pm »
hot water helps.....but sometime i still need to get my scraper out......its only an issue with the odd window here and there......
Hot waters a waste of time and money, been there done it and cold is just fine.

I would like to see you clean baked on seagull poo and salt off with cold and get a decent finish , it’s a scientific fact hot will clean faster and better
you keep telling ya self that.

Tell you what come out with us for a day and show us how good your cold water is on costal work , if it will clean it off I’ll pay your traveling expenses , are you up for the challenge ????
You couldn't afford me pal ;D

I have used hot maybe not on the coast but the point remains,COLD works FINE.

Lol you really have no idear do you , 😂😂😂
You carry on with your cold water mate  it will clean but it’s slow and  stiff and freezing hoses in the winter months isn’t much fun , as I said earlier take up my offer  and prove what you are saying or you are loosing credibility 😎😎😎
10 years WFP...ok I have no idea ::)roll ::)roll

dazmond

« Reply #22 on: July 31, 2019, 05:54:09 pm »
SB cleaning you stick to cold then.........i know which one i prefer...... ;D
price higher/work harder!

Spotfree

« Reply #23 on: July 31, 2019, 06:39:38 pm »
Wouldn't it be great if some genius did a side by side comparison?

I mean this debate has been going for ages and I for one would love to know the outcome as if hot made work even slightly easier I'm in.

If I had hot water then I would have already done the video by now. Why wouldn't the suppliers of hot water systems have done something along these lines by now? Surely some actual proof of hot water cleaning better, quicker, easier would be a massive selling point. Does make you wander?

dazmond

« Reply #24 on: July 31, 2019, 06:51:07 pm »
Wouldn't it be great if some genius did a side by side comparison?

I mean this debate has been going for ages and I for one would love to know the outcome as if hot made work even slightly easier I'm in.

If I had hot water then I would have already done the video by now. Why wouldn't the suppliers of hot water systems have done something along these lines by now? Surely some actual proof of hot water cleaning better, quicker, easier would be a massive selling point. Does make you wander?

of course hot water makes cleaning easier.....scrubbing the glass is easier,rinses better,dries quicker,lovely supple hoses...the list goes on....you can splash and dash and reduce the risk of doing a bad job too compared to cold.....i use mine all day every day even on the hottest days...in fact its most beneficial in the warmer months for cleaning power as the water is red hot.....

first cleans and add on jobs are much easier to clean with hot water,same for longer frequency rural cleans out in the countryside(i have a fair few!)...

dazmond

« Reply #25 on: July 31, 2019, 06:52:41 pm »
i fully respect those that want to stick with cold water,fair enough but its not for me anymore.....

SB Cleaning

« Reply #26 on: July 31, 2019, 07:10:37 pm »
Oh here we go ::)roll

Dazmond, do you really want me to bring up your old posts saying the same as me that cold is just fine ?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2019, 07:16:04 pm »
Regular maintenance cleans which most of us do day in day out there is just no need for hot simple as, hows hot water going to be any better or quicker when all there is is a bit of dust to clean off usually?

dazmond

« Reply #28 on: July 31, 2019, 07:33:17 pm »
Regular maintenance cleans which most of us do day in day out there is just no need for hot simple as, hows hot water going to be any better or quicker when all there is is a bit of dust to clean off usually?

maybe not for you if you still do 2 weekly work but lots of my work is 8 weekly  in semi rural/rural locations......each to their own....

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: July 31, 2019, 07:35:19 pm »
Oh here we go ::)roll

Dazmond, do you really want me to bring up your old posts saying the same as me that cold is just fine ?

it is just fine,you can get by with cold water......but its not for me anymore mate,i prefer using hot water these days....

Shrek

« Reply #30 on: July 31, 2019, 07:59:47 pm »
i Would actually like to try hot water just to see the difference

SB Cleaning

« Reply #31 on: July 31, 2019, 08:18:14 pm »

maybe not for you if you still do 2 weekly work but lots of my work is 8 weekly  in semi rural/rural locations......each to their own....
I do 6wk and 12wk mostly in rural
Places the windows are never that bad!!
Daz you were saying exactly the same as me a couple of years ago just like you have done a u turn on many of things over the years ;D

jonboywalton75

« Reply #32 on: July 31, 2019, 08:36:51 pm »
£4500.00 diesel heater
Gas bottles to buy regularly
Chewing expensive brushes by the score
OUCH!!!!!!!

Splash & dash

« Reply #33 on: July 31, 2019, 10:02:31 pm »

I don’t know where in the country you are but I can assure you  we very rarely clean dusty windows , generally a typical property we  do has seagull or other bird poo on several windows along with bee pollen and snail trails and other stubborn things that need removing , it would be a piece of cake if it was just dust . A lot of our work is costal and some properties ( holiday homes and holiday rental ) and shops we do on a daily basis during winter months and over night the windows are encrusted with salt and opaque you wouldn’t think they had been cleaned in 6 months but they were done the previous day , cold water will do a reasonable job but it’s painfully slow hot water desolves  the salt and grime so much faster . I dont care if you and others believe this or not , it is a scientific fact that it does , it makes my working life so much easier and work far quicker , we do get quite a lot of work from other window cleaners that don’t want to do theses jobs beacause they use cold and struggle to do a good job in a reasonable amount of time and without using tons of water . Ime quite happy for ones to use cold water as I know we can do a much better job in a fraction of the time and earn a very good wage from this type of work , I am just trying to explain to open minded people  the advantages of hot water, is it better than cold yes 100% , is it cheap to buy and run no ,  if you run a profitable buisness and or several vans working where we are it’s a no brainier , I have had several sceptical ones from this forum and another one come out with my guys for a day and they have been very surprised at what they have seen and two of them have now bought diesel 9kw heaters , hopefully they may see this and speak up ,. Each to there own but it cannot be denied that hot will clean better and quicker

jonboywalton75

« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2019, 10:51:10 pm »
Wow, i feel so fortunate that most of my work is 4 weekly already clean windows 😱

Dry Clean

« Reply #35 on: August 01, 2019, 09:21:22 am »
No you dont, when your gas system went belly up you spent a year on here saying it made no difference, to say you where only fooling yourself shows that you dont know what end is up.
Like I have said before when it come to hot there are very few on here worth listening to.

Dry Clean

« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2019, 09:56:50 am »
It could only make a difference if you have a problem such as spending too much time trying to scrub crud of the glass, I dont know about you but the only way I could spend any less time scrubbing the glass is to miss it altogether.

Shrek

« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2019, 12:12:03 pm »
It could only make a difference if you have a problem such as spending too much time trying to scrub crud of the glass, I dont know about you but the only way I could spend any less time scrubbing the glass is to miss it altogether.

The majority of my work is like that however I’m getting a lot of large houses on the books near parks/ trees with massive panes and always covered in crap even though they’re cleaned monthly

SB Cleaning

« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2019, 07:02:55 pm »
No you dont, when your gas system went belly up you spent a year on here saying it made no difference, to say you where only fooling yourself shows that you dont know what end is up.
Like I have said before when it come to hot there are very few on here worth listening to.
Exactly, hes full of crap ;D

dazmond

« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2019, 07:29:27 pm »
Exactly, hes full of crap ;D

I clean artwork as well as windows and plastic cleans.....hot water is great for jobs like these! ;)👍