This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pikeman

new ro
« on: July 27, 2019, 11:38:44 pm »
At the moment using a 300 gpd ro. which has a means to flush t he membranes. decided rather than buy 3 new membranes i would buy a cheap 150 ro and just run it constantly.  Only cost 80 quid if only lasts 12 months not too bad. Cant see a way to flush the membrane though.

nathankaye

Re: new ro
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2019, 12:17:30 am »
You can buy a flush kit and add it yourself.
Although I use three 150gpd membranes (450gpd unit) and it isn't that expensive to replace the membranes. I've had my unit four years now and I've only replaced them once so far and I use a booster pump. Water goes in at near on 300 and comes through at 006.  I top up/  refill the ibc once or twice a week depending on work load.
Isnt that easier than leaving a 150gpd RO on constant
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

pikeman

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2019, 06:56:50 am »
thanks Nathan didn't realise you could add a flush kit. Its really no hassle leaving it run got a ibc tank in the garage and just transfer to van.  The cost of 3 100 membranes plus the filters would be close to what i paid for the ro. Had the old ro years and not sure it was performing well. would only get water down to 000 for a few days before it started creeping up. Would soon go up to 004 but would stay like that for quite a while. Had no probs with using it at 004. Do you think a flush kit is essential. If the membrane only lasted 12 months wouldn't be a lot to replace.

nathankaye

« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2019, 11:19:00 am »
A flush kit helps extend the life of the membranes and the efficiency of the system.  So I would always use one on these systems.
Shop around on ebay for prices on membranes
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

pikeman

« Reply #4 on: July 28, 2019, 11:31:21 am »
cheers mate