Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kwok

Flats and stairs
« on: July 19, 2019, 08:39:24 pm »
Does anyone have a good suggestion or easy way of dragging a carpet cleaning machine up flats ?
I have a twin motor Prochem Steampro but barely use it as majority of my cleans are at flats with a busy estate agent, no lifts and sometimes up 3rd floor.
Had people advising to use extra long hose but not an option as some areas I do are run down council estates bought cheap by landlords to rent out.
A while ago when I got to a property, it was top floor flat on the main street and no parking nearby, took me 10 minutes to get the Prochem machine up stairs. After that I went out and bought a Numatic CDT 900 twin motor. It is a good machine but tanks are small which makes it time consuming having to empty and fill regular.

neil 47

Re: Flats and stairs
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2019, 09:39:33 pm »
Get a cub from world of clean , only weighs about 21kg so can be taken up easily .

As someone once said you are only filling and emptying the same amount you would in a bigger machine
IICRC

kwok

« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2019, 10:15:13 pm »
Cool, thanks

john martin

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2019, 10:33:32 pm »
 :-X  1750+vat for £100 single motor in a transparent lunch box body
For 150 more you could at least have the latest  airflex miniflex with single 8.4 with built in heater (worth 600 as an external )

If you wont spend the money , There are plenty of small lightweight machines used which u could upgrade ... the alltec express/airflex mini can be fitted with higher watt motors  , ( the ashbys sensei  is easy to boost ... 
if your budget is  £300 machines on ebay and u can modify ... even the likes of the small prochem (galaxy ) could be upgraded or boosted .

neil 47

« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2019, 09:49:14 pm »
John

I have 2 airflex minis
1 with the the in built heater and they are really hard to take upstairs .
And the one with the heater weighs loads .

IICRC

john martin

« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2019, 10:26:34 pm »
John

I have 2 airflex minis
1 with the the in built heater and they are really hard to take upstairs .
And the one with the heater weighs loads .

Yes Neil , my alltec express started off with a built in inline , although i could drag it upstairs the heater was heavy and i since removed and i use an external inline .  ( some express machines and sensei's have an emersion which weighs nothing and would def be a help if you get to an eot before the plumber arrives to fix the  water heater ) My express now has one 6.6 and one HD electro  , people have different strength and levels of fittness , i would be medium ,but i can either bump it up stairways on the back wheels or lift the whole thing in my arms for one flight anyway .
One 6.6 on its own is miserable performance though .
I know u are pointing the OP to something lightweight , but the cub is poor value omo ... its a £900 machine selling for near £1800

For that 1800+ vat you could have a new 250psi sensei with HD motor (1300) and add the airflex booster pod (400) for decent performance .
Or you could have the new miniflex with 400psi pump and a hd+sd electro (1799)  ( same spec as a standard enforcer)
Both those options will blow the single vac cub away .

neil 47

« Reply #6 on: July 21, 2019, 10:52:08 am »
I ran a airflex mini for a year or 2 and ran it regularly on 50 ‘ 1”1/2 .

I just found the constant filling and emptying a pain .

I may look into upgrading the vacs as I find them  a very robust machine .

IICRC

john martin

« Reply #7 on: July 21, 2019, 11:46:58 am »
I ran a airflex mini for a year or 2 and ran it regularly on 50 ‘ 1”1/2 .

I just found the constant filling and emptying a pain .

I may look into upgrading the vacs as I find them  a very robust machine .

put the 250psi pump in also if you dont have it  , 
mine is only used for boosting the Enforcer and the odd hard to reach job .
i would say the new airflex small machine is streets ahead with its 2" plumbing and even more rebust design .

kwok

« Reply #8 on: July 22, 2019, 12:14:07 am »
Thank you all guys for your generous help unlike on the other forum, basically if you can't splash out £3k don't be a carpet cleaner and its always buy the Jag, still several Jag cub owners gave negative comments like wastegate is too low, machine easily topples over when dragged, single motor not powerful enough etc.
Saw a Craftex Grace with twin 1500w motors, possibly going for that as it splits, some says bottom part is heavy and some says its easy enough to lift upstairs and both tanks are 70 litres. Will then fit a heater and upgrade pump to 250.
I'm really starting to like this forum and John, you've been really helpful and understanding, cheers bud  :D :D :D

Nobby

« Reply #9 on: July 22, 2019, 08:38:48 am »
I have used a Grace HP for several years and it’s very heavy, it needs a ramp to get it out of the van, it will not go upstairs! I now have an Airflex and an Express these two cover all bases.

kwok

« Reply #10 on: July 22, 2019, 10:36:45 pm »
Hi Nobby
Thanks for your opinion. That model you had is 11kg heavier than the normal 5022 which is 43kg. I would reckon the 5022 bottom half  would be under 30kg

Nobby

« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2019, 06:08:01 pm »
Kwock, I think I still have the HD Grace in my lockup, it’s not been used for 4 years and I think it needs a new vac motor. The extra weight is the 800psi pump which could be changed. If you’re interested make me an offer and it could be yours.  I’d need to dig it out and check it over.

kwok

« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2019, 08:47:00 pm »
Hi Nobby
How much you want if less the wand, pump and hose or much if you still have the wand and hose ?
Thanks

Nobby

« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2019, 09:36:06 pm »
I will need to check it but I think one vacuum needs replacing, no wands or hoses and if you don’t want the 800 psi pump I’ll take it out and you can have it for £100.

kwok

« Reply #14 on: July 24, 2019, 01:03:14 am »
£100 for the machine ?

Nobby

« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2019, 08:16:00 am »
£100 for the machine with no pump and one vac but as I say I will need to check it over as I haven’t seen it for 4 years! If you’re interested let me have your email address and I’ll contact you when I have more information.

kwok

« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2019, 10:50:37 am »
Hi Nobby
Yes interested , absolutely .
You can remove the other motor if you like as ill probably be fitting everything new.
I have a request though, i live up in glasgow, can i arrange a courier and would it be possible if you can wrap it on a small pallet. ? Ill pay you another £50..

Thanks a million

Nobby

« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2019, 11:47:05 am »
Yes, can do. Let me have your email address as I’m sure the other guys on here don’t want to read about our private transaction any more!

kwok

« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2019, 12:15:24 pm »
Excellent .
My email is mche1997@yahoo.com

Thanks again mate