This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

CN

New startup cleaning service
« on: July 15, 2019, 03:37:26 pm »
Hello everyone, i would really need your advice as experienced business owners.
I am just starting a cleaning business as a sole trader( thinking of registering it later in future). I haven't gotten a customer yet, waiting for my printed flyers to arrive. Please i would like to know how to advertise, meet potential clients especially from offices, pubs and also commercial places. Also, i just placed advert for hiring staff, i was thinking of hiring them as self employed. They pay their own NIC & TAX, i get the contract, but they will be under contract with me so as not to lose my clients.
I do need guidelines please. Thank you all

dustee

Re: New startup cleaning service
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2019, 09:24:48 pm »
If you have self employed staff the work solely for you then their deemed to be employed by you , so you're  responsible for tax insurance etc

John Olaye

« Reply #2 on: July 18, 2019, 03:32:54 pm »
Hi,
I would not recommend hiring any staff until you have a job for them.
Concentrate on getting your first client, do the cleaning yourself and move on from there.
This has work for me. We now employ 12 staff.
All the best. Nothing is impossible!
😎

Alv

« Reply #3 on: October 03, 2019, 08:14:33 am »
Hi,
I would not recommend hiring any staff until you have a job for them.
Concentrate on getting your first client, do the cleaning yourself and move on from there.
This has work for me. We now employ 12 staff.
All the best. Nothing is impossible!

I had part time employees from day 1 and I always only focused on bringing more business rather than to be all in one so I'd say it is always depending as there will always be different strategies for different people.