This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

more skipped cleans than usual.......
« on: July 11, 2019, 03:34:57 pm »
£200 down in 2 weeks due to skipped cleans........mainly because of building work which is fair enough,but its when the neighbours skip too!(esp if their on an 8 weekly frequency)....im 2 weeks behind schedule due to holidays  so these jobs wont be getting cleaned for at least 18 weeks now.... ::)roll ;D

ive never known so many customers having extensions, renovations,driveways,etc........
price higher/work harder!

Shrek

Re: more skipped cleans than usual.......
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2019, 03:52:02 pm »
Iv had quite a lot asking to reschedule due to holidays- no skips yet though  8)

Splash & dash

« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2019, 06:00:55 pm »
£200 down in 2 weeks due to skipped cleans........mainly because of building work which is fair enough,but its when the neighbours skip too!(esp if their on an 8 weekly frequency)....im 2 weeks behind schedule due to holidays  so these jobs wont be getting cleaned for at least 18 weeks now.... ::)roll ;D

ive never known so many customers having extensions, renovations,driveways,etc........

So you are a part time part time window cleaner now 😂😂

Phil J

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2019, 06:14:56 pm »

So you are a part time part time window cleaner now 😂😂
He is anyway, Splash!

robbo333

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2019, 06:19:54 pm »
I think nowadays it's cheaper (and definitely easier) to have an extension, rather than to move.
I've got a few too.
"Thank you for calling: if you have a 1st floor flat, mid terraced house, lots of dogs, no parking, no side access, or no sense of humour, please press hold!
For all other enquiries, please press1"

« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2019, 06:44:10 pm »
I think nowadays it's cheaper (and definitely easier) to have an extension, rather than to move.
I've got a few too.
I blame brexit.

deeege

« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2019, 07:20:17 pm »

Don’t you do your round A-Z Daz? Surely when you get a last minute ‘not today’ you just bring one of tomorrow’s jobs forward? If that’s the case you won’t be £200 down, you’ll be exactly the same financially.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2019, 07:43:16 pm »

Don’t you do your round A-Z Daz? Surely when you get a last minute ‘not today’ you just bring one of tomorrow’s jobs forward? If that’s the case you won’t be £200 down, you’ll be exactly the same financially.

i would do but im working  different areas tomorrow mate.......

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2019, 07:48:38 pm »
just had another skipped clean tonight........"can we leave it tomorrow Darren as we re away"......not been for 10 weeks so itll be another 8 weeks till im round again......bloody marvelous!theyll be like a first clean next time! ::)roll ;D

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2019, 07:57:42 pm »

im still £200 down though because im several jobs short by the end of the month than i would normally clean,its swings and roundabouts as i normally pick up a few add on jobs but not many lately and the ones that do enquire think im too expensive!(although i think im reasonable and fair with pricing)......not picked up many new window cleaning jobs either lately....

deeege

« Reply #10 on: July 11, 2019, 08:45:09 pm »

im still £200 down though because im several jobs short by the end of the month than i would normally clean,its swings and roundabouts as i normally pick up a few add on jobs but not many lately and the ones that do enquire think im too expensive!(although i think im reasonable and fair with pricing)......not picked up many new window cleaning jobs either lately....

Oh right I thought when you got to Z you just started the round over again, I guess you have a few days off before starting over again.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2019, 08:59:35 am »

Oh right I thought when you got to Z you just started the round over again, I guess you have a few days off before starting over again.

no......i start back the very next week(so a 4 weekly job could be cleaned twice in the same month)....

Dave Willis

« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2019, 12:26:43 pm »
Did you tell them about your five star holiday to Mexico, your new drumkit, your VWGolf or your hot system ......... just a thought!

jonboywalton75

« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2019, 01:08:35 pm »
Did you tell them about your five star holiday to Mexico, your new drumkit, your VWGolf or your hot system ......... just a thought!

That's exactly why they think he's expensive.
He tells them about all his stuff/holidays etc.

Stoots

« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2019, 02:20:48 pm »
I get skippers every week.

Best just to fill your books slightly more than you need.

So add 1 or 2 jobs extra per day or if you are 4 weekly get a few extra days worth per cycle so in effect you are always behind.

Ive just been away for a week, so if i got 50 skippers this week coming it would make no difference at all.

nathankaye

« Reply #15 on: July 12, 2019, 03:13:01 pm »
Nope, rarely happens.
The odd time I may get a text back from a customer who I let knew I was coming (for the gate to be unlocked) and they may say their on holiday and if I can skip the clean.  Yet this happens rarely and isn't a problem.   If it's an eight weekly customer, he/she will just get rebooked for 4wks time rather than another 8.  Its not a big deal really.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Rayleigh Window Cleaning Services

« Reply #16 on: July 12, 2019, 03:48:14 pm »
To be honest I welcome a skipper here and there.

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: July 12, 2019, 07:14:35 pm »

i told them i was going to north wales in a static caravan for a couple of weeks...... ;D

P @ F

« Reply #18 on: July 13, 2019, 11:07:49 pm »
The only skipper on my round is me  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

AuRavelling79

« Reply #19 on: July 13, 2019, 11:54:47 pm »
I don't accept holidays as reasons to skip.
It's a game of three halves!