This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Crystal-clear

Most economical printer please
« on: July 07, 2019, 10:50:42 am »
Can someone recommend me to the most economical printer currently paying £30 for a cartridge and the printer cost was £35...
Cheers

colin bird

Re: Most economical printer please
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2019, 11:06:16 am »
I used to also pay lots for my printer cartridges from a shop,I now buy from e bay,there not genuine cartridges,but I have not had a problem.
I used to pay £18 for one from a shop,I now pay £3.99 for two

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2019, 11:27:03 am »
Yep. Epson brand all the way for me.  Been with them for decades, never got on well with others.

Buy cartridge set for a few quid on ebay.   Never had a problem.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Pete Thompson

« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2019, 01:15:00 pm »
Buy a laser printer. Costs more to buy, but MUCH less to run.

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2019, 02:01:24 pm »
Laser printer - we can get new toner sets for around 45 quid

stopped using epson as the latest ones won't work with lookie likey eBay ones

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Crystal-clear

« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2019, 05:14:06 pm »
Thx (ordered a cart from ebay well see .. however whats a good laser printer to buy
cheers.

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2019, 05:25:17 pm »
I bought 500ml of black ink off ebay for about a fiver and ive been refilling my cartridge for a couple of years and theres still half left!

Spruce

« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2019, 07:14:35 am »
Can someone recommend me to the most economical printer currently paying £30 for a cartridge and the printer cost was £35...
Cheers

Its the old catch story. Sell your printers for a loss and make your profit on the ink cartridges.

In my power tool days Hilti did the same thing. Hilti mainly used to sell concrete anchors into the building industry. They gave the machine away to fit the anchors or drill the holes with every order over a certain value. The anchors are very expensive and well covered the cost of the give away machine. The Hilti accessories only fit their machine.

I see a parallel in the printer industry here.

The only reason I keep with my very old HP deskjet 490C printer is that I can refill the cartridges myself. At £42.29 for a genuine HP 15 cartridge I will keep doing that as long as I can.

Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

deeege

« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2019, 08:03:00 am »
Go to prink.co.uk and get after market cartridges. I’ve been doing this for 5+ years and they are every bit as good as the manufacturer cartridges.

The print cartridge industry is a borderline scam.
"....and it's lend me ten pounds, I'll buy you a drink, and mother wake me early in the morning."

slap bash

« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2019, 05:15:54 pm »
I have a brother with an endless ink cost. Cost me 45 quid for the last   5 years and  And I print  all     
 my leaflets.