This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

pikeman

Had a complaint.
« on: July 04, 2019, 08:16:27 pm »
Just had a phone call off a long term customer. Apparantly there are loads of water marks and black bits on the cills.  Soon as i got there noticed she had all new units because they use to be leaded. not new windows just the units. As i was cleaning did notice some of the rubber seals where loose.  I  imagine the water has got behind and run down the glass when ive come away. Going back tomorrow to sort it. Did give them an extra flush through as thought there might be a problem.  I think this may be an on going thing so i will probably politely dump.

Smudger

Re: Had a complaint.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2019, 09:25:18 pm »
spray the seals with TFR and scrub like hell - they will bleed black for a few minutes then stop - it will also remove any grease lubricant used while installing after that they will be fine

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

pikeman

« Reply #2 on: July 04, 2019, 10:34:18 pm »
Thanks darran  got no tfr but got some virisol. so will try that. To be honest feel like just cleaning the glass so acceptable then walk away only a 8 pound job underpriced really. But lovely elderly lady always opens gate etc. So think ill spend an hour tomorrow and try and get them right.

Dry Clean

« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2019, 11:32:27 pm »
There are just some windows that never come up right using WFP try giving them another go , explain this to the customer and walk away if they still don't come up right.

pikeman

« Reply #4 on: July 05, 2019, 05:18:18 am »
Yes dry clean that's what I'll do. Got a feeling now the seals have been moved they'll always be a problem. I'll give them a good flushing later and and see.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: July 05, 2019, 07:05:56 pm »
Thanks darran  got no tfr but got some virisol. so will try that. To be honest feel like just cleaning the glass so acceptable then walk away only a 8 pound job underpriced really. But lovely elderly lady always opens gate etc. So think ill spend an hour tomorrow and try and get them right.

old lady or not i wouldnt spend an hour trying to get them right for £8....maybe my heart is  not as big as yours mate!
price higher/work harder!

pikeman

« Reply #6 on: July 05, 2019, 07:55:02 pm »
I am too soft daz lol. Anyway went and had a look it was mainly the front they were terrible. couldn't be just the seals there were water marks all over the glass. never seen windows so bad. The gutters above the windows where full of dry detriment. So i think although it was not windy the breeze blowed  the stuff onto the wet glass. To make it worse the windows are now leaking so could only give them a slight clean with the water turned down. Any how told her she will need a traditional cleaner. offered her the money back but said no. so left on reasonable terms. feel sorry for her though she paid 2000 pounds for all the units and now some are leaking. Shes getting in touch with the fitters. Most likely pick another two custies up tomorrow lol.

Plankton

« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2019, 02:52:45 pm »
I looked at getting a new glazing unit (the glass) a few years back and there was a debate about the width of the glazing being around +2mm of a difference. So if I went ahead the new glass could have been too narrow which sound like this post.

pikeman

« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2019, 04:20:17 pm »
That's right plankton been talking to a friend of mine whose a window fitter and he says that's the problem. doesn't explain why the front windows were so bad though. They were covered in spots. something must of blowed  on them when i came away. Just coincidence she had units changed and that happened. Been cleaning them for a few years never had a problem.