This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

mgba_78

Managing daily work schedules
« on: July 02, 2019, 11:11:11 pm »
At present we manage our work schedules using excel spreadsheets for each day we work. Address, paid, owed column and price.  When a day is done its just copied and pasted to the next month's work book.

Now in the next few months were going be hopefully at 1k customers, this is as you can imagine or even know can be quite labour intensive and occasionally a job may not copy (bottom of a long sheet etc)  over due to our error.

Now I know there are specific software's aimed for window cleaners but what exactly are our options and how do they work, will they save us time and is it worth using a specific programme  rather than our current excel spreadsheet set up?

Any experiences of using a specific programme would help

Cheers
Andy

Oooooo that is shiny!!

Stoots

Re: Managing daily work schedules
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2019, 11:24:31 pm »
Probably best to just try them and find out for yourself.

But yes they should save you time. But of course there is a learning curve.

Cleaner planner
Aworka
Squeegee
George

Are the ones I can think of but there may be more.

I've used them all, although I only used aworka briefly

My favourite is cleaner planner but everyone will have an opinion

Just try them and see for yourself

dazmond

« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2019, 08:18:51 am »
ive used george and cleaner planner....

cleaner planner is great,its a very easy round software to use,virtually effortless,smooth and flexible with enough features to satisfy most window cleaning businesses from a sole trader to larger businesses with many employees.....
price higher/work harder!

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2019, 08:19:41 am »
I think you have done very well managing that database on excel

The specific software mentioned do so much more than just shedule work you will either love them, embrace them and wonder why you didn't use them before or find them a pain because they work so differently from what you do now

My vote is for cleaner planner

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Simon Trapani

« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2019, 12:39:05 pm »
aworka for me

David Beecroft

« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2019, 02:17:31 pm »
I also used excel for a lot of years for everything related to the business. As you say, very labour intensive. Not having any experience with online software I couldn’t see what difference it would make. But I took the plunge 3 years ago and went with Aworka. I now wouldn’t revert back, the difference is massive. Don’t get me wrong, you still have work to do and I still keep an annual excel workbook to keep a cash flow record etc. But I can’t emphasise the benefits enough once you learn how to use it. Others will say that cleaner planner is even better, I can’t comment on that except to say Aworka is far cheaper and it seems, according to posts on here that since cleaner planner has gone to the USA the support isn’t as good.
Let us know how you get on.

mgba_78

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 09:48:57 pm »
Cheers guys, im getting its a worth while thing to do and kick excel into touch

We're at bursting point now and looking very soon to add another van and an employee  so need to get something to aid us in time saving, accuracy etc etc

What scares us is the initial inputting of all our current customers details, and then what happens if a job was to be done but for what ever reason it doesnt get done, how is this managed within the program you use?? 

I suppose i could download a programme and input a few days work and see how it goes, but i dont really wanna do this for 2, 3 or even 4 options lol, maybe im just lazy lol

Cheers
Oooooo that is shiny!!

Smudger

« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 09:56:21 pm »
Any job not done shows as overdue

if you ask they maybe able to import your data - depends on how well the excel is set up

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Stoots

« Reply #8 on: July 03, 2019, 10:13:34 pm »
I wouldn't want the task of adding a thousand customers manually  :o

Ooooooog

« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2019, 06:13:29 am »
I wouldn't want the task of adding a thousand customers manually  :o

I had to do 3600 recently ;D

David Beecroft

« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2019, 07:44:40 am »
I sent my customer records on excel to the guys at Aworka and they did all the transferring of data. It took over a week as far as I can remember but that was within the 30 day trial, before I’d even committed to it. Shifting jobs is easy, just a case of a left click and hold on the mouse and dragging it to the date you want. Or alternatively one or two mouse clicks on an icon and move the whole day, week or month.