This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Temple cleaning services

Water TDS help please!!!!
« on: July 01, 2019, 08:37:37 pm »
Hi, I noticed my tds going up to about 005 so I changed my pre filters, softener and resin like I always do. Straight after my TDS normally is 000 and sorted for quite a while but it shot upto about 010. So I assumed my ro membrane was ready for a swap (2 years). I’ve done that but instead of reading 000 it’s back up above 010. My question is have I instantly knackered my softener and resin because I didn’t change to ro first? Any help would be much appreciated!!

Bungle

Re: Water TDS help please!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2019, 09:29:07 pm »
010 after RO or 010 after resin? RO won't give you 000. Your post is slightly confusing.
We look at them, they look through them.

Temple cleaning services

« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2019, 09:32:59 pm »
Bungle any chance you would mind giving me a quick call on 07921506667? If you know a bit about this stuff it would put my mind at rest!! Sorry to be cheeky!

AuRavelling79

« Reply #3 on: July 01, 2019, 10:43:06 pm »
Hi, I noticed my tds going up to about 005 so I changed my pre filters, softener and resin like I always do. Straight after my TDS normally is 000 and sorted for quite a while but it shot upto about 010. So I assumed my ro membrane was ready for a swap (2 years). I’ve done that but instead of reading 000 it’s back up above 010. My question is have I instantly knackered my softener and resin because I didn’t change to ro first? Any help would be much appreciated!!

If your resin is the same stuff (unchanged) from before you swapped the membrane then yes you have knackered the resin.
It's a game of three halves!

Dry Clean

« Reply #4 on: July 01, 2019, 10:48:15 pm »
The first thing you need to check is the TDS coming from the membrane, run it for a while first, this will tell you if the new membrane is working ok,  chances are you have got a bad batch of resin and have changed your first membrane when it was still ok.

CraigDowney

« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2019, 11:18:50 pm »
Have you made sure the hoses are going into the di the right way.
Today is the good old days of the future... Enjoy today tomorrow can only be worse

Bungle

« Reply #6 on: July 03, 2019, 07:39:31 pm »
Did you sort it?
We look at them, they look through them.

nathankaye

Re: Water TDS help please!!!! New
« Reply #7 on: July 03, 2019, 08:36:59 pm »
When you swap your pre filters etc, it's wise to leave your system to run for a good while and let all the loose particles run through etc, hence your readings.
Or
Flush it, if you have a flush valve.

It's also worth noting, not to get into a panic and then start making rookie mistakes because of 2nd guessing things. It will be fine!   Though, don't fall into this trap of thinking 005 isn't going to clean the windows as good and leave spotting! Trust me, it won't!    My water goes in at just short of 300 tds and leaves the RO between 006 n 009 (can't recall which one it is, as I haven't had the need to check for a good while) and I haven't used resin for such a long time now. It fills up my ibc tank and I transfer it to the van and go work.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk