This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

JandS

Univalve maintenance.
« on: June 17, 2019, 04:20:32 pm »
How do you take apart a univalve....sure I saw a video of how to maintain them that involved taking them apart?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

JandS

Re: Univalve maintenance.
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2019, 04:58:10 pm »
How does it come apart?

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2019, 05:18:36 pm »
That's the easy part. The hard bit is getting the o clips off without damage to the plastic.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2019, 05:19:59 pm »
Pair of pliers and squeeze the top part a bit to realese the clip and pull
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Slash

« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2019, 05:23:45 pm »
You don't  need to take the o clips off,get a pliers and push down on the two coloured square pins of the univalve.
It should slide out but make sure the inside mechanism lines up when sliding it back in.

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2019, 05:28:11 pm »
You don't  need to take the o clips off,get a pliers and push down on the two coloured square pins of the univalve.
It should slide out but make sure the inside mechanism lines up when sliding it back in.

Yep. Correct.  I tried tried when I needed to replace the hose it was connected too.   It's a bugger to remove the clips

JandS

« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2019, 05:49:50 pm »
Can't get both pins pushed in together.
I've put a spare one on pole but want to service the old one.

Jonny 87

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2019, 05:54:09 pm »
P@f is the man!

He did a good video on it. Can’t find it though? 🧐
Vision Technician / Visual Engineer /  Vision Enhancement Operative /...........................................................OnlyUseMeWFP AkA Jonny the Windy Wesher

JandS

« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2019, 06:05:10 pm »
Done it.

dazmond

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2019, 06:11:25 pm »
ive had my univalve  for years and never had to do anything to it......so what do you do when you take it apart?give it a good clean and a quick spray of WD40 or something similar then put it back together?
price higher/work harder!

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #10 on: June 17, 2019, 06:16:15 pm »
ive had my univalve  for years and never had to do anything to it......so what do you do when you take it apart?give it a good clean and a quick spray of WD40 or something similar then put it back together?

Yep that's about it unless orings need replacing.   Mine after 2 years at started to stick and failed to recoil after a pull to turn off water.

P @ F

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 08:05:56 am »
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 08:17:57 am »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBSXX1aV-BM

Bit late !

Now I know why no one could find it.   Maybe rename the video.  :D

Spruce

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 08:38:52 am »
The only thing you can do with it is to lubricate the larger of the 2 'o' rings inside with a little silicone grease or petroleum jelly.

I haven't been able to source a replacement 'o' ring. Steve has had the forethought to make the 'o' ring a none standard size.  ;D. I'm sure it can be made to order in quantity.

I have only taken mine apart twice, once to lubricate the 'o' ring and the other time was to reseat the tiny 'o' ring on the end of the plunger.  TBH, if the 'o' ring has worn to such an extent that its leaking then my guess is that its better to replace the whole unit.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

P @ F

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 09:04:16 am »
If you put “Univalve service “ into CIU search it’s the first result , but then I knew that  ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Michael Peterson

« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2019, 07:52:43 pm »
take o clips off by snipping across little bits from the edge loke scissors

Splash & dash

« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2019, 09:36:34 pm »

Lol wd40 inside the univalve isn’t a good idear you will be transferring it to the glass , silicon grease should always be used on o rings as it will stay on the o ring and not end up on the glass 

KS Cleaning

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2019, 09:42:33 pm »
It’s ok Daz uses hot water so it just melts the WD40 away😉

Lol wd40 inside the univalve isn’t a good idear you will be transferring it to the glass , silicon grease should always be used on o rings as it will stay on the o ring and not end up on the glass