Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

Re: Hot water users
« Reply #20 on: June 14, 2019, 05:54:52 pm »
Now now Daz !
My cheap diesel has let me down once in 6 months and with only a glow plug failure at that, which was my fault as I am combustion tuning it at the moment , they are only meant to run at 5.5Hz tops , my controller lets me crank it up to 8 Hz so I banged it up to 7 Hz and was getting 60c on demand , sadly it melted the tip of the plug  ;D
Only one way to learn and all that  ::)roll

fair play richy......i know your a tinkerer,its people like you who end up coming up with new ideas and inventions.....im not,i havent got the talent,interest or inclination....im just an animal who cleans windows,lifts weights and bashes drums...... ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #21 on: June 14, 2019, 06:19:43 pm »
Thanks fellas for the replies.

I ask because i have run gas boilers which do get the water hot.

I also have an immersion in my storage tank in the garage(wired up properly on 16amp with rcd)
This keeps me running over the colder frosty months.

I live on the coast with lots of salty windows coated in seagull cak.

i have just gone round with a customer price increase.
But am thinking of raising a bit more in time.
If Dazs calculations are correct this could pay for itself soon rather than being a luxury as i know some say it is.

Tris

this is my findings after 18 months of using a diesel heater tris......

if your getting a brand new one fitted by the likes of grippatank i would install it into a new van(or nearly new)that you plan on keeping for many years....

it was a 25th anniversary present to myself....i also used to use gas heaters.......diesel is so much safer and more reliable!PLUS you dont have to worry about anything freezing in winter as they come with a frost stat feature built in if you get a grippa heater..... 8)

also no more unscrewing the drain screw on cold nights or heater going out on a windy day!,no more changing gas bottles!bliss.....just press a button before you set off for work in the morning and you ve got hot water for your first job of the day......

Dave Willis

« Reply #22 on: June 14, 2019, 07:16:49 pm »
I can make a window to discuss your 21st Century asset innovation.

Dry Clean

« Reply #23 on: June 14, 2019, 10:44:41 pm »
each to their own.....do what you want......even if it costs me £1500 a year(diesel to heat water,cost of system over 10 years and parts,servicing,etc)....its only money.....we ll all be dead in a few years anyway..... ;D

if i was a 25k a year window cleaner i wouldnt have bought a diesel heater...too expensive but im not.....im a £45k a year window cleaner(at present)and my earnings are just gonna go up year on year in the future.....

Ralphie

« Reply #24 on: June 15, 2019, 07:11:34 am »
But back to topic , mine cost £250 for the machine and £2.50 a day to run , as for parts I now have a UK supplier , here is a small selection of consumables in the event of a Daz !

Not too good on social media so how do I look them up on FB

Dry Clean

« Reply #25 on: June 15, 2019, 07:31:20 am »
Thanks fellas for the replies.

I ask because i have run gas boilers which do get the water hot.

I also have an immersion in my storage tank in the garage(wired up properly on 16amp with rcd)
This keeps me running over the colder frosty months.

I live on the coast with lots of salty windows coated in seagull cak.

i have just gone round with a customer price increase.
But am thinking of raising a bit more in time.
If Dazs calculations are correct this could pay for itself soon rather than being a luxury as i know some say it is.

Tris

Tris it makes a welcome change to read a post from somebody that could actually benefit from using hot, personally I wouldn't listen to the hobby shiners on here, take a business approach and do a time and motion study to compare the time and effort saving/difference using both cold and hot, from that you could work out if the diesel heater is cost effective.

P @ F

« Reply #26 on: June 15, 2019, 07:49:45 am »
But back to topic , mine cost £250 for the machine and £2.50 a day to run , as for parts I now have a UK supplier , here is a small selection of consumables in the event of a Daz !

Not too good on social media so how do I look them up on FB

Just search “Diesel keep you warm”
However the original heater has been converted , it’s not an out of the box job !
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

Ralphie

« Reply #27 on: June 15, 2019, 08:24:21 am »
Cheers

NWH

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2019, 01:48:08 pm »
I had my 5kw heater for nearly 13 years yes and the only reason it ever stopped working was due to battery issues,I changed the burner once at 12 years but to be honest only did it because I thought this was due to lack of temperature is was giving me on on the water side of things.
Well worth the money as I’ve said countless times I will be getting mine serviced due to it being under warranty once a year though,my recommendation would be definitely get the 9kw heater or the 2 man it sometimes goes as,the water is piping hot and I mean to hot to change the brush head on the end of the gooseneck with the water coming out the jets and going over you’re fingers.

dazmond

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2019, 03:59:39 pm »
another thing very hot pure water is good for.....cleaning off leaves stuck to windows and bird muck on frames,as im 2 weeks behind my usual schedule theres quite a lot of this on my customers windows....it used to take me ages scrubbing them with cold water! ::)roll...tomorrow ive also got one of the worst first cleans  to do on a new job i picked up today,their minging! ;D