Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

kinder clean

Proof of Flyer Delivery Using GPS Trackers
« on: May 30, 2019, 07:10:03 pm »
Have just been looking at some flyer delivery companies online and noticed some of them are now using GPS trackers on employees to ensure deliveries are being made. The tracking data is recorded showing exact routes very accurately including date and time lines.

I've seen some devices on Amazon and wondered if anyone else has gone down this route and could recommend a decent unit to buy.

Seems like a good idea as getting flyers delivered reliably these days is difficult. Just explain upfront about the GPS tracking and they will only get paid upon downloading of data to prove they've done the job.

No more flyer dumping ?   :o

Cheers Paul

Mike Halliday

Re: Proof of Flyer Delivery Using GPS Trackers
« Reply #1 on: May 30, 2019, 07:32:12 pm »
I used to use map my walk, an app that maps the route. They  download the app onto their phone

But I find it easier just to record steps taken,  I employ a 16yr girl who screen shots her steps to show the time she has worked and how many steps she has taken. I I know she worked 3 hrs and walked continuously 15k steps within those 3 hrs. She might dump the leaflets but why, she still would have to walk the same distance.

Steps taken is a better way to measure delivery because I want the leaflets to go out to big detached house which have big driveways so less leaflets go out but to better value homes.

Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

dustee

« Reply #2 on: May 30, 2019, 08:15:56 pm »
Still doesn't  stop them posting several through the same door , that why I like to deliver them myself , then I know where they go

Mike Halliday

« Reply #3 on: May 30, 2019, 09:07:39 pm »
Still doesn't  stop them posting several through the same door , that why I like to deliver them myself , then I know where they go

If they realise they don’t need to deliver a set number of leaflets then they have no reason to post multiple leaflets.

We leaflet a lot of little villages with homes very spread out so the amount of leaflets delivered is lower but the job values are higher. If I paid per 1000 leaflets delivered then they would deliver to homes which are close together like terraced house.

dustee

« Reply #4 on: May 31, 2019, 10:26:44 pm »
If they realise they don’t need to deliver a set number of leaflets then they have no reason to post multiple leaflets

Then they just go in the bin at the end of the road

If I deliver then I know exactly where they go and save on cost , beside it's good exercise for the wife  and cheaper than the gym

Mike Halliday

« Reply #5 on: June 01, 2019, 06:27:12 am »
Your  proberbly right

I’ll Stop doing them like this.