Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Les

Re: waterless car cleaning
« Reply #20 on: March 28, 2004, 10:16:34 pm »
Hi all,
I don't wish to be involved in any 'Mud Slinging'  :o. I always believed that this site was launched with the idea of helping each other out where we can, it's a tough old world out there and we don't need to be arguing with colleagues in the same line of work  :-X
That said, I did ask about samples of the No Water products, simply because I was willing to give them a try. I was told that they weren't available as 'Freebies' because everyone asked for them but no-one bothered to respond or order afterwards.....'Hullo'  ??? that said to me 2 things, are the products not any good hence no-one ordering them and secondly, don't wait for people to respond...contact them and get their opinions ! If they are positive, ask for an order, if they are negative, deal with the issues and move on.
I couldn't afford to purchase a sample of every product offered to me on the promise that it's the best thing since sliced bread.
Incidentally 3 companies from this site have provided samples to me, all did what they said on the tin, and all 3 have received orders and reccomendations from me.
So stick with it those of you with products to sell, if they're good and you go about it the right way...you'll reap the rewards in the end  ;) :D ;D
All the best
Les

DP

« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2004, 09:10:34 pm »
Musicman, your way way off, which is evident by your post, and sorry I have no intension of running an errand for you ref the evidence, that’s your job if you choose to argue the issue, I’m quite happy with my own statement thanks, but it makes great reading and you should find it quite interesting. Watch this space!

re-NWNW:
First of all whether we profess to sell or not, if you come onto a forum like this saying all good things about a product as a new thread, then that’s exactly what your doing (which is perfectly ok) and most people will realise that. Lyn says "this is not advertising" well it sure seems that way to me. However Lyn then goes on to say "I’m just a woman that demos" (which or course eliminates her from all areas of sales and advertising, or am I wrong on this).

The one thing I hate is sacrificial selling (this is the act of slagging off each others service or product in favour of your own) If the new service or product is any good in the first place it wouldn’t need these cheap tactics. The only time those comparisons are deemed ethical is in price.

Now the most dangerous tactic is Auto Suggestion used in sales pitches and one the Americans love. (this is the act of suggesting a problem and then offering the cure) although not a problem in itself, until you add the guilt factor, leaving somebody feeling guilty about either who they are or any part of their normal life, all for the sake of profit.

The facts on shortages maybe real, but using them this way its both immoral and unethical . With regards to the so called personal insult, I think you need to read back and see if  you can find the clue to the point being made, if you cant I can always re- do the post using smaller words if it helps, however  I will apologise for thinking that you were just using it as a mis- quote to bolster your own image (after all that would just be shallow), I can now see where the problem might be.

"No water"  products maybe very good and have their uses in their own right,  if you already use them then you will know the benefits, if you need the comfort factor of thinking that its  saving the world then that’s great. If you need to sell them, well we all have to make a living but why stoop to slagging other products off or using the oh so commercially worn out global issue by trying to make profit from it and then tell everyone how concerned you are, as I said commercial bull.

Always surprises me how people view reality, however  for the egotists and self denials I know of another place its great everybody thinks the same because they are all professionals apparently (I must look that word up again).
Everyone seems normal untill you get to know them!

replacement

« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2004, 09:29:21 pm »
That was nice reading there DP just wish a few other compaines take that info onboard.

Justin

gibbouk

« Reply #23 on: April 02, 2004, 10:03:45 am »
i am one of the people who complains about these sort of posts. they chip in on posts with their product and no other help. check out their old posts and see what they have said in the past. its like cut and paste heaven. i see the professional reatailers on here they answer questions and their only advert is the  line at the bottom of the post and they dont hide behind a screen name.

DP

« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2004, 11:15:29 am »
Hi gibbouk
Apologies but you lost me just a little there, who are you referring to in particular?

i.e. who are you agreeing or disagreeing with or which post or person?

Many Thanks
DP  ;)

gibbouk

« Reply #25 on: April 05, 2004, 11:41:01 am »
i dont give a damn about waterless car cleaning and who is right and wrong. the problem i have is people who feel that an answer to someones question is a sales pitch. now the thing seems to be to do it under cover ie. "this is not me but i know a great product or i have found this great supplier" i have not seen this since i got mugged by amway salesmen

DP

« Reply #26 on: April 07, 2004, 06:06:01 am »
Ah right that clarifies it a bit more.
It’s curious you mention Amway as I too was a victim some 25 years ago and noticed a large number of similarities with the Waterless (as in Mr Waterless) structure, however these similarities would no doubt be easily justified by those who sell the products as trained.

gibbouk

« Reply #27 on: April 07, 2004, 10:09:32 pm »
i went to a recruitment meeting it was so funny. the only person who makes money was the top man everyone else had their wedding suits on trying to look sucessful. mention saturation sales point and they get all worried

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #28 on: April 10, 2004, 08:31:07 pm »
I did not make my million out of Amway either.

That was about 25 years ago also.

However I did learn about Direct Marketing.

Positive Mental Attitude etc.

Splashgroup

« Reply #29 on: April 10, 2004, 09:26:36 pm »
Oh dear , trouble at the mill .

Sorry to see that Gary rose to the occasion, but he does have a point about the samples.....people can be so rude. Why not in future say they can have as many samples as they like but they must pay for carriage via courier by Credit card NOW, you will then solve the problem of givin "Free Bees" out to "Tyre Kickers" only genuine people will take you up on it.  We know it works because thats just what we do.

And as for cheap products I feel as long as the Valeter is experienced enough He/She will be able to achieve a similar result.

The Great One

« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2004, 10:14:43 pm »
Hi Guys

I was thinking about the waterless concept for some time and finally contacted gary at waterless.

the literiture was on the mat the next day and i then spent £53 on the samples (didn't even ask for freebies)
Used the products on my car and i have to say I am amazed! never seen it so shiny.

gary took the time out to visit me and do the demo for me. I am now after a big waterless contract (fingers crossed) the site was very pleased with the demo and product and gary has done a lot of work behind the scenes.

some people are 'tyre kickers' and will always be that way.

Regards

Martin 8)

DP

« Reply #31 on: May 05, 2004, 03:49:26 am »
Martin.

Does the tyre kicking line come in the Waterless manual or are you that easily influenced.

Try a few seminars when you can, and it wont take long before you really don’t know who you are.

It seems you have mastered the first lesson of sacrificial selling already. Who knows you too could be saving the world soon.

Just thought of a new Waterless catch phrase:
"Tyre kickers aren’t us - but we do clean them"  ;)   

Seriously, I wish you well in your new venture, but try and keep one foot on the ground especially so soon.  

As you say " only £53 on samples and no freebie’s wanted"  I’m both surprised and impressed.  

I really hope it works out for you, all the best

DP

DP

« Reply #32 on: May 05, 2004, 07:03:38 am »
Just a quick note on the freebie thing:
Maybe I have this wrong but isn’t giving out freebies "Marketing Ones Product", and no different to any other form of marketing, all cost money and all require effort.

Of course people will be non responsive that’s people for you, that’s what they do. You don’t hear of people winging over sales calls that don’t come back or turned down quotes.

You don’t give freebies out because you like the person your giving it to, you do it to sell the product. If you feel it doesn’t work then don’t do it, if you feel that it does work then you should be budgeting for it, that’s what people in business do, budget for their marketing costs.

If other companies do and you can’t, that’s competition; we all face that. I find it extremely difficult to understand why people choose to blame everybody else for their own failed marketing tactics or bad judgements.

I really cant see this as anything more then what we all face every day (one way or another) but I am happy to listen if somebody thinks I have it all wrong.

DP

No I have never asked for any free samples.

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #33 on: May 05, 2004, 06:15:41 pm »
I think it depends on how big your company is for giving out freesamples.

I expressed interest in Waterless was offered samples I thought £25.

However not sure its the way I want to go.#

Waterless looks a new company to me not sure how market tested the concept is.

Gary seems ok to me and probably will make a go of it.

Could be an amazing ground floor oportunity.

Martin keep reporting back

The Great One

« Reply #34 on: May 05, 2004, 07:01:11 pm »
Hi Guys

I will report back to let you all know how things are going.

I went after quite a prestigious contract which i am of course hoping to get, gary has been kind enough to help me with it both with figures and practical help.

Waterless use the autobella range who it seems are quite big on the continent, china, austrailia. the product are in my opinion amazing, my car has never looked better.

i feel more sites will be open to the waterless concept as it uses zero water, which as we all know has the councils doing their nut, and can damage the car park/tarmac floor over time.

If it takes off it will of course need staffing and all it's asscoiated problems, so it is eyes wide open for me as i hopefully enter this new phase of business.

as to the whole 'freebie' thing. there are certain people who all they want are freebies and no business can withstand constanly giving out free stuff every time. Although this can be used as a marketing tactic it becomes a very expensive one when there are much cheaper and productive ways to market your product/service.

I of course will try to make this new ventre a successful as i can, it wil;l be a 7 day week operation, wages being the major cost, product cost comes in at about £2 per car, marketing, start up costs.

keep you all posted.

Regards

Martin 8)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #35 on: May 06, 2004, 12:56:03 am »
Martin,

Without knowing anything about the valet market, I thought £12 for a clean seamed high, but is this wax aswell

The Great One

« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2004, 01:44:26 am »
Hi

Update:

heard back from site manager and have an 'agreement in principle (verbal) now waiting for it in writing, hoping to start early july.

The price seems reasonable for an all in one product (clean and protect) people i have asked so far think it is a fair price

Regards

Martin 8)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #37 on: May 06, 2004, 02:50:19 am »
Martin,

Forgot to say good luck. Wasnt sure about protect bit. Thats why I thought £12 a bit high.

Is protection as good as a wax./

OR is it the equilivent to  all in one wash and wax
Hope all goes well for you

The Great One

« Reply #38 on: May 07, 2004, 01:14:51 am »
Thanks for that Ian.

The results so far have been fantastic, my car looks great and done one other and they were very pleased.

Any bird droppings now fall onto the polish not my paint and i've noticed that the rain collects differently on my car and 9 days later is still looking good.

staff here is going to be my biggest problem as i am already finding out

Ce la guerre!
(such is war)

Regards

Martin 8)

Ian Gourlay

« Reply #39 on: May 08, 2004, 11:03:27 pm »
Martin,

Been worrying about your staffing problem.

Can I throw in two ideas.

You say you hope to open in July.

If you get started early July you should be able to pick up Uni Students they would jump at the £8 an hour in the cost projections.

Another source is housewifes  as long as you offer flexiable working.

Dont forget 60 to 75 years  olds.

You might not find them at the job centre, but if you leaflet well maintained houses  outlining your job you should pick up commited people.