This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

rb4no

DIY van mounted pressure washer slider
« on: May 02, 2019, 12:55:59 pm »
hi need some advise, I've a lwb vivaro  with a 650 litre ionics pro 5 mounted.  I'll be moving the filters out to build a static soon.  As a result I'll end up with a bit more space and what I'd like to do is mount my gx390 p washer on a sliding mechanism so i can leave the p washer inside the van and gain access to both ends of it by way of the slider. My initial thoughts were to mount a couple of cantilevers on the side of the ionics frame then attached a sliding mechanism and then the p washer on top of that. I'm presently waiting for a local fabrication firm to quote to have the work done but would like to know if anyone has any experience building something similar with unistrut. I can't find much on unistrut projects other than shelving or cable conduits etc. Any thoughts greatly appreciated.  The idea is if I can mount the p washer in the van then I won't have to spend on a trailer taking up additional space on my driveway etc etc... cheers, dickie

Smudger

Re: DIY van mounted pressure washer slider
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2019, 01:11:45 pm »
My advice is this - how are you feeding water to your machine as you will need a tank for it
also by the time you have the frame, P/W reels etc your going to be well over weight for that van

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Matt.

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2019, 06:20:10 pm »
So it's easy enough to mount ur pressure washer, u can do a quick weld to van body work or u can bolt the washer down if it on a plate easy enough.

I took Darren's advise and looked at ac pressure washers they based in Bolton, I spoke with them meslf and am going up to see them once I get a minute. I will be getting a little hot set up built on frame to be bolted down

I wouldn't bother with all the messing putting the washer on a slider just bolt down, u only need a frame if ur going hot to hold boiler

I been fitting out new van al post pic as I am still deciding were to put things, if I have the room and can fit 2 washers I may bolt pressure washer reel on top of 650 tank and come out side door and 1 out the back am just a bit squeezed for space

I also have asked the guy in wcw to get me a tank out let that will feed the pressure washer aswell as the pumps to save second hole in the tank

rb4no

« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2019, 06:22:44 pm »
I would never go at full capacity with purified water, it’s  just that when I do p washing I have to empty a load of wfp kit preventing me from working on windows or I have to travel back to base which can be miles. I carry a 200l header tank with I just fill up at the customers house.  The reason I want to slide it is because the space doesn’t allow me to get alongside the washer I.e. to the unloaded to regulate the pressure etc..

Matt.

« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2019, 06:29:27 pm »
Ye I understand, but once pressure washer bolted in it won't need moving. In old trafic van I had it up against tank with exhaust facing backwards, but I found I broke the pull string a few times due to angle u pull at so slightly angle it but keep exhaust facing back doors
I would never take it out and I fit my hose reels for wfp to inside of my roof to save space, I been measuring and I think I could bolt 2 strips of metal across top of 650 tank ( trafic van ) and a hose reel for pressure washer will just fit

SB Cleaning

« Reply #5 on: May 02, 2019, 09:58:39 pm »
My advice is this - how are you feeding water to your machine as you will need a tank for it
also by the time you have the frame, P/W reels etc your going to be well over weight for that van

Darran
I wouldn't of thought he would be  well over?
I have a 650 tank in my 2o15 vivaro with a 1oo litre wheelie bin up against tank PW with hose reel mounted in front of that it squeezes in JUST...electric hose reel for WC next to PW....all a bit of a squeeze but everything functions perfectly...I never carry a full 650 litre so hoping I'm just ok with weight :-\

Smudger

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 10:29:11 pm »
only real way is to be honest with yourself and go to a weigh bridge

it may or may not be over weight in gross terms but overloaded on rear axle

its really surprising to underestimate all the bits and pieces such as the tank itself and the frame  ( not just the 650 kg of the water )

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

rb4no

« Reply #7 on: May 03, 2019, 03:23:03 pm »
one of the ideas is to have the slide mounted off of the floor in order to use some space left underneath for storage.  i was thinking of a simple frame made of U shaped steel on it's side, then have a smaller box section frame with castors running within the U section.