Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Mike Halliday

TACCA open day.
« on: April 30, 2019, 06:13:58 am »
I see on Facebook that as usual people are being very slow buying tickets,  leaving it to the last minute. Its not common in our industry to have a  carpet cleaning event so we should all support these days.

People need to pull their finger out and get booked on this great event, if it was not for holiday commitments I would be there.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

RPCCS

Re: TACCA open day.
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2019, 07:25:01 pm »
Where and when is it Mike?
Cheers Rich

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: April 30, 2019, 08:02:15 pm »

JandS

« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2019, 01:23:35 pm »
Maybe it's the £36 entry fee.
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2019, 04:18:05 pm »
I spend 10 times that on drink, cocaine &  prostitutes  every day :D :D

RPCCS

« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2019, 08:25:43 pm »
Too far away and too expensive
Cheers Rich

JandS

« Reply #6 on: May 02, 2019, 08:19:40 pm »
And squander the rest Mike?
Impossible done straight away, miracles can take a little longer.

Simon Gerrard

« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2019, 05:51:58 pm »
It’s been cancelled, not enough tickets sold.

Me and my mate Glyn used to run an even known as The Sunny Day Out.
The idea behind it was that we hired a room at a working men’s club or hotel on the promise that we’d clean the carpet free and everyone brought their truck mounts, portables etc and filled the car park with carpet cleaners vans. We charged a fiver for lunch but no entry fee. Many of the main suppliers showed up with their latest products and demo’d them, no money changed hands. Lots of friendships were made that endure to this day.
The problem when you take the same idea and monetise it then greed takes over. There is absolutely no need whatsoever for the ticket prices being charge by these days for basically the same thing. The NCCA and  The Cleaning Expo is only a fiver on the door.
The reason SDO’s worked was on the back of one word, ‘Community’

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2019, 08:04:55 pm »
The Tacca training day did offer much more as a training exercise compared to the SDO, there’s been politics behind the Tacca day if you look further back from day one (things have never been straight forward with it) but to get people to attend and originally pay £50? it had to be marketed consistently with engaging adverts a lesson to be learned by the Tacca/ncca .

Perhaps a new SDO could be on the cards ?

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: May 10, 2019, 07:10:35 am »
It’s a bit hard to comment on this as it sounds like you are critizing the organiser for their effort, they could have been acting in the interest of the carpet cleaning industry trying to put something back, or was it a profit motivated effort and if it was what’s wrong with that?  do we all not strive to make a profit

I will make some comments which I don’t want to be seen as Criticism.

I think you can give people what they want or give they what you have. if you are charging a premium price you need to give them what they want (if it’s free then you can get away with giving them what you have) to clarify, was the TACCA day full of companies who were willing to give their services and knowledge for free..... so that’s why they were on the programme.  just because  information  is free does not mean people want to hear it.

I mentioned earlier on about attending a Howard partridge seminar that cost in the £100s And the room was packed out, and I think the high cost is the solution, the TACCA day  have cost £350 a ticket and aimed at getting 10 times less people but give that10% what they want. It’s a bit of a sad situation but  can’t cater for your average carpet cleaner because he is not interested in excelling he just wants to plod along happy with his business how it is, they will accept free knowledge but won’t pay

Robert Watson

« Reply #10 on: May 10, 2019, 07:47:11 pm »
Paul Moss gigs in Ryle were the best.
The Kitchen Door Centre