This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve H

New Honda GX 390 pressure washer
« on: April 27, 2019, 01:19:36 pm »
Hi Guys,
For anyone who has one of these or similar, could you let me know the best oil to put into it (came with no oil in it).
The instructions say "10w40 Multi Grade engine oil" Not sure what this means, they didn't seem to sell it in Halfords. I thought it would just be  straight forward ie use a 10w40 synthetic or part synthetic motor oil, as you would buy for your car/van.
Can anyone advise what they use, the one i have is a petrol version.
It also has a 2:1 gearbox, i'm assuming this should already have oil in the gearbox ready to go? Doesn't mention anything about putting oil in the gearbox on the "Quick set up reference guide".
Any help appreciated as i have jobs set up from Monday - can ring the company i bought it from on Monday (closed over the weekend), but wanted to test it out Sunday at home if possible.
Thanks in advance
Steve
If you reach for the stars and only reach the moon, you will have acheived more than you thought you could.

Jonny Swirljet

Roland S

Re: New Honda GX 390 pressure washer
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2019, 05:36:08 pm »
yeah i just use normal synthetic car oil. the pump oil has to be detergent free though, i use the oil for classic cars

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2019, 06:44:03 pm »
Why on earth didn't they supply the oil with it 8) i wouldn't be too happy if I just spent 4 figures on a machine then had to stump up for oil to start it!!  ;D

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 29, 2019, 08:50:39 am »
I would imagine the courier could refuse to transport it with oil in it, but I'd be concerned that it hasn't been test run before sending out.

our last pressure arrived not only fully ready to run with oil but full of petrol as well   ;D - I think the courier would have had a fit if they had known

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: April 29, 2019, 11:04:57 pm »
I would imagine the courier could refuse to transport it with oil in it, but I'd be concerned that it hasn't been test run before sending out.

our last pressure arrived not only fully ready to run with oil but full of petrol as well   ;D - I think the courier would have had a fit if they had known

Darran

They do usually test run them first then drain the fuel and oil before they are sent out