Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Allen J Aldridge

Felt tip pen on carpet
« on: April 24, 2019, 05:48:07 pm »
Hi I've been asked to have a look at a big felt tip pen mark on a carpet. Any suggestions on how to go about this? Thanks 

Evan Smith

Re: Felt tip pen on carpet
« Reply #1 on: May 03, 2019, 05:18:46 pm »
If it's felt tip pen, and a large mark. Might be better to advise going through there insurance.
I doubt you will be able to remove it completely.

Nobby

« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2019, 09:42:03 am »
Chemspec Ink Out has given good results. Prochem do an ink remover which seems to be similar but I haven’t used it yet.

RPCCS

« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2019, 07:06:36 pm »
I got some out after I cleaned the carpet using Chemspec Ink Exit worked easy . Spray on to stain, dab with clean cloth, once its out, rinse and extract. I had to remove it after cleaning as it wasnt visible when I did the survey. After dabbing it out, I just sprayed some clean warm water over from a spray bottle and dab dried with a terry towel
Cheers Rich

john martin

« Reply #4 on: May 05, 2019, 12:51:13 pm »
if you carry , acetone , isopropyl , and low odor white spirit with u on the van ...   those three will cover most inks , makeup etc
along with just general detergent , if its not coming out with those three ... your probably screwwd ....    after that your going bleaching and dyeing.

dustee

« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2019, 11:57:32 pm »
If not knowing how to use acetone , isopropyl etc in the first place then your going to f! someone's carpet up

Steve_Knight

« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2019, 04:16:01 am »
if you carry , acetone , isopropyl , and low odor white spirit with u on the van ...   those three will cover most inks , makeup etc
along with just general detergent , if its not coming out with those three ... your probably screwwd ....    after that your going bleaching and dyeing.

Hi John
Where can these products be purchased from?

john martin

« Reply #7 on: May 20, 2019, 07:52:34 pm »
low odour white spirit ... B&q , homebase etc
The other two ...  small quantities in your local  chemist  ...  but better value to buy a few 500mls from the likes of mistral chemicals .

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2019, 08:38:53 pm »
I get most stuff from eBay because it’s convenient to do so, John Martin is very on the ball and can decipher a data sheet at 100 yards.

Shaun_Ashmore

« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2019, 08:41:15 pm »
I get Craftex acetone from Restormate

Steve_Knight

« Reply #10 on: May 21, 2019, 07:12:46 am »
low odour white spirit ... B&q , homebase etc
The other two ...  small quantities in your local  chemist  ...  but better value to buy a few 500mls from the likes of mistral chemicals .

Cheers John

Will Brus

« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2019, 10:28:46 pm »
From time to time I try to clean carpets with various shampoos. A vacuum cleaner only removes dust, etc., but no matter how we go carefully, light carpets are still polluted.
I have repeatedly regretted that they put the carpet in the room of a daughter of a light beige color, since it is him who has to be cleaned more often than the other carpeting in the apartment. I bought shampoo from this series. https://spotcarpetcleaners.com/reviews/best-carpet-shampoo/
Perhaps from the marker something is also suitable