Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

SLX/xtreme hybrid pole.....
« on: April 18, 2019, 04:37:17 pm »
so.......snapped section 2 of my 10 month old xtreme 25ft pole today while shutting a window....totally my fault...... ::)roll

got a carbon fibre splinter in my hand too.... >:(

luckily i had my xtreme 47 with me so broke that down into a 25 footer(with insulating base section from my 25)and carried on with my day.......

anyway when i got home i decided to use sections 1 and 2 from an SLX i had lying around and slotted them into sections 3,4,5 of my xtreme.....its slightly heavier but not by much.....itll be interesting to see how it performs tomorrow......

IME its always sections 1 and 2 that wear and splinter first on the xtremes,ive also got some more SLX top sections that are in good nick and at least another xtreme 3,4,5 sections so ill be able to make another hybrid SLX/xtreme pole up...... :)....

i cant remember who it was on here that mentioned mixing these 2 poles up when they break/wear but it seems a good way to make your poles last longer(as well as not trying to shut stiff open windows with xtremes! ::)roll ;D)
price higher/work harder!

pikeman

Re: SLX/xtreme hybrid pole.....
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2019, 04:41:53 pm »
Had a section 1 slx in my 25 extreme over 12 months. No probs

G Griffin

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2019, 04:58:11 pm »
Good Friday tomorrow, Daz.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2019, 05:02:23 pm »

im working tomorrow morning then off til tuesday griff.... :)

davids3511

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2019, 06:22:27 pm »
so.......snapped section 2 of my 10 month old xtreme 25ft pole today while shutting a window....totally my fault...... ::)roll

luckily i had my xtreme 47 with me so broke that down into a 25 footer(with insulating base section from my 25)and carried on with my day.......

anyway when i got home i decided to use sections 1 and 2 from an SLX i had lying around and slotted them into sections 3,4,5 of my xtreme.....its slightly heavier but not by much.....itll be interesting to see how it performs tomorrow......

IME its always sections 1 and 2 that wear and splinter first on the xtremes,ive also got some more SLX top sections that are in good nick and at least another xtreme 3,4,5 sections so ill be able to make another hybrid SLX/xtreme pole up...... :)....

i cant remember who it was on here that mentioned mixing these 2 poles up when they break/wear but it seems a good way to make your poles last longer(as well as not trying to shut stiff open windows with xtremes! ::)roll ;D)
Might have been me Daz, I have slx 1 2 & 3 with 4 & 5 extreme.

dazmond

« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2019, 06:27:01 pm »

i think it was mate...cheers..... :)

Stoots

« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2019, 06:28:45 pm »
Ive only had my extreme 25 a couple of months but already starting to see wear on it  :-[

Its a great pole but not sure i would buy another...will see how long it lasts

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2019, 06:32:47 pm »
Ive only had my extreme 25 a couple of months but already starting to see wear on it  :-[

Its a great pole but not sure i would buy another...will see how long it lasts

ill guarantee youll snap a section one of these days adam,its very easy to do.....fantastic light poles but they are brittle esp the top 2 sections after a while....

Slacky

« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2019, 06:44:49 pm »

Me too.

Bungle

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2019, 07:32:21 pm »
I snapped section #3 on an SLX-22 last week. I've got a few old SLX-22 poles lying around that I can nick a section from, they come in useful when I snap a section.
We look at them, they look through them.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2019, 07:48:51 pm »
I'm trying a little experiment on my new "xtreme 20".

I am putting a wrap of insulation tape below each clamp in the hope that the top inch will not wear. After three months I will remove the tape and then after another three I will replace it. This means that when I shorten the pole then I am spreading the wear over two commonly used clamp points instead of one. Hopefully it will last longer before getting thin at the top of each section.

The only downside is that the closed length is about 3" longer. But that is not a problem to me.
We shall see.
It's a game of three halves!

G Griffin

« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2019, 08:33:40 pm »

Fair play; have a good weekend, mate.
⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2019, 10:07:03 pm »
I snapped section #3 on an SLX-22 last week. I've got a few old SLX-22 poles lying around that I can nick a section from, they come in useful when I snap a section.

ive never managed to snap an SLX section but ive snapped 4 xtreme sections now on various poles......

what did you do?run over it in the van? ;D

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2019, 10:08:10 pm »

Fair play; have a good weekend, mate.

....and you griff... :)

Bungle

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2019, 10:13:15 pm »

ive never managed to snap an SLX section but ive snapped 4 xtreme sections now on various poles......

what did you do?run over it in the van? ;D

Closed a window. To be fair the pole had been making a few creaking noises over the last month so I was kind of expecting it. I've snapped a few SLX sections in the past.
We look at them, they look through them.

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: April 19, 2019, 03:55:38 pm »
my pole seems ok with 2 slx sections on....slight heavier and bendier when using at full stretch over connys/extensions but i can live with it,saves buying a new xtreme no 2 section which lets be honest are way overpriced for the time you get out of them.

id go in so far as to say the xtreme range of poles should be cheaper as they dont last half as long as the cheaper heavier SLX carbon poles but i dont think theyll come down in price anytime soon unfortunately.....