Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

markybop

Re: Any fellow JW's out there
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2006, 09:59:04 pm »
Where are you from paul and gary, i'm dumbarton........
splish-splash....give me the cash!

master cleaner

« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2006, 10:04:27 pm »
Where are you from paul and gary, i'm dumbarton........

Rotherham south yorkshire

gary

jeff1

« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2006, 10:11:39 pm »
its not jws
if i had a guess i would say muslim but it would only be a guess

gary

come on are there no jws out their
No there not muslims, These lady's wear little blue head scarf's

Bonzer

« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2006, 10:15:48 pm »
I'm a JW too. There at least 5 other WC's in our local area who are also JW's.

Archy136

« Reply #24 on: June 29, 2006, 10:16:19 pm »
Paul this is an interesting topic being a witness myself but probably pretty boring for everyone else.

I have wondered aswell how many on here are witnesses and have dropped one liners in a couple of times to see if anyone picked on them but I got accused of 'preaching' which I wasnt doing. Only PJ picked up on my one liners and he made it clear he wasnt a witness.

Maybe you should start a poll and in that way we would find out without bothering anyone.

BTW I do enjoy the ocasional beer!

beefy

« Reply #25 on: June 29, 2006, 10:19:57 pm »
i was working away & a very nice polite lady tapped me on the shoulder & said are you a jw i said no lady im a window cleaner!!! we then had a v.good conversation about her son in law whod been some kind of top engineer & gone w/cleaning to have more time for his faith. fair play to em. dont understand them but they dont seem as snide as most religeons

Morph

« Reply #26 on: June 29, 2006, 11:01:47 pm »
I went out for a pint with a jw window cleaner a few months back, poor guy was slaughtered after 4 pints

If he managed to sink 4 to your 1, I'm not surprised!

Nice to see the Avatar back old Seagull ;)

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #27 on: June 29, 2006, 11:04:00 pm »
it was long overdue , i never drink more than 12 pints these days

paul mather

« Reply #28 on: June 29, 2006, 11:06:28 pm »
In answer to your question Markybop I originally come from Peterborough but have lived in Warrington for the last 7 years. Have cleaned windows off & on for the past 18 years so I suppose I don't hate it that much.
 Have took the plunge and bought a WFP system from Kirsty at Gardiners today so will let you know how I get on. Sorry didn't reply sooner got back from Thursday meeting late and just sat down.

Regards Paul
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

paul mather

« Reply #29 on: June 29, 2006, 11:12:22 pm »
In answer to your question Jeff1 would like to bet that they are Plymouth Bretheren. Oh I forgot we don't bet, but I  definetely do like a beer or two, especially whilst watching the footy. :P :P :P :P
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #30 on: June 29, 2006, 11:14:44 pm »
A quick question sorry its slightly off topic, can anyone just turn up at kingdom hall or is it invite only ?

master cleaner

« Reply #31 on: June 29, 2006, 11:19:31 pm »
A quick question sorry its slightly off topic, can anyone just turn up at kingdom hall or is it invite only ?

everyone  is welcome and we would make them welcome as well

gary

paul mather

« Reply #32 on: June 29, 2006, 11:20:14 pm »
Now you do realise that you have asked the one question that you should never ask of a JW, we won't leave you alone now because we sniff a bit of interest!!

Seriously though any body can walk into a kingdom Hall just like any church. The meeting that takes place on a Sunday is specially designed for people who are non witnesses. Why are you thinking of going Dave?
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Morph

« Reply #33 on: June 29, 2006, 11:25:14 pm »
Paul this is an interesting topic being a witness myself but probably pretty boring for everyone else.

I have wondered aswell how many on here are witnesses and have dropped one liners in a couple of times to see if anyone picked on them but I got accused of 'preaching' which I wasnt doing. Only PJ picked up on my one liners and he made it clear he wasnt a witness.

Maybe you should start a poll and in that way we would find out without bothering anyone.

BTW I do enjoy the ocasional beer!

I remember a discussion about using foreign workers recently, when I was misunderstood, which easily happens on here, but I don't remember making any accusations.

paul mather

« Reply #34 on: June 29, 2006, 11:27:28 pm »
Notice underneath your picture of Jimi Hendrix is written all along the watchtower. Are you sure you're not a secret JW!!
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #35 on: June 29, 2006, 11:30:44 pm »
well i was thinking if i went once that might stop them knocking at my door on my day off , always when i need a bl**dy lie in.

Only joking

Honestly if i thought all JW were as nice and genuine as the ones i have met and know, i would be there like a shot.
I have spoke to a lot of jw socially, a wc who lives in my same street who i speak to every day and none of them have done the preaching like when they are out doorknocking.

Meeting JW socially rather than being doorknocked dont half change your impression of the religion

Dave

JM123

« Reply #36 on: June 29, 2006, 11:33:36 pm »
I'm a witness too - I know of at least 20 other witness wcs near me - WE'RE TAKING OVER HAHAHAHA ;D
Live life in the fast lane.......if you break down you'll freewheel further

Ballymena N.I

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #37 on: June 29, 2006, 11:34:32 pm »
I hope the moderators dont lock this topic as it is really enlightening, I know they say never discuss religion but if everyone stays away from "my religion is better than yours " or derogitory remarks it may stay open with some sensitive monitoring.

Dave

Moderator David@stives

« Reply #38 on: June 29, 2006, 11:35:24 pm »
Do you have to pay a percentage of your earnings, i know mormons do and muslims also ?

paul mather

« Reply #39 on: June 29, 2006, 11:39:43 pm »
No we don't Dave, although our whole organisation is run on voluntary contributions which mostly come from JWs themselves. But there is no collection plate, just a box at the back of the hall.
 You sound like a thoroughly good bloke and I'd gladly have a pint with you  anytime. Betta go now it's starting to sound like a love-in
Use the wand of power !!

Warrington, Cheshire