Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James pryer

Roof cleaning when roof cleaning
« on: April 15, 2019, 01:19:15 pm »
Hi all,

Am thinking about starting a roof cleaning business and wanted to get a couple of tips when giving an inspection of the roof.

If I wanted to check for leaks how would I do this? Would I get one person to spray the roof whilst I check in the loft for leaks?

Or just give a visual inspection on the inside and outside.

Or perhaps just ask if they have any leaks, and if they don’t then just give visual inspection and Softwash and low pressure wash?

Or just use a low pressure jetwash and Softwash and this shouldn’t cause any trouble.

Many thanks,
James

scott johns

Re: Roof cleaning when roof cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2019, 07:56:50 pm »
I don't know why you would spray the roof and have someone in the loft to check for leaks as this wouldn't give you a desire answere as wind can blow in certain direcections so just by spraying the roof once
would be pointless.
best way to check have a look in look and see if it has any water marks on trusses or you can see daylight
in loft especially slate roof that don't have underfelt,
also a pair of bincoulous check ridge tiles verge mortor lead flashings etc
also perhaps ask customer
best of luck

Sky Roof Cleaning and Moss Removal

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2020, 09:44:20 pm »
- always ask before for leaks or existing damage and record things that you find later on with your phone and show it to your customer
- you can damage roof with a jet wash | I choose soft washing

James pryer

« Reply #3 on: March 18, 2020, 02:38:02 am »
How would you get the moss of the roof? Or would you just spray it and let it die and fall?

Thanks

TomCrowther

« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2020, 07:51:51 am »
you would scrape it off then spray/softwash

James pryer

« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2020, 06:01:02 pm »
And scraping would mean going onto the roof and physically scraping/brushing of?
What sort of roofs would you not do this on? Slate and peg tiles?

Many thanks

TomCrowther

« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2020, 06:26:55 pm »
You can get scrapers from Marshalls with lots of different profiles to fit the commonly used tiles. These fit on the end of a window cleaning pole allowing you to do it from a tower/ladder at roof height. I have just done a pig of a job this way and it has really put me off. The previous jobs have been pretty quick and great results. This one, not so good and took me three days. Awful.