This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Steve Weatherley

Van Insurance
« on: April 14, 2019, 11:42:25 am »
I have just completed an online application with Direct Line Insurance for my van which has a Pure Freedon system fitted with 650 litre tank. The figure quoted was less than half of the renewal price for my existing insurer (A-Plan). However when I spoke to one of their operators over the phone they told me they couldn't insure me due to the following 2 points:
1. They can only insure a vehicle if the fitted water tank is less than 650 litre
2. The system that's fitted inside must be valued at less than £1500 - mine was £2000 3 years ago

Gutted!

Can anyone recommend a good insurer please

Shrek

Re: Van Insurance
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2019, 12:40:27 pm »
Iv just sacked A plan off too, my renewal price was £600, no breakdown cover , no windscreen cover etc . They offered insurance through Ageas .
I went through GROVE & DEAN insurance brokers instead, £497 with Ageas .
Windscreen , breakdown cover etc included. I even rang Aplan up and told them my quoted price and can they match it, they said no.

P @ F

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2019, 01:26:23 pm »
Funny this should come up as I have just had my renewal quote in , and for the first time in my life my insurance has gone DOWN  !
Policy has stayed exactly the same , Fully comp , Windscreen cover , Legal assistance , Protected NCD . and the Mrs covered too  :o
Last year was £422 , this year its gone down to £361.
I am with More Than Business , and am more than happy  ;D ;D ;D
I'm so lazy I'm getting tired of it !

KS Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2019, 03:09:45 pm »
I have just completed an online application with Direct Line Insurance for my van which has a Pure Freedon system fitted with 650 litre tank. The figure quoted was less than half of the renewal price for my existing insurer (A-Plan). However when I spoke to one of their operators over the phone they told me they couldn't insure me due to the following 2 points:
1. They can only insure a vehicle if the fitted water tank is less than 650 litre
2. The system that's fitted inside must be valued at less than £1500 - mine was £2000 3 years ago

Gutted!

Can anyone recommend a good insurer please
I’m with Admiral,  I have a 650 litre tank declared and pay £260.

easy clean

« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2019, 07:18:13 pm »
I was insured with more than and had been for 11 years, had no intention of changing but got a quote from admiral after advice from a friend and the saving s was unbelievable, more than couldn’t get anywhere close to it and policy’s where like for like.

Pete Thompson

« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2019, 08:03:17 pm »
Alexander Swan.

Also, if the tank in your van isn’t specifically mentioned on your policy wording as a modification, then your almost certainly not insured.

Don’t rely on someone telling you over the phone “yeah it’s all fine”

Dave Alexander

« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2019, 08:31:48 pm »
Give Aviva a call, I got a pretty good deal off them for a one off, and just to make you aware, once you get a quote, ring off then complete it online and it will be 20% cheaper.
Good luck

SB Cleaning

« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2019, 09:31:04 pm »
Gladiator for me.

KS Cleaning

« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2019, 10:24:08 pm »
Give Aviva a call, I got a pretty good deal off them for a one off, and just to make you aware, once you get a quote, ring off then complete it online and it will be 20% cheaper.
Good luck
The last time I tried Aviva they wouldn’t quote for a tank over 500 litres.

Granny

« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2019, 08:18:06 am »
I renewed my insurance with the same company I had last year. Autonet.
Was just about to pay when I had a last minute re-read.
"Please note for the renewal of your insurance policy we would like to make you aware of the following changes.
It is a condition of this policy that the vehicle has no water tank fitted.
It is a condition of this policy that the vehicle does not carry Hazardous Goods"
Looks like things are getting more restrictive.

Splash & dash

« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2019, 09:50:09 am »
Alexander swan , very good  company to deal with everything is covered , van, system and poles , I have an agreed settlement price if the van is written off or stolen  costs a bit more but worth it

chris turner

« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2019, 10:46:55 pm »
Alexander Swan.

Also, if the tank in your van isn’t specifically mentioned on your policy wording as a modification, then your almost certainly not insured.

Don’t rely on someone telling you over the phone “yeah it’s all fine”

This is true
Last year I renewed with gladiator over the phone, told them about the tank, "yep that's fine" they said. No sign of the tank mentioned on the documents.
This year I went to renew with them again, they told me they couldn't insure me because of the tank!
I swear these cowboy insurers make the rules up as they go along.

Now with performance direct who were the cheapest at £410 with tank included.

EandM

« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2019, 11:26:03 pm »
I've just re-insured my Ford Ranger with Gladiator:

400l tank, off road cover, mountain top and a few mods declared,

£195

s.w.c

« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2019, 09:34:29 am »
gladiator for me £332.76 full comp with 7 years no claims.