This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

dazmond

how motivated are you?..........
« on: April 10, 2019, 03:11:15 pm »
in terms of your business?

when i first started out back in 1993 i was out nearly every day canvassing for months on end to try and get a round together...

now its a case of just cleaning the work as fast as possible and then an early finish... :)
price higher/work harder!

Ooooooog

Re: how motivated are you?..........
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 03:31:08 pm »
Started five years ago.
Just started our first six figure contract.
Pretty motivated.
And crazy.

Go go go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 04:08:43 pm »
Started five years ago.
Pretty motivated.
And crazy.

Go go go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100k+ lovely - over how long ?

or do you mean £1000.00 +  ;D

oh, yeah - motivated - pretty good at the moment now I'm over the worst of my illness - last year couldn't give a flying F**k

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Ooooooog

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 04:37:53 pm »
Started five years ago.
Pretty motivated.
And crazy.

Go go go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

100k+ lovely - over how long ?

or do you mean £1000.00 +  ;D

oh, yeah - motivated - pretty good at the moment now I'm over the worst of my illness - last year couldn't give a flying F**k

Darran

Probably take two guys six months. Big overheads though.

Glad you’re feeling better!

Smudger

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 04:38:58 pm »
cheers.

Sounds like a good un!!

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

jk999

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 04:41:38 pm »
Lost all interest but can do better wages than stuck in a factory all day

Shrek

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 05:30:38 pm »
Always motivated! I have a goal/ dream , so won’t stop TIL I get there!!

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 10, 2019, 06:07:09 pm »
Lost all interest but can do better wages than stuck in a factory all day

any reason why?same routine?same boring work?

ive found working shorter days,using the best WFP equipment(hot water/electric reels/xtreme poles,etc),a clean lifestyle and little tweaks in refining work keeps me motivated.....also keeping work bang up to date all year round(apart from hols)and always being mega organised helps a lot.....

dazmond

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2019, 06:11:38 pm »

then when you get there you ll reach a  plateau and be comfortable with your income and working hours....the best place to be IMO....with just little tweaks and refining work needed from time to time to keep slowly moving forward earnings wise(without extra working hours) :)

Cookie

« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2019, 06:15:34 pm »
After having worked in an office for many years with the perpetual round of appraisals, death-by-Powerpoint and jumped-up management it's just a breath of fresh air to work for yourself, choose your own customers, choose the hours you work etc.. I've built up a decent round now so just happy cruisin' along.

Cookie

« Reply #10 on: April 10, 2019, 06:16:46 pm »

So are you going to tell us what your goal/dream is?

dazmond

« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2019, 06:27:50 pm »

its probably to have a decent round with short hours and a good income......it doesnt happen overnight...it takes years of building....

dd

« Reply #12 on: April 10, 2019, 06:47:10 pm »

its probably to have a decent round with short hours and a good income......it doesnt happen overnight...it takes years of building....
Hot water and an electric reel.

Stoots

« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2019, 06:50:44 pm »
My motivation to make money and be involved in business is high, i enjoy picking up new work and watching the money come in but im pretty much fed up with cleaning windows everyday. Motivation is pretty low and has been for a good year or so but i keep plodding along as overall there are much worse things i could be doing.

Some days i really enjoy it others i really hate it.

BUT i know its not going to be forever, at least not working 5 days a week, i will either employ or end up doing it part time alongside something else or maybe ill do something else entirely but i wont be cleaning windows everyday forever thats for sure, sod that.

Shrek

« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2019, 06:53:50 pm »

To create an income for myself without having to work for it. The ultimate goal is to have some holiday lets abroad bringing in an income , so I don’t have to work until I retire . Without having goals/ dreams in life , you just wander round aimlessly and end up nowhere. At least if you aim for something and get halfway there, then you still have achieved something in life  :)

dazmond

« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2019, 06:59:21 pm »
My motivation to make money and be involved in business is high, i enjoy picking up new work and watching the money come in but im pretty much fed up with cleaning windows everyday. Motivation is pretty low and has been for a good year or so but i keep plodding along as overall there are much worse things i could be doing.

Some days i really enjoy it others i really hate it.

BUT i know its not going to be forever, at least not working 5 days a week, i will either employ or end up doing it part time alongside something else or maybe ill do something else entirely but i wont be cleaning windows everyday forever thats for sure, sod that.

i hope im still alive and fit enough to clean windows well into my 70s.......its a great way to make a living IMO....

jk999

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 07:00:03 pm »
When you get to 50 you get sick of the ignorant customers and the crappy payers and tight gits in west yorkshire ,dont get me wrong a big part of my work is good but its the crap that puts me in this mood 😔😔😔

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 07:05:33 pm »
When you get to 50 you get sick of the ignorant customers and the crappy payers and tight gits in west yorkshire ,dont get me wrong a big part of my work is good but its the crap that puts me in this mood 😔😔😔

surely as you get older and gain experience in life(im 47 by the way) you learn to not let the odd crappy customer(ex customer!)get to you surely?life s too short to waste time and energy on these types of people....

if their putting you in a bad mood your letting them control your piece of mind......dont let them....

KS Cleaning

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 07:15:44 pm »
I am a very motivated, driven person. I enjoy the finer things in life, fast cars, holidays abroad, a holiday home,  eating out etc,etc. These things don’t come cheap and I don’t mind a bit of hard graft, knowing the rewards it brings.

Dave Willis

« Reply #19 on: April 10, 2019, 07:52:46 pm »
Who wants to work in their seventies ffs!

Dazmond get a life! My daughters goldfish has more ambition than that.