Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

MarkSutcliffe

Hydrafree
« on: April 09, 2019, 11:39:15 pm »
I've used hydrafree today, and had a massive problem with it not dissolving properly and clogging the sprayer jets..

anyone else had this ?

Worked really well aside from that..

john martin

Re: Hydrafree
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2019, 02:22:03 am »

never used it .... but   ,i had to look it up there  ... 

good grief , what a contradictory blurb accompanying it  ...
 they seem to be for that whole detergent free marketing thing  ...    it then goes on to list all the things it dosn't contain  ....
it dosent contain bacteria !  thats good to know ,  can anyone list a detergent that does contain bacteria for any usefull reason ??
its dosnt contain AIDS or the plague either but it dosrnt mention those .
Then it states that it contains no harmful butyl  ... then u look up its SDS .... what does it contain ...butyl glycol

Really this is just another detergent based on phosphate and sodium carbonate ... with a few detergent ingredients thrown in ... like a host of other powders  ...
Similar products and better value elsewere to be had like Ultimate master aand others .

Mike Halliday

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2019, 05:59:32 am »
I agree with John, it’s nothing new just another company jumping on the detergent free bandwagon with a bit of oxigen bleach to give it a boost.
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2019, 07:38:24 am »
I've been using SPM which works really well,

I was bonnet buffing and thought i would try it from a sample pack, mixed with UPS, but just didnt disolve properly and made it hard work with my orion sprayer.. Ended up having to use a cheapo sprayer with a bigger valve.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2019, 09:48:34 am »
Did you mix it real hot?, if it has got an oxygen booster it will need heat to activate it
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

MarkSutcliffe

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 10:19:21 am »
Did you mix it real hot?, if it has got an oxygen booster it will need heat to activate it

That could have been the issue, it was mixed hot, but next time i'll boil a kettle full to make it hotter,

thanks for the tip :)

Andrew Briscoe

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2019, 06:07:39 pm »
Hydrafree has been around since the late nineties, it can be a bit grainy if not mixed hot and thoroughly.
Good product like a lot of microsplitters out there