This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James Styles

Payment by DD/card method and new items
« on: April 09, 2019, 06:27:17 pm »
I have got all my gear now (backpack is quite heavy even without all the water in) also the backpack inside is all wet like it was filled with water, any others who got the gardiner backpack was your one like that? I found it bit strange to receive a new item already used and water left inside but the condition seems decent, the straps to wear the backpack could be a little more longer/adaptable as it’s a bit tight to put on, the clx pole though I am very impressed with.
I will be starting my canvassing from the weekend, I’ve seen that a lot of window cleaners get paid by card of the customers nowadays just wondering how that works?
What do you ask the customer? I’m thinking with canvassing I won’t really know the customers to well so would feel a bit funny asking for card details or even passing them mine to set up a direct debit, don’t like the idea of giving out my card details at all really, how does this all work?

Shrek

Re: Payment by DD/card method and new items
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 06:30:03 pm »
You definitely don’t want to put the backpack on your back! Take the straps off altogether. If your finding an empty backpack heavy then maybe you should start working out, they weigh about 5kg 😂

Gardiner pole systems are NOT unprofessional. They are market leaders.

James Styles

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 07:51:26 pm »
You definitely don’t want to put the backpack on your back! Take the straps off altogether. If your finding an empty backpack heavy then maybe you should start working out, they weigh about 5kg 😂

Gardiner pole systems are NOT unprofessional. They are market leaders.

I do work out, I’m saying even without filling it has some weight to it not that I find it too heavy for me.
What are you thoughts on the backpack having water left in it then when I’ve brought it brand new? It’s a bit strange to me, it should be unused??

p1w1

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 07:51:38 pm »
The backpack was wet inside probably due to a quick test to make sure it was all working prior to dispatch. 

dazmond

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 07:52:40 pm »
I have got all my gear now (backpack is quite heavy even without all the water in) also the backpack inside is all wet like it was filled with water, any others who got the gardiner backpack was your one like that? I find it slightly unprofessional to receive a new item already used and water left inside but the condition seems decent, the straps to wear the backpack could be a little more longer/adaptable as it’s a bit tight to put on, the clx pole though I am very impressed with.
I will be starting my canvassing from the weekend, I’ve seen that a lot of window cleaners get paid by card of the customers nowadays just wondering how that works?
What do you ask the customer? I’m thinking with canvassing I won’t really know the customers to well so would feel a bit funny asking for card details or even passing them mine to set up a direct debit, don’t like the idea of giving out my card details at all really, how does this all work?

dont worry about payments yet.....you need customers!why are you waiting til weekend?you should be out knocking doors at 10am tomorrow....its the easter hols so lots of people are off work with the kids....

less thinking...more doing.... ;D
price higher/work harder!

James Styles

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2019, 07:56:13 pm »
The backpack was wet inside probably due to a quick test to make sure it was all working prior to dispatch.

That’s fair enough, just wondering if others have had it arrive with water inside?
Just a bit strange to see as it’s brand new, everything’s been packaged very well though, the clx pole looks and feels awesome.

dazmond

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2019, 07:57:52 pm »
you dont give or get card details off customers anyway....

YOU give the customer your bank details for BACS or standing order payments....

cash/cheque.....self explanatory...

card payments via card machine(contactless and chip and pin).you need to buy one and link it to your bank account....

dazmond

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2019, 07:58:45 pm »

That’s fair enough, just wondering if others have had it arrive with water inside?
Just a bit strange to see as it’s brand new, everything’s been packaged very well though, the clx pole looks and feels awesome.

yes my backpack was the same....they test it first to see if its working....

James Styles

« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2019, 08:03:48 pm »

yes my backpack was the same....they test it first to see if its working....

That’s good to know, I suppose it does make sense to test before sending it out, the items arrived fast and very well packaged, top service.

James Styles

« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2019, 08:07:38 pm »

But that means giving customers my bank details which I’m not too comfortable with as I don’t know them.... is this how you guys do it? Pass all customers you’re bank details and just hope they set it up and actually pay?

Shrek

« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2019, 08:19:41 pm »

But that means giving customers my bank details which I’m not too comfortable with as I don’t know them.... is this how you guys do it? Pass all customers you’re bank details and just hope they set it up and actually pay?

To pay your tax bill , you will need HMRC account number and sort code. That is given out freely to millions

cleaniac

« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2019, 08:32:10 pm »
All you are doing is giving your sort code and account number.

Thats perfectly fine.

James Styles

« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2019, 08:53:22 pm »

Thats perfectly fine.

Do you give them details and ask them to set up DD monthly or every two months then?
How would you know which customer is which when they sending money, do they put there name or something on the payment?

Paddy1984

« Reply #13 on: April 09, 2019, 09:24:49 pm »

So hang on a minute, you want to know about getting customers to sign up for direct debit with you but you're not willing to give out an account number and sort code to your customers? They can do nothing with an account number and sort code really... If you sign them up for direct debit you can bill them as and when you like.

James Styles

« Reply #14 on: April 09, 2019, 09:58:50 pm »

So hang on a minute, you want to know about getting customers to sign up for direct debit with you but you're not willing to give out an account number and sort code to your customers? They can do nothing with an account number and sort code really... If you sign them up for direct debit you can bill them as and when you like.

I got it wrong, I thought giving account and sort code could be dodgy but now I realise from replies they can’t do nothing.
How does that work billing when you want?
I though DD just comes out monthly on the same date.

Paddy1984

« Reply #15 on: April 09, 2019, 10:08:34 pm »

I got it wrong, I thought giving account and sort code could be dodgy but now I realise from replies they can’t do nothing.
How does that work billing when you want?
I though DD just comes out monthly on the same date.

https://gocardless.com/features/invoicing/

Have a look. Lots to explain, they probably do it better themselves anyway.

nathankaye

« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2019, 01:02:49 am »
James, we seem to be going round in circles again here mate!
You really need to get your cautiouness / anxiety in check.  You asked for help setting up and you questioned it and debated it etc etc.  Now your asking for help on Payment options and questioning it.
May I suggest doing more research, use the search feature on this forum and use YouTube as well. There are many who talk about payment options and how they work. Then when you got the doubts out the way, then you can easily take the advice that is given to you. Don't forget your asking experienced people on this forum mate
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: April 10, 2019, 07:53:03 am »

yep......hundreds of my customers have my bank details....

dazmond

« Reply #18 on: April 10, 2019, 08:05:02 am »

Thats perfectly fine.

Do you give them details and ask them to set up DD monthly or every two months then?
How would you know which customer is which when they sending money, do they put there name or something on the payment?

ALWAYS get a customers mobile number(for sending text reminders after 14 days )if they agree to pay by BACS....

when sending bank details to a customers phone(or on the bottom of invoices)always stipulate them to put their first line of address in the ref section to identify their payment...

i send a text to a new customer (whos paid by BACS for the first time)that their payments been received...

thats it for BACS payments or standing orders.....