This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Roland S

has anyone tried the cheap chinese turbo nozzles on ebay?
« on: April 09, 2019, 10:13:57 am »
hi

has anyone tried the cheap copy turbo nozzles on ebay for £10 ish? i've got a decent one that i've had for a long time but not sure if its still working optimally or not, it seems ok but I need something to compare it to so was going to buy another. i've seen suttner copies on ebay for £10 to £15 and was wondering if anyone has given them a go before, do they perform as good and do they last?

Splash & dash

Re: has anyone tried the cheap chinese turbo nozzles on ebay?
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2019, 02:32:20 pm »
Not tried them no , do you know a copy of anything that performs or lasts like the original does ???  I think you have answers your own question , buy cheap buy twist , you arnt going to do a professional job with second rate kit just buy a decent one , things like this make me laugh , ones are boasting one muinit about what they earn but the next muinit want a cheap alternative , for replacement kit .

Smudger

« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2019, 05:16:05 pm »
if its still spinning then I'm pretty sure its working as it should

if in doubt you can replace the innards for about £20 - better to do this than use inferior equipment

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

Roland S

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2019, 10:50:48 pm »
you arnt going to do a professional job with second rate kit just buy a decent one , things like this make me laugh , ones are boasting one muinit about what they earn but the next muinit want a cheap alternative , for replacement kit .

Lol I don't need advice from you  or anyone on how to do a "professional" pressure washing job thanks.

And Ive never boasted about how much i earn and if you read my post properly you would see I just wanted a nozzle to compare side by side to confirm that  mines still working perfectly. So if someone said they worked fine it would have been all I need.

Roland S

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2019, 10:58:08 pm »
if its still spinning then I'm pretty sure its working as it should

if in doubt you can replace the innards for about £20 - better to do this than use inferior equipment

Darran

Hi Darren

Yes it spins fine I wasn't sure if the ceramic nozzle inside wears like a normal metal one does and pressure drops.  I'm trying to find the make of it. It was a decent one when I got it from tech-clean but the insides look slightly different to the suttner repair kits available.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2019, 04:40:55 pm »
I don't believe they do ( maybe over a really long time ) but they can crack but then they stop spinning

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2019, 09:00:49 pm »
you arnt going to do a professional job with second rate kit just buy a decent one , things like this make me laugh , ones are boasting one muinit about what they earn but the next muinit want a cheap alternative , for replacement kit .

Lol I don't need advice from you  or anyone on how to do a "professional" pressure washing job thanks.

And Ive never boasted about how much i earn and if you read my post properly you would see I just wanted a nozzle to compare side by side to confirm that  mines still working perfectly. So if someone said they worked fine it would have been all I need.

Do you seriously think you are going to get a suttner  quality nozzle that’s going to be suitable for a professional for £10-15 as I said buy cheap buy twice , why would any  professional contractor  Evan consider buying something like this ??? The cost of a nozzle is not a lot when you consider what you can earn in a day , personaly I wouldn’t evan consider buying something like that , unless I was going to wash my own drive once a year , it’s never going to last being used every day , I didn’t mean that you boast about what you earn , but this post is typical of a lot on this forum that they always want to buy stuff on the cheap it’s false economy when running a buisness, no offence meant to you .

Roland S

« Reply #7 on: April 12, 2019, 10:32:08 am »

Do you seriously think you are going to get a suttner  quality nozzle that’s going to be suitable for a professional for £10-15 as I said buy cheap buy twice , why would any  professional contractor  Evan consider buying something like this ??? The cost of a nozzle is not a lot when you consider what you can earn in a day , personaly I wouldn’t evan consider buying something like that , unless I was going to wash my own drive once a year , it’s never going to last being used every day , I didn’t mean that you boast about what you earn , but this post is typical of a lot on this forum that they always want to buy stuff on the cheap it’s false economy when running a buisness, no offence meant to you .

ok mate i probably took your post the wrong way. Trust me i always use decent kit - 21" mosmatic flat surface cleaners etc which are top notch but twice the price of a bog standard fsc, and from what i can find the repair kit alone for my current turbo nozzle is going to cost me more than the cost of a  full sutner nozzle.  i just wanted something cheap to check that my current nozzle is working as it should.

Roland S

« Reply #8 on: April 12, 2019, 10:34:06 am »
I don't believe they do ( maybe over a really long time ) but they can crack but then they stop spinning

Darran

i've ordered a sutner to compare with, will be interesting to see as it's taking a hammering, but difficult to judge sometimes as performance can drop gradually over time.

Mike Halliday

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2019, 06:27:42 am »
My present turbo head is about a year old and still working perfectly, it get used on nearly every job every day, i think it cost me £120 as it’s a 30lt/min size, for some reason they jump massively in price once you get about 21lt/min size😢

Are Sutners  about €45?
Mike Halliday.  www.henryhalliday.co.uk

Smudger

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2019, 03:36:41 pm »
My present turbo head is about a year old and still working perfectly, it get used on nearly every job every day, i think it cost me £120 as it’s a 30lt/min size, for some reason they jump massively in price once you get about 21lt/min size😢

Are Sutners  about €45?

they jump in price because of all the extra pressure they have to deal with - much better quality materials - same as connectors and fitting you can buy cheap brass/plated ones or stainless steel - look carefully or ask the seller and you will see the brass are not capable/tested for pressures over 100 bar

Darran

Roland S

« Reply #11 on: April 13, 2019, 05:05:58 pm »

Are Sutners  about €45?

yeah it may be the same one i have, it's much bigger than the sutner one, at least twice as big. it's been going for so long that i assumed that it must be surely wearing out but maybe not. a sutner nozzle has arrived now and i'll test them out side by side on monday and will soon know if it's still performing.