This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Aiden Smith

Re: Frustrated and need some help
« Reply #20 on: April 14, 2019, 09:32:42 pm »
No work been done on the pipework

SB Cleaning

« Reply #21 on: April 14, 2019, 09:36:32 pm »
Hi SB
This will is a brand new Axeon HF5 which has been in the RO about 1 month with new sediment and carbon filters also. I watched Gardner's YouTube clip as to changing the filter. Thanks for the reply
I found the Axeon filters utter rubbish mine was shot in 3 months.

Your RO is shot I'm afraid as long as the systems setup correctly it's the only explanation.

Aiden Smith

« Reply #22 on: April 14, 2019, 09:51:08 pm »
Am I right in thinking it's the housing you are talking about.

nathankaye

« Reply #23 on: April 14, 2019, 11:35:21 pm »
Am I right in thinking it's the housing you are talking about.

Nope, the membrane as you should be getting much better results than what you are.
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Aiden Smith

« Reply #24 on: April 15, 2019, 08:14:52 am »
Thanks Nathan
How much of a difference will it make if the filter is in the wrong way. I followed the instructions, so believe that I have done it wright.

nathankaye

« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2019, 08:41:58 am »
I have no experience with  the big RO's so couldn't advice beyond saying that the filter is wrong.
I use the smaller 450gpd and I take my tap water from just under 300 tds down to 006 (I don't bother with DI anymore).
So the big boys at 20inches membranes which cost a whole lot more, I would want to see the same results if not better.

Ones have posted how they feel the membrane you have,  are not very efficient and only lasted a few months. Could it be that the membrane is at fault? If everything is set up right.
It might be worth filming it and showing on here, so some of the more experienced chaps in this area can see it and perhaps advice further.  Upload to YouTube and set to private. Copy the link and post it on here and that way ones are in a better position to advice. As it seems something is very wrong, that even with a booster pump you are yielding such high tds after membranes
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Aiden Smith

« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2019, 12:08:29 pm »
Thanks very much for the advice Nathan. I will have to do that so I can get to the bottom of the problem.

SB Cleaning

« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2019, 03:57:37 pm »
When you fitted the ro did you put silicone grease around o rings?

Aiden Smith

« Reply #28 on: April 15, 2019, 06:16:54 pm »
I am positive I did as my father in law helped as he is good with these sorts of things and we used his silicon.

Ooooooog

« Reply #29 on: April 15, 2019, 06:44:57 pm »
Where do you live?
Can you post photos so we can diagnose?

SB Cleaning

« Reply #30 on: April 15, 2019, 08:25:03 pm »
Yep we need a video really showing your setup...I see your in Gloucestershire, I'm in Herefordshire if you want to pop up I can take a look at it for you ;)

Shaun Gill

« Reply #31 on: April 15, 2019, 09:41:39 pm »
Sounds to me like you’re not restricting the flow enough for the pressure to build up in your RO.

Take your gate valve off, close it and drill a 2mm hole through the the closed valve. Then put it back on and leave it closed, you should see an increase in pressure and a decrease of your tds.

Aiden Smith

« Reply #32 on: April 15, 2019, 10:39:07 pm »
SB I am in Gloucester. Innsworth close to the Old RAF now NATO site. If you could I would be very grateful. I am happy to give you some money for feul. I just want this sorted.
Thanks Aiden

Aiden Smith

« Reply #33 on: April 21, 2019, 05:10:28 pm »
Here is the video of my setup. If anyone can help that will be great
https://youtu.be/5X9edeKIC7w

Spruce

« Reply #34 on: April 21, 2019, 05:50:39 pm »
Here is the video of my setup. If anyone can help that will be great
https://youtu.be/5X9edeKIC7w

Which port does your inlet to the r/o at the bottom go? There are 2. One in the centre and the other to the side. The inlet goes to the side one and the centre port is plugged.

Stupid question, but have you got the membrane the right way round?

These are the instructions for the champ housing but the r/o membrane goes in the same way.
Success is 1% inspiration, 98% perspiration and 2% attention to detail!

The older I get, the better I was ;)

Spruce

« Reply #35 on: April 21, 2019, 06:05:25 pm »
Squeeky has a video up of how to change a membrane. He has done it from the other end so his membrane went in the other way around.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eIqHpNklwVk

Here is another
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iP0t25qn7HM

Aiden Smith

« Reply #36 on: April 21, 2019, 06:58:47 pm »
Hi Spruce
Yes it's going into the side port at the bottom of the RO. The video I have looked at show it going into the middle. Is this correct

Spruce

« Reply #37 on: April 21, 2019, 07:49:35 pm »
Hi Spruce
Yes it's going into the side port at the bottom of the RO. The video I have looked at show it going into the middle. Is this correct

It goes into the side port, not the centre port. The pure is the only exit that comes from the center port. So the waste comes from the outside port on the other end, the same end as the pure.

Alex Gardiner put up a detailed video a few years ago showing how to put a 4021 together. I can't find it.

Spruce

« Reply #38 on: April 21, 2019, 07:58:42 pm »
Hi Spruce

It goes into the side port, not the centre port. The pure is the only exit that comes from the center port. So the waste comes from the outside port on the other end, the same end as the pure.

Alex Gardiner put up a detailed video a few years ago showing how to put a 4021 together. I can't find it.

Here's one of Alex's videos.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9s2gqdelXV0&feature=youtu.be

The first part is fitting the sediment/carbon block combination prefilter so you should be looking from 7.00 onwards.

The one I was looking for is no longer available.
 https://youtu.be/-r0H7rQEWtw

There's something way back in my memory where someone was getting poor membrane performance results and it was because the membrane had been inserted the wrong way round. But please don't take that as fact as I could be wrong.

Aiden Smith

« Reply #39 on: April 21, 2019, 08:28:28 pm »
Thank you very much for your input Spruce. Much appreciated. I will have to check my membrane