This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

James pryer

Soft wash \ hypo cleaning
« on: April 04, 2019, 06:57:47 pm »
Hi guys just wanted to pick your brains regarding roof cleaning. I’m just at the research stage and have a few questions that need answering. Any help would be most grateful!

1. Can I just use a hypo and water? Or will this solution not be thick enough and run straight off the roof? Please could you suggest any extra solutions that are SAFE to be mixed with hypo. (After scraping moss off). I know that washing up liquid is a big no no.

2. When would I use a steam/hot jet wash (with a low psi) instead of just spraying hypo? I’m assuming just when I come across the gritty stuff? Would I still spray hypo before/after or mix it with the steam cleaner?

3. Will hypo clean the grime off within the day it’s used and dried? Or over 6 months for instance every week will it look a bit cleaner?

4. How long can your gautrnee that hypo will leave it moss free? 6 months? 12 months?

5. Is there any advantages using 10% or 15% hypo if I was to mix it water to a 4% mix?

6. What sort of prices do people charge? I spoke to one man and he charges £6.50 per sq M for just hypo and £7.50 for a steam clean. Do these prices sound about right?

Any help would be great! Thanks

Smudger

Re: Soft wash \ hypo cleaning
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2019, 08:03:04 pm »
I have replied on your other thread

Darran
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

www.oddbodscleaning.co.uk

James pryer

« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2019, 08:10:46 pm »
Hi Darren,

These are new questions that I have asked. Started the post the same though.

Cheers

Smudger

« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2019, 08:26:07 pm »
Hi guys just wanted to pick your brains regarding roof cleaning. I’m just at the research stage and have a few questions that need answering. Any help would be most grateful!

1. Can I just use a hypo and water? Or will this solution not be thick enough and run straight off the roof? Please could you suggest any extra solutions that are SAFE to be mixed with hypo. (After scraping moss off). I know that washing up liquid is a big no no.
yes - hypo water is ok as it spreads around better
2. When would I use a steam/hot jet wash (with a low psi) instead of just spraying hypo? I’m assuming just when I come across the gritty stuff? Would I still spray hypo before/after or mix it with the steam cleaner?
if your steaming no need for hypo as the steam sterilizes the surface both killing and removing all organic material - no need for low pressure - not as high as driveways (200 BAR) but certainly in the 120 - 150 range - also cold pressure wash but then you will need hypo after. - don't bother hypo before cleaning its a waste of time/effort
3. Will hypo clean the grime off within the day it’s used and dried? Or over 6 months for instance every week will it look a bit cleaner?
if its going to work your results will be there in 20 minutes - if its not organic hypo is no use
4. How long can your gautrnee that hypo will leave it moss free? 6 months? 12 months?
IMO you can't guarentee a set time all this is subject to weather and position (north facing/under trees etc - but as a guide roof I cleaned 7 years ago still show no sign of re-growth ( from the ground ) but ive seen others who have cleaned and then 'sealed' the roof have algae growth within 2 years ( no idea if they bothered to biocide after cleaning - I would guess not
5. Is there any advantages using 10% or 15% hypo if I was to mix it water to a 4% mix?

6. What sort of prices do people charge? I spoke to one man and he charges £6.50 per sq M for just hypo and £7.50 for a steam clean. Do these prices sound about right?
sorry - not on a public forum
Any help would be great! Thanks

didn't realise - hope the above helps
A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.

James pryer

« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2019, 09:00:06 pm »
Hi Darren,

Is a hypo wash best way to go or a biocides wash?
Do you have a preference for roof cleaning? Or do customers generally have a preference for products used on their roofs.

Cheers Darren you have been a lot of help.

Smudger

« Reply #5 on: April 04, 2019, 09:27:49 pm »
Hi Darren,

Is a hypo wash best way to go or a biocides wash? hypo but its all simantics if you follow
Do you have a preference for roof cleaning? Or do customers generally have a preference for products used on their roofs.
pressure washing - gets everything off then biocide rinse to finish - customers generally don't specify any preference - I've only had one that wants a specific product on the roof - which he used before when he cleaned one side of the roof - otherwise they go with what you reccomend - some do ask about damage/loose tiles and the roof leaking
Cheers Darren you have been a lot of help.

Always happy to help

Darran