Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

david_claxton

Acres of office tiled carpet. Best suggestions please.
« on: March 28, 2019, 03:01:29 pm »
Hi,
I've just been to look at a job in two blocks of offices over five floors. They currently have another outfit using a  Rotowash and Bonnet to clean the carpets sporadically. It has to happen at weekends and because their current cleaners are Polish they have to have a chaperone with them all the time because of the nature of the customers business. They're after a UK National that can pass all the security checks and be granted a swipe card so they can work weekends unaccompanied  i.e me.

A t/m can't be used because no windows/entrances can be open so I'm thinking Bonnet cleaning which I have rarely done.  They're also after a day rate rather than a m2 rate.  I've never done a day rate for weekends before so I'm thinking £700 per day.

What are your wise thoughts on this, both price and method?

Many thanks,
Dave

jasonl

Re: Acres of office tiled carpet. Best suggestions please.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2019, 08:02:56 pm »
Get a few helpers, 2 buffers, loads of bonnets , sprayers, 2 vacs, an extractor for heavy spillages.

I would charge £1 a m2 and cover 1500m2 a day with 4 helpers @ £100 each wages, based on being on site 6 hours.
I clean carpets
I dry Buildings

Jonathan Evans

Re: Acres of office tiled carpet. Best suggestions please.
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2019, 01:56:32 pm »
Former it would be encapsulated all the way.
As for charging I guess that is your call but £1 a square mtr sounds about right.