Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here
Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

phil espezido

Need some advice please
« on: March 19, 2019, 12:04:47 pm »
I need to buy a carpet cleaning machine but dont know which to buy, ive been advised to look at the prochem steampro. we dont do domestic cleaning, we work mainly in construction and refurb cleaning and we arent really a carpet cleaning company, we usually sub it out but we are getting so much work that its time to buy our own kit. any advice would be really helpful, thanks in advance.

Robin Ray

Re: need some advice please
« Reply #1 on: March 19, 2019, 03:40:32 pm »
I would advise going on a course first, you will then be able to decide which machines would best fit the type of work you will be doing.

phil espezido

« Reply #2 on: March 19, 2019, 03:52:52 pm »
thanks Robin but i dont have time to go on a course. we tend to only clean commercial carpets in new build construction so there isnt a lot for us to know. We do hire machines but they arent very good so its time to buy one,

scott johns

« Reply #3 on: March 19, 2019, 04:55:01 pm »
hi phil
where are you based ? as I have a twin vac machine all ready to go powerfull for what u need.
all the best scott

phil espezido

« Reply #4 on: March 19, 2019, 06:53:30 pm »
hi Scott we are in Lancashire, what machine do you have?

Jonathan Evans

« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2019, 09:06:09 am »
Hi Phil I am not sure exactly what you mean to be honest. If you have so much work I would have thought subbing it out would be ideal.
If you are doing commercial and never domestic then I would suggest a different approach.
I would look at a low moisture/encapsulated system. Such as Texatherm or dry fusion. There are other means to get the same result.

Robin Ray

Re: Need some advice please
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2019, 03:53:20 pm »
thanks Robin but i dont have time to go on a course. we tend to only clean commercial carpets in new build construction so there isnt a lot for us to know. We do hire machines but they arent very good so its time to buy one,

The right knowledge will save you time and money, and enable you to buy the right system for your needs the first time round . A course is one day and less than £200. How do you know there is so little to know without first knowing all there is to know? There are courses specifically for commercial carpet cleaning. As Johnathan says encapsulation is very suited to commercial carpets. With something like a cimex you can virtually print money cleaning commercial carpet. A course will teach you what these systems are, how to use them, when not to use them. How the chemicals work, what sort of chemicals to use on certain types of carpets and why, what sort of chemicals to use on certain types of soiling and why. How to deal with problems such as wick back, browning, bitchumen backing, etc,etc....

phil espezido

« Reply #7 on: March 20, 2019, 07:37:04 pm »
thanks for the reply Robin, i hear what your saying however i need a machine and im looking for some pointers. necessity is the mother of my invention. what would you choose given my requirements?

Robin Ray

« Reply #8 on: March 20, 2019, 10:07:05 pm »
If I was in your position and that short of time I would sub the work out and collect a bit of cash for doing so.

If i really wanted to get in to cleaning carpet though I would attend a course to gain the relevant information so I could confidently decide which machine would suite the work i was doing. Many manufacturers provide a free course when you buy a machine, that's what I did when I started. I bought an Ashbys Ninja and got a free course with it. It was a great start.

Many people have asked questions about machines in the past on here ( including myself) The search facility at the top is a good place to start getting an idea of what will suit your needs.

Jennifer w

« Reply #9 on: March 20, 2019, 10:23:06 pm »
Hi Phil,

Iv got a 2nd hand steam pro, in fact I think I may have two of them, with all attachments you could buy off me.....
Although if I was you with the info you’ve mentioned I’d be going for a buffer system and a decent vacuum.
But as Robin says, probably easier to sub it out for a price.

Cheers

Jen

phil espezido

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2019, 12:18:17 pm »
Thanks for all your replies, i understand what you say about training and it may be something we do in the near future, right now ive got about 10k of work in front of me over the next 6 months and more will drop in so we have to get going. the reason we are buying our own machine is because subbies have let us down and made us look bad in front of our clients. the machine our contractor was using was a prochem endeavour 500 and it performed really well, i used it myself. i know these are expensive though and we cant really afford a new one.

Jen
which model have you got, what condition is it in, can it go to work now? where are you located and how much are you looking for please?

thanks for your time :-)

Phil @ Extreme Clean

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2019, 05:01:46 pm »
Subby to me i'm lancashire we can earn together if your prices are good enough. Iv'e got truckmount and rotarys crb the lot and fully trained contact me if you need Cheers Phil.
Extreme Clean
Carpets to DRY For!!!!!

www.bookaquote.co.uk

phil espezido

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2019, 07:29:53 am »
hey Phil, thanks for the offer, i may call you anyway to see if there is something we can do. im sure you have way more experience than we do and that just might come in handy. ill be in touch, many thanks.

jmj

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2019, 08:52:28 am »
Hi Phil,

I live in Manchester and have my backup machine available if your interested in a machine? Powerflite pfx1350 500psi,twin HD vacs could also provide hoses and wand if needed?

web link for machine spec https://www.amtechuk.co.uk/shop/Powr-Flite_PFX1350_Perfect_Heat_Carpet_Cleaning_Starter_Package-pid-336.html

Joe

Mike Cottam

« Reply #14 on: April 22, 2019, 07:57:27 pm »
Contact Matt at Clean Smart in Nottingham. They have various machines which are amazing performers, and their service is second to none. Their website is www.clean-smart.co.uk.
Mike Cottam

Dazer

« Reply #15 on: April 23, 2019, 09:01:49 pm »
I would advise going on a course first, you will then be able to decide which machines would best fit the type of work you will be doing.
have you thought of leasing or long term hire all maintain acne free no worries

Wagtail

« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2019, 08:15:59 pm »
I HAVE A ASHBYS NINJA 400PSI FOR SALE
WANT £1800 FOR IT BRILL MACHINE

Cleanevangelist

« Reply #17 on: May 06, 2019, 03:26:03 pm »
phil espezido

You should be looking at carpet cleaning methods. The reason is that methods give you flexibility with different situations. cleaning lots of footage with extraction can be hard work, while if you use extraction on heavy soil and use low moisture system on light it will make the job much easier.

Ian Harper