This is an advertisement
Interested In Advertising? | Contact Us Here

Warning!

Welcome to Clean It Up; the UK`s largest cleaning forum with over 34,000 members

Please login or register to post and reply to topics.      

Forgot your password? Click here

Jay Le Huray

My pet hate New
« on: March 14, 2019, 02:35:23 pm »
went to one of my jobs today, a nice old lady who I've been cleaning for years, it's fronts only so only 2 windows and front door, price £10.

so I get there today and she tells me that she had another guy  knock the door asking to clean her windows, when she told him that she's been using the same people for many years he asked her how much she was paying and she replied £10 for fronts only

he then tried to undercut by offering to do it for £6 to which she refused and told him to go away.

don't get me wrong I have no problem with people canvassing for more work but to try and undercut a regular guy by almost 50%  is unbelievable and this sort of behavior really annoys me,

glad to say that most of my customers won't fall for these tatics and are loyal customers

SB Cleaning

Re: my pet hate
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2019, 03:10:36 pm »
If your charging £10 for 2 windows and a door I don't blame the guy for undercutting you..a tenner for 2 windows and a door is daylight robbery ;D

Jay Le Huray

« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2019, 03:13:08 pm »
If your charging £10 for 2 windows and a door I don't blame the guy for undercutting you..a tenner for 2 windows and a door is daylight robbery ;D

so what would you charge £2-50 LOL

SB Cleaning

« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2019, 03:27:36 pm »

I wouldn't stop the van for 2 windows and a door !

james peters

« Reply #4 on: March 14, 2019, 03:29:17 pm »
Flipping heck . Lol .
I do a run of fronts only as described. If I was to charge £10 I would get £140 in an hour .

Splash & dash

« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2019, 03:30:40 pm »

I think most window cleaners have a minimum price we certainly do it’s not worth turning up for less than £10 as far as Ime concerned,

Splash & dash

« Reply #6 on: March 14, 2019, 03:33:57 pm »
Flipping heck . Lol .
I do a run of fronts only as described. If I was to charge £10 I would get £140 in an hour .

We do a few like this £10 a go very good earner , I wish I had mor of them , I think it was mick Kent on hear that has hundreds of fronts at a tenner a go , that’s what got me doing them as before I turned them down

« Reply #7 on: March 14, 2019, 03:37:44 pm »

£6

« Reply #8 on: March 14, 2019, 03:44:56 pm »
Assume this has nothing to do with a “pet hate” more about the OP boasting about his prices.

nathankaye

« Reply #9 on: March 14, 2019, 03:45:39 pm »

The fact the old dear didnt snap his hand off speaks volumes in this case.  Some people are scared to ask for a descent price.
(Disclaimer lol, obviously each district is different to the next.)
facebook.com/1NKServices
1NKServices.co.uk

Perfect Windows

« Reply #10 on: March 14, 2019, 04:09:33 pm »

Just checking: you're arguing that it's overpriced and also that it's underpriced and not worth doing. Cool.

Vin

« Reply #11 on: March 14, 2019, 04:11:08 pm »

Just checking: you're arguing that it's overpriced and also that it's underpriced and not worth doing. Cool.

Vin

Yep. More BS  ;D

dazmond

« Reply #12 on: March 14, 2019, 04:23:45 pm »
went to one of my jobs today, a nice old lady who I've been cleaning for years, it's fronts only so only 2 windows and front door, price £10.

so I get there today and she tells me that she had another guy  knock the door asking to clean her windows, when she told him that she's been using the same people for many years he asked her how much she was paying and she replied £10 for fronts only

he then tried to undercut by offering to do it for £6 to which she refused and told him to go away.

don't get me wrong I have no problem with people canvassing for more work but to try and undercut a regular guy by almost 50%  is unbelievable and this sort of behavior really annoys me,

glad to say that most of my customers won't fall for these tatics and are loyal customers

..£10 for 2 windows and a front door?....IMO thats expensive.....i do some for half that price on compact estate work and i still make £45-£50 an hour on this work.no need to be greedy....they literally take 3 mins to clean! ;D
price higher/work harder!

dazmond

« Reply #13 on: March 14, 2019, 04:27:07 pm »

other windows cleaners can do what they like.....ive lost jobs where other WCs have undercut me by being £15 CHEAPER than me on some larger domestics.....they can have them for that price! ::)roll ;D

....IT DOESNT HAPPEN VERY OFTEN THOUGH.........its just business at the end of the day.....

The Jester of Wibbly

« Reply #14 on: March 14, 2019, 05:44:33 pm »
£10 is my min charge no matter what. Take it or leave it.  I don't care but I won't get out of van for anything less.   No other trade that goes to a customers property ever charges less then £50.00  to just knock on the door.
Claim your 50% off your mobile payment card reader with Sum Up.  http://fbuy.me/f7Ve3

Stoots

« Reply #15 on: March 14, 2019, 06:08:45 pm »
I have one front only like that, £10 job... i feel like its the great train robbery every time i do it, 3 windows and a door must take me 3 minutes.

A couple of months ago they had an extension built which added one extra window onto the front, i was quite happy as i felt less of a rip off merchant.

Dont know why they pay it to be honest.

AuRavelling79

« Reply #16 on: March 14, 2019, 08:28:31 pm »
If you have two windows and a door and it's on it's own you would be nuts to do it cheap.

If it's among half a a dozen other jobs with no van move then you can adjust to suit.
It's a game of three halves!

dazmond

« Reply #17 on: March 15, 2019, 08:13:47 am »
If you have two windows and a door and it's on it's own you would be nuts to do it cheap.

If it's among half a a dozen other jobs with no van move then you can adjust to suit.

thats true but i wouldnt take on a small stand alone front only job.....only larger jobs....i clean on 2 estates with large compact chunks of work (80+ houses on one and 70+ on the other)mostly i clean the whole houses but some fronts only due to access issues.....its easy if their all next door to each other...

duncan h

« Reply #18 on: March 15, 2019, 08:21:54 am »
Try working for a company and saying, you wouldn't get out of the van for less than £10.
3 mins work for £10. Don't get me wrong. I charge £10 for old people bungalows (5 mins work) but getting out of the van for say £5 to do 2 mins of work. Seriously not worth it?
Most people work 1 hour for £10/£15

dazmond

« Reply #19 on: March 15, 2019, 08:32:09 am »
if its a stand alone for £10 and then a drive to another job  then you could end up only making £30 for an hours work which is too low for me...ive got to be hitting £40+ or i wont take it on.its not worth it for the short hours i work these days....